$245 Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karlooz
mark,

not sure if you've heard but pca club racing is coming out west next year for three races. it is being put on by GGR. first race is at thunderhill march 28-29. the BSR gang will be getting provisional licenses and racing. hope to see you there.
That's pretty cool! Where are they other two going to be?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:09 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

lol. i heard it was his 2nd race, or was it his second event, with the radical.
Eeek. Got a name? Or color scheme? PM me if no one wants to throw something like this out there in public.

Seriously, on halfway decent tires, there is NO F_____G WAY any of you guys who have decent car skills can't run sub 2:00 at Thunderhill by about lap 2. On your second session you'd be sub 1:55. Anything quicker than a :52 requires you being somewhat with the program.

Again, on halfway decent tires with a stock 1.3L and based on what the "old" pavement would give.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

mark,

not sure if you've heard but pca club racing is coming out west next year for three races. it is being put on by GGR. first race is at thunderhill march 28-29. the BSR gang will be getting provisional licenses and racing. hope to see you there.
Well, there's no "coming out", other than the head official/scrutineer/T&S/etc. It's just if you want to pay the freight for their overhead. Seems to be a new regime in the region, and it's great that they're doing it................but just paying $299 to run PRC with NASA is a whole lot less hassle for all parties involved.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Oh, and I forgot to add no 13/13 with PRC. You guys DO realize with PCA Club Racing if you have an off and even break a parking light you're put on the trailer and get a 13?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:29 PM
wlittleman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the video, it appears that Mark had to coast quite a bit to let Mooty and Dave catch up. That's what it appears to me from the rear cam, and I know Mooty and Dave can really scoot because I'm a moving chicane for them.

Is the 928 really only 1 second quicker around Thill? It just seemed like it gained a second down the front straight.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:42 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

How do you like the blacks? (RS14) I was going to try them as i have been a big fan of the pagid oranges until i got a little more power and now they just are barely doing the job when new. I might try the RS14s or the Hawk HT14s.
I also want to mount the 965 rotors which are more like your rotors in diameter.

all the cup cars run on blacks, so they must be good!

MK

i am on pagid black. i like the extra bite with the small stock brakes.

for some reason my 16GB card shows the capacity is only 7.35GB AND my chasecam didn't record any sessions

great video. thx mark!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:47 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Arent those the endurance pads? Probably good for street / track duty.

Thanks Mooty.

Look forward to seeing you guys at one of the next NCRC or PCA races!
I think the NCRC only does the exhibition race on the single day events. (which is great for a low key race where some of the time trialers can get involved.)
On the full weekend NCRC event, the race requires SCCA type safety equip like full cage, 5 point harness, etc.

Is your car set up the same as Daves? I think Carlos has it a little more race prepared. Did all of you guys drive to the track in the racers?

Mk

Originally Posted by mooty
dave and i are on pagid RS29 yellows.
not sure what carlos is on.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:48 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I think PRC is still 13 /13 rules, though the details are a little more subjective than the PCA 13/13. same as POC as well.

mk

Originally Posted by race911
Oh, and I forgot to add no 13/13 with PRC. You guys DO realize with PCA Club Racing if you have an off and even break a parking light you're put on the trailer and get a 13?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:50 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carnerd
That's pretty cool! Where are they other two going to be?
button willow then another at thunderhill
Old 12-05-2008, 08:54 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

i like the black a lot. more grab than yellow but dont last as long. my car is getting lighter and lighter so the blacks should last longer. your car is <2800lbs right? they should last long for you.... although you did mention you have more scoot with the new engine.

i find them easy to modulate and don;t have to mash the pedal as much to get some bite like i did with yellows. i've tried PF 01 and find that they don't have as much bite as the yellows.

Originally Posted by mark kibort
How do you like the blacks? (RS14) I was going to try them as i have been a big fan of the pagid oranges until i got a little more power and now they just are barely doing the job when new. I might try the RS14s or the Hawk HT14s.
I also want to mount the 965 rotors which are more like your rotors in diameter.

all the cup cars run on blacks, so they must be good!

MK
Old 12-05-2008, 08:57 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

dave and mooty have stout roll bars made by tcdesign. my 6 point cage is also made by tony. i think NCRC allows proper roll bars for gentleman racing.
my car is still street legal but just started trailering. i like the added peace of mind.

Arent those the endurance pads? Probably good for street / track duty.

Thanks Mooty.

Look forward to seeing you guys at one of the next NCRC or PCA races!
I think the NCRC only does the exhibition race on the single day events. (which is great for a low key race where some of the time trialers can get involved.)
On the full weekend NCRC event, the race requires SCCA type safety equip like full cage, 5 point harness, etc.

Is your car set up the same as Daves? I think Carlos has it a little more race prepared. Did all of you guys drive to the track in the racers?

Mk
Old 12-05-2008, 09:00 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race911
PRC has a modified 13/13... not as strict with the single car incidents as PCA.
if PCA is real strict about the 13/13 then i just won't race with them. there are other race clubs out there.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:14 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

By best with the new motor is 1:59.9 as of the last SCCA race, but i broke and didnt get a chance to push a fast lap which usually happens for me later in the race. But, my previous best was 2:01.6 on the old track but more recently was only in the 2:02s. I think the track now is .75 too 1 second faster with the new pavement. Hard to say. It didnt feel any faster when we were on the track in our last SCCA race there.

I figure the GT3s had about 1 second more too if they werent in relax race mode as I was in as well. They were running 2:01s and I only ran 2:00 in the race. I think in lap one, they were warming up their tires and enduro brakes

Heck, Max the Axe drove a GT3 on DOTs at laguna and ran a 1:39.6, and my best with the old motor was a 1:38.8. So, you guys are pretty darn close.

mk

Originally Posted by wlittleman
From the video, it appears that Mark had to coast quite a bit to let Mooty and Dave catch up. That's what it appears to me from the rear cam, and I know Mooty and Dave can really scoot because I'm a moving chicane for them.

Is the 928 really only 1 second quicker around Thill? It just seemed like it gained a second down the front straight.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:15 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

If they do the big track with no bus stop, Im in!

mk

button willow then another at thunderhill
Old 12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

you've got some cometition with dave. he's in the 1:39s in his gt3 and MPSCs

By best with the new motor is 1:59.9 as of the last SCCA race, but i broke and didnt get a chance to push a fast lap which usually happens for me later in the race. But, my previous best was 2:01.6 on the old track but more recently was only in the 2:02s. I think the track now is .75 too 1 second faster with the new pavement. Hard to say. It didnt feel any faster when we were on the track in our last SCCA race there.

I figure the GT3s had about 1 second more too if they werent in relax race mode as I was in as well. They were running 2:01s and I only ran 2:00 in the race. I think in lap one, they were warming up their tires and enduro brakes

Heck, Max the Axe drove a GT3 on DOTs at laguna and ran a 1:39.6, and my best with the old motor was a 1:38.8. So, you guys are pretty darn close.

mk

Quick Reply: $245 Laguna Seca