Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2004 Koni Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 01:51 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Carlos, your car looks great in the avatar. Didn't you have a sc on it at one time?
C
Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Carlos, your car looks great in the avatar. Didn't you have a sc on it at one time?
C
thx.
took the supercharger out almost 2 years ago. changed my focus from high HP to low weight. the SC added ~50 lbs.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:47 PM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Rog-
Thanks for the accolades even though we have our engine at the wrong end...

BTW here I'm passing a 996 turbo on the straight at Mid O

Now back to the important discussion at hand...
Hey you gotta give the 44's their props. They are some really fast ones out there.

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Just dismantle the car to bare tub and then reassemble with only the real essential items

Seriously, lots of little things, say the battery is a pretty obvious one but the tray is really heavier than you need in a racecar with a lightweight race battery so fabricate a lighter one.
Bumper mounts ? I fabricated a bunch of lighter ones, and still have extras I made if anyone is interested. And the list goes on and on ...
Basically you seriously need to look at every part on the car and decide if it is essential or not and if it is essential then can you lighten it up even more. Looking at the big items is easy, looking at the part that weighs 2 lbs and you lighten to 1 lb is where the difference ends up being.

I really do better looking at cars rather than just listing it all. Send me some pics of yours and I'll offer some suggestions.

BTW - thats 2600 without lexan or composite fenders(front or rear).
Looks like I have some work to do. How about posting a pic of your build?...and the bumper mounts?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
cosmo
Instructor

Default hijacked- just kidding

Glad to see my little ad turned into a life of it's own.

First- TED still NFW!! HA

Derek - I'll miss running with you guys but I'll still be around just a class away.

This is why the last year, which was my first year of racing, was so rewarding. A bunch of great guys using their ingenuity, resources and skills to follow their passion for racing.

Long live GTB in what ever form.

By the way, the car is still for sale.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Looks like I have some work to do. How about posting a pic of your build?...and the bumper mounts?
Not the greatest pics but here you go. It looks pretty tame from this picture but is much more special when seen in person. I built the car for a longtime customer of mine and it races almost 100% in NASA. We are still tweaking a few things to get it where we are 100% happy, of course, does that ever really happen with a race car ?
Attached Images   
Old 12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Not the greatest pics but here you go. It looks pretty tame from this picture but is much more special when seen in person. I built the car for a longtime customer of mine and it races almost 100% in NASA. We are still tweaking a few things to get it where we are 100% happy, of course, does that ever really happen with a race car ?
Was this car at NASA Nationals at Mid Ohio this year. I'm pretty sure that's the car I drool'd over in the pits for awhile trying to get some ideas for my street / track car.

Andy
Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Was this car at NASA Nationals at Mid Ohio this year. I'm pretty sure that's the car I drool'd over in the pits for awhile trying to get some ideas for my street / track car.

Andy
Yes it was at NASA Nationals, doesn't it look a lot better in person ?
Many things are small details in the car and you must look close to see. Like the rollbar, you can't see it in this picture because we took a lot of care to hide it behind the A pillar. The driver loves it !
It is currently over a second faster, on a track like Mid O, than at was at Nationals, Nationals was it's 3rd weekend out since built. I still expect it to get faster as we continue to dial it all in. So far each weekend we are out we go significantly faster. I like that !
Old 12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

BTW - it has some sets of black wheels and a set of silver wheels so you might remember it one way or the other.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:07 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

so viking. you fabbed up those brackets and still use the bumper bar? i just tossed the whole lot in the trash bin. the bars alone saved at least 10lbs.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by karlooz
so viking. you fabbed up those brackets and still use the bumper bar? i just tossed the whole lot in the trash bin. the bars alone saved at least 10lbs.
Yeah, I almost went with the CF bar and alum. for the bumper shocks instead but with this car and the class it runs the weight was still good (had to add ballast as it was) and a little safer having the bar and steel bumper mounts. Maybe when we switch to GTS5 we will do that.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

How much does yours weigh ?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 PM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you sell the car yet Terry?
Old 12-18-2008, 09:57 PM
cosmo
Instructor

Rog,
Not yet, I feel bad selling it but with the cup car the wife says one has to go!! Did Jarrod give you a call yet?
Terry
Old 12-18-2008, 10:17 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Did you sell the car yet Terry?
Hey Rog,
I didnt see you signed up for Sebring. Are you planning on going? We need some more cars in the GTB class!!!!

Tim
Old 12-19-2008, 07:18 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

what kind of power does your car make in its form now? I thought you had it modifided so it was near GT3 performance. I was talking to the grand am cup GS porsche guys at laguna a few years ago and they were making near 290rwhp with only a chip flashing. at the same time, the BMW guys had to put back on their stock intakes (no pTg CF intake boxes) and were making near 312rwhp. I think the weights were near the same too.

Mk

yeah building the car is fun. i was building this car in hopes of creating a class in PRC (west coast) but it seems many other people had the same idea. for 2009 GTB can use cup car aero and doors. woot woot!

i am very close to spec except for the front bumper. that's no biggie. i would have to go back to the oem ecu flash too... again no biggie. it's easy to revert back to aftermarket flash for NASA.

Quick Reply: FS: 2004 Koni Car