Sponsored by:

Tom Kerr, Lindsey, and more from Daytona PBOC

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tom Kerr, Lindsey, and more from Daytona PBOC

Here are some more clips, all from one session, at Daytona. Tom Kerr, Lindsey(sp?) and I taking traffic 3 wide on the banking. Me trying to push breaking for the bus stop past the 2nd marker and more.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:45 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool video, thanks!

I love seeing the perspective from another car. Man, that was FUN!

Lindsey
Old 11-08-2008, 02:55 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 168 Posts

You must have a few (brief) shots of my car?? No camera mount for the new cage yet so I have to live vicariously.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice video! Thanks for posting! I wish I was there, you guys had a blast!!

What kind of car are you driving? A boxster based race car? How much power/weight?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:41 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 168 Posts

Here's a pic. I'll let Brinkley give details.

Wow. That pic looked a whole lot better before I reduced the size to get it up here.
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Default Juha

The specs are rather boring. I stripped down a Boxster S, so it weighs in at nearly 2700 or more pounds with me, cool suite, full cage and half tank of fuel, etc. The motor is making stock hp for what it is, '04/'05 996 3.6L, I think. Full Motec Engine Management and Data Acquisition. I've had very different output numbers by two different shops, go figure...(both using dyno-pack dyno's). The car runs great but it is definitely a momentum car. Best lap time at Daytona was a 2:06.1 and at Sebring a 2:27.5
Old 11-08-2008, 05:03 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Brinkley do you have a close up of the center of your dash with all the switches? We get to lose another 50 lbs. next year in Spec Box. My heater core, controls, and radio are going bye-bye so I'd like to see what you did there. Also, what tires & rim sizes are you using?....
Thanks,
JRG
Old 11-08-2008, 05:31 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Great videos you've been posting! Great driving and a super nice car!
Old 11-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Default JR

The dash has been gutted. The only oem part is the actual dashboard. I use the Motec LCD dash so none of the original gauges remain. The center console is gone and we used a piece of carbon fiber to mount the switches you see. I can outline what you see: the upper left silver toggle switch is an up/down scroll switch to review data logged info across the bottom of the LCD. The red switch below that is Ignition, then Fuel Pump, Cooling Fans, Headlights, ABS computer, Motec Computer, then above that is the Cool Suite, and to the left of that is a USB Data download port. The silver round switch is the wiper. We removed 90% of all of the OEM wiring harnesses from the car. I'd say 50-80 pounds of wire if not more.
Rim sizes: I run 17" 996 10spoke take offs. They are 7 & 9" wide. At Daytona I was running 18" 5 spoke 8 & 9". All wheels are mounted with Hoosier R6's.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:32 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chad good stuff!! man that was fun!!! thanks for posting!!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,594 Likes on 739 Posts

Below you can see the guys above pass me ;-)

Lots of fun, I love learning new tracks!
Pardon the shuffle steering and other hack-moves, Daytona was pretty overwelming!

1 lap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw59-H3d2BI
2 laps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTJfyIW4KMo
3 laps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw4UwN4zw-Y

Sorry about the sound I need to buy an external microphone for the Traqmate anyone any suggestions ?? How does it hook up??
Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

TRAKCAR (sorry didnt get your name out there!) thanks for posting more vid. and I see you are smarter than us cause none of use have figured out how to get our traqmate and chase cams docked up correctly.
also you were following Eric and Kevin two of the fastest guys out there so you were doing pretty darn good!
next time (since your speed was on there) I would have the confidence in your car to keep my foot to the floor from the bus stop exit to at least the start finish line and ideally the brake zone to turn one.
that is what me and the other guys that "seem" faster than you are doing. your are topping out at 150-160 in the front straight when we are 180-190. otherwise you were right in there. I think it takes time on the banked track to really get comfortable to drop the hammer and keep it down.

great job!!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,594 Likes on 739 Posts

Hi Tom,

Not so smart had it installed by Foreign Affairs and than reserved an entire weekend to figure out how it all works with the crappy manuals ;-).

Yes, I was cheating by following Erik and Kevin, both fast drivers, but I could not even ry to stay with the groups of 3-4 cars you were running with, neither could Erik, but he might try at Sebring. Sure makes it easier to follow the rabbits, especially on a new track. Now I try to cheat even more and I am trying to get Erik's data file form the Traqmate. This time I forgot to steal it out of his Traqmate..

I don't care if I ram the pedal throught the floor all the way, I will never stay with you, I think I am short about 200 horsies, man, you come by fast, awesome beatiful car! What is your top speed at Sebring by example? I go into Turn 17 at 145 on the Traqmate..
But you are correct, I could not quite keep it to the floor all the way, or if I did I short shifted. Third time on the track with this car, so still learning to trust the car and the bank is pretty unnerving.

Peter
Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Peter, you looked pretty good to me!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:46 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Peter you are doing great, I will look for you and Eric at Sebring. I will be there this weekend, then Daytona in December, then racing at PBOC winterfest. then the night DE at Sebring at the PCA 48hour.

I see 160+ in the backstraight at sebring.

Quick Reply: Tom Kerr, Lindsey, and more from Daytona PBOC