Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Challenge Rules changes proposed on NASA Forums

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Be careful what you with for with Grand Am. Can you say red headed step child, as in that is what GTS will be. PCA ran with them several years ago at VIR--they were field filler, clearly second class citizens. I believe BMW ran with them at Mid O a few years ago. The track time sucked and the runs were spread all over the place--something like 8 AM qualifying and 5 PM race.

What a CF....
Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's all a scam but even if it weren't, I'm with Joseph Mitro and wouldn't run with someone who heads up an organization with that "humorous" mentality. Completely immature and not an ounce of professionalism. Any sponsors that attach their names to that kind of mentality will not be high in our books either.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

GTS would be perfect for SCCA. They could run as many porsches do, in ITE, which is a catch all for most all production based racing. as it is, we have had up to 15 porsches in one event, but often have 3 or 4. They just added a BP and DP class to run with us, and would think that GTS could find a place with the group as well. sure makes sense as the cars performance would fit well in the class. (production based on DOT tires)

mk

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Unless the cars fit into already existing classes that may not be grouped together it won't happen on a national level for SCCA without going through the typical new class process and it can't happen at SCCA nationals without a probationary period.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
Grand Am - Nascar
Not sure I would want Grand Am as I'm not planning on pulling my car to all corners of the country and two others

BMWCCA would be cool, that way we can still race with PCA.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

I personally am going strait to F1,I'm sick and tired of the other 2 group drivers holding me up and keeping me down!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:18 PM
gtschallenge
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I had my fun. The website is back to a neutral state. I had a lot of people asking about the photo of Kunzman.

It came from his "Jerry for Gov" website. He was actually running against Arnold for the Governor of California. I guess this was his "I'm tougher than Arnold" pose.

BTW, 2000+ people actually voted for him. He must have offered them free track time.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gtschallenge
BTW, 2000+ people actually voted for him. He must have offered them free track time.
Outfit 2000 monkeys with typewriters...give'em enough time and one of them will turn out "War and Peace". Jerry just needed some bananas.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:42 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

If you saw all the meat heads he had to control at these weekend track events, year after year, running the state of california would be a cake walk.

mk

Originally Posted by Professor Helmüt Tester
Outfit 2000 monkeys with typewriters...give'em enough time and one of them will turn out "War and Peace". Jerry just needed some bananas.

Quick Reply: GTS Challenge Rules changes proposed on NASA Forums