Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2004 Koni Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:30 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I would be proactive about it that's for sure. PCA has a rules committee & they will be the ones making this decision & I'm sure it will be based on input from current drivers in the class. That's how we handle the Box cars.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:31 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Tim, your wing is legal (it is explicitly stated in the 2009 rules changes as well). Roger is running that wing. As far as the different engine packages, you are correct, that needs to be addressed, AND SOON!!!!! Tomorrow will be December 1st and if people are thinking of building a car over the winter to run Sebring (for example), they ned to know ASAP.
Dell,
I was speaking about being Koni legal. Our Cop wings are not legal in Koni but are legal in PCA and NASA.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Sorry.... I ment JW not Dell
Old 11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if you were addressing Koni or GTB.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:08 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

GTA?!? My car would get killed by gt3RSRs. Not kind of solution iwould be happy with. I guess I am glad that the rules are going my way.

I do agree that the engine issue is a sticky one. There are so many combinations that make power to weight make even more sense.

My car is currently in GTB, NASA ST2, Nasa gts4 and Sccs ite. I just need more people to run with. Pca is fnally doing a few races out on the west coast.

As you say.....Where does it leave highly modified 996/997's??? Uh, GTA? GTA is the class where all cars 996 and up (factory race and street production) go when they do NOT meet the stock, prepared, or GTC classes. Again, GTB was created based on Koni cars. GTB has a better shot if it sticks to what is was meant to be and possibly create the evo based system like the GTC classes (1,2,3,4).

ps. I have no problem with them abandoning the Koni intent of the class. The weights will be a good start to gauge the class once they are published. As it is right now, driver skill talent being equal, the lightest, best setup, 3.8 x51 will win every time. Not the way it should be. That is checkbook racing plain and simple. Buying speed does nothing to showcase your talent. An "equal" (written parameters) playing field of equipment will.

ps. Carlos, what class do you race your 996 in? Is it GTB?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:56 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

In your case Carlos, the way to correct that is not to "modify" the car beyond stock or prepared.

Or.......and it sounds like we are in agreement, is to just have a min weight for each of the motor packages. Obviously this is not what GTB was supposed to be but at this point SOMETHING needs to be done to figure out the direction they want to take GTB.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

In your case Carlos, the way to correct that is not to "modify" the car beyond stock or prepared
HA! too late. even if i started fresh i would modify beyond prepared, it's just too much fun. still no one wants to address that GTA is the wrong class for m96 cars. so far the only answer is tough luck. the right answer IS gtb.

Or.......and it sounds like we are in agreement, is to just have a min weight for each of the motor packages. Obviously this is not what GTB was supposed to be but at this point SOMETHING needs to be done to figure out the direction they want to take GTB.
yes, weight equalization is the answer. things have evolved from koni specs to something higher in performance an i am all for it.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TIM COSTA
I have to agree. Even though my car doesnt have a Koni log book it was built to Koni specs and aside from the rear wing it is completely Koni legal. Im not sure how Donna will address the different engine packages within GTB but that definetley needs to be taken care of before the class really starts to gain popularity

are you referring to your gt3? in fact, gt3s are not eligible for koni cup. there is a list of eligible cars and the gt3 is not one of them.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:11 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Carlos, Tim's car is a 996C2 Koni car with a GT3Cup wing.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:11 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by karlooz
HA! too late. even if i started fresh i would modify beyond prepared, it's just too much fun. still no one wants to address that GTA is the wrong class for m96 cars. so far the only answer is tough luck. the right answer IS gtb.

yes, weight equalization is the answer. things have evolved from koni specs to something higher in performance an i am all for it.
Too late? It's never to late......building the car new is the fun part
Old 11-30-2008, 10:14 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Carlos, Tim's car is a 996C2 Koni car with a GT3Cup wing.
duh. i misread who the poster was. i thought it was you. makes sense now.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:14 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

are you referring to your gt3? in fact, gt3s are not eligible for koni cup. there is a list of eligible cars and the gt3 is not one of them.
My car is a 2004 Koni Challange car. Built and ran by Horsepower Ranch in the Koni Challange in 2006. These are the types of cars, ex Koni cars, that GTB was designed for. PCA rules allow the Cup wing, 18in rims,which Im not running, and bigger brakes, which I dont yet have either. So, like I said, aside from the wing its still legal in Koni Challange.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

duh. i misread who the poster was. i thought it was you. makes sense now.
HA HA faked you out with the new avitar!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I pulled my GT3 out of my avatar and made sure to replace it with something more akin to how I feel right now. F#@!@*&$# computers!!!! Sorry, temporary rant
Old 11-30-2008, 10:19 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cosmo

My original offer still stands.....(refer to post #13)

Show a little love.....

Quick Reply: FS: 2004 Koni Car