Traqmate help

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:16 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Traqmate help

Hey,

I just had the traqmate installed in my other race car, and unfortunately due to a virus I needed to reinstall the software on my laptop.

Now the issues:

The software is not able to find the display unit, but when I hooked up the display to my coach's laptop (with traqview installed) it connected with no problem

Once we downloaded the sessions to his laptop and opened the sessions, the software saw the whole days sessions as one session. (ie 30 min laps).

Also the rpms are no longer being displayed on the software, but the DU does indicate that they are being recorded, so it's a settings issue.

What gives?

I'm at the track now so a prompt reply is appreciated.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:29 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by va122

The software is not able to find the display unit, but when I hooked up the display to my coach's laptop (with traqview installed) it connected with no problem
When you installed the software did you install the drivers? There is a separate option that asks to install the drivers. If you have the CD, just re-try the install. Since you have internet access you can download the software again from here. Be sure to get the correct one, I am not sure if you're using Traqview or Traqstudio so make sure you get the correct download.
http://traqmate.com/v-web/bulletin/b...forum.php?f=17

Once we downloaded the sessions to his laptop and opened the sessions, the software saw the whole days sessions as one session. (ie 30 min laps).
This is most likely due to the start/finish not being defined, or you have it defined as another track. I would recommend that you switch the display unit to another track and set the start finish. Then when you download your laps later you can define a start/finish for the 30 minute sessions in the software.

Also the rpms are no longer being displayed on the software, but the DU does indicate that they are being recorded, so it's a settings issue.
Hmm, let me poke at my unit. Get right back to ya.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Another thought, you may just need to select 'auto connect' for the USB detection. Give that a whirl as well. Here is a segment from the manual regarding the USB install if this helps:

USB Driver
Once the USB drivers are installed, get your Display Unit and the mini-USB cable. Plug the cable
into the DU and into a USB port on your computer. The Display Unit should power up and your
computer will announce “Found New Hardware”.

The New Hardware Wizard will execute for the Traqmate USB Composite Device.

Choose to search ‘This Time Only’ and ‘Install Automatically’.

When given a warning, choose to ‘Continue Anyway’.

The New Hardware Wizard will execute for the Track Systems Traqmate.

Choose to search ‘This Time Only’ and ‘Install Automatically’.

When given a warning, choose to ‘Continue Anyway’.

Depending on what drivers and libraries were installed, you may be asked to restart your
computer. You will not have to install this driver again in the future.

NOTE: If at any time during the install the system cannot location the USB drivers, you
may select Choose a Driver Location and enter:

C:\Program Files\Track Systems\USB

NOTE: When you launch Traqview and attempt to connect to the Traqmate, if the USB port is not
automatically recognized you will be prompted for the COM Port number. Choose AutoConnect
and the software will find the right port. After the correct port is assigned, it should work
automatically in the future.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:39 PM
kgorman
Drifting

For the RPM issue, make sure there are two things are done:

1) IO Data Screen:
Make sure the 'Enable Tach' checkbox is selected.

2) User Setup Screen:
Cars – Enter your vehicle names and other information. The vehicle with the check mark is the
default vehicle for the next recorded session.

This is where you put in the number of cylinders used for the on-screen tachometer, the Traqview
graphs, and TraqStudio tach display. Since tach signals vary by car and which signal you choose,
take your best guess and try it. If the tach reads double, double the number. If it reads half, halve
the number. Here are some general rules:
Attaching to negative side of coil – enter number of cylinders. Enter 0 for kart or 2-stroke.
Attaching to a fuel injector or coil-on-plug signal – enter 2.
Attaching to an ECU or electronic tach – unpredictable, start with number of cylinders.
I believe for your GT3, you set the # of cylinders to 1.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:57 PM
va122
Drifting

Thank you so much!! I love Rennlist, people are sooo knowlegable
Old 11-23-2008, 05:12 PM
magnetic1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the 30 min session thing, try moving the start/finish line. That usually fixes it.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:41 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts

I found that I was not getting reliable RPM data until I set Traqmate to Cylinders=1. Then it was spot on.

Sometimes the Traqmate will not have the right start/finish data (I have accidentally deleted it by hitting the start button too much). It looks as though all is lost. You can zoom into what looks like a single spot. As you do that, the spot will expand into the track and you can manually set the start finish data from a session.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:58 PM
va122
Drifting

cool thanks!

Quick Reply: Traqmate help