Sponsored by:

AMB transponder customers get shafted

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mein51
A wireless router at the event that has a html page local to a timing computer could provide a data stream for anybody looking for data.
Yup. Limited range, but it could work.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:49 PM
924martinirossi
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MyLaps

I run the Timing and Scoring for the IRDC.com. The Track Decoder that registers the passing of the transponder will put out all the data that the software collects. It is done on port 50000 of the server that is running the ORBITS software.

I give out the server IP address of the laptop that is running the AMB ORBITS timing and scoring software. I also transmit that information using a wireless bridge.

You can run the R-Monitor software on a wireless laptop and see the all the information that the system collects in real time. You input the server IP address in the communications tab of the R-Monitor software and log onto the wireless network. The server address is the main computer that is doing the timing and scoring and collecting data from the Track Decoder.

At the end of each session the results are sent to a printer on the wireless network at drivers services and made available to the last group on the track.

I don’t have access to the internet so the un-official results are not uploaded to MyLaps.com until I get home.

The R-Monitor program really works great if your Team Chief can communicate with the Driver and if you have no communication with the Driver a lap board can be used.

Using the R-Monitor program at the track is really a low cost way of monitoring on track performance in real time.

If you have any question please contact me.

Sincerely,

Michael

Quick Reply: AMB transponder customers get shafted