Sponsored by:

2008 Brazilian F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It is nice that both Hamilton and Massa act like the races of old like Clark, Stewart, Graham Hill, Lauda, Andretti, and Phil Hill. Whereas Alonso reminds me of James Hunt, Mansell, and Prost. They acted like little ****s. Alonso doesn't act like a little ****, he acts like a big ****.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Rolling Chicane
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are you so inflamatory with regard to Alonso. Has he not been the ideal team leader this year with no complains about his teammate or team in general?

He won 2 races, came in 2nd place today and he didn't say 1 word letting Hamilton and Massa have their day in the sun (or rain). This coming from a 2 time WDC, certainly not a media hog, don't you think?

I do agree with you that both LH and FM were very gracious in their win and defeat respectively.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FGL28
It is nice that both Hamilton and Massa act like the races of old like Clark, Stewart, Graham Hill, Lauda, Andretti, and Phil Hill. Whereas Alonso reminds me of James Hunt,Schumacher,JV and Mansell,. They acted like little ****s. Schumacher doesn't act like a little ****, he acts like a big ****.
says the delusional Schumacher fan , from pasadena
Old 11-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Rolling Chicane
Intermediate

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
says the delusional Schumacher fan
Now Wayne, you are an antagonist. He never mentioned anything about Schumacher at all one way or another.

If anything, Schumacher always said the right thing and never let his emotions be displayed in public.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:46 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rolling Chicane
Now Wayne, you are an antagonist. He never mentioned anything about Schumacher at all one way or another.

If anything, Schumacher always said the right thing and never let his emotions be displayed in public.
Well his MO say's Schumacher..

Schumacher fans hate Alonso , to the point of madness... they have never forgiven Alonso for ending his career and would hate to see him at Ferrari, fearing FA win an additional 5 WDC. Most watch F1 to see FA fail ..... Now it's Hamilton. Now they hate LH...

Agree Schumachers comments where always controlled , except for the occasional slip ups, He was a pro at controlling his emotions when in public... FA and LH wear their emotions on their sleeves , I find both refreshing instead of the normal tow the line have no comment androids most f1 drivers have become lately .
Old 11-02-2008, 11:52 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Well his MO say's Schumacher..

Schumacher fans hate Alonso , to the point of madness... they have never forgiven Alonso for ending his career and would hate to see him at Ferrari, fearing
FA win an additional 5 ... they watch F1 to see FA fail ................... Now LH is a threat ,
now they hate LH....
Ah ha!!! Now the true motivation of why you want Alonso to Ferrari comes to light!!! As a Ferrari and Schumacher homer I never even thought Alonso would reach 7 WDC, but obviously you do. You do because it's a TEAM he can possibly acheive that goal with.

I don't want Alonso at Ferrari because he's a cancer if he doesn't get his way.

Serious question Wayne: If Alonso were to go to Ferrari in 2009, how in the world could they guarantee him #1 driver status based on what Massa has done this year?
Old 11-02-2008, 11:57 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pete
Brendan, you seem to not see how he allegedly won. Do you even realize he fing threw it away AGAIN and if not for Glock he would be a 2 time loser in the same fashion as last year.

Things even out over the year. You cry about the FIA, I cry about Bridgestone bringing the hardest compound to China, but for Glock to park his car is pure bull**** and I'm not the only one calling it a Glock conspiracy, I'm just the loudest.

Did you miss this?

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
HELLO! Did anybody read Post #137?? Both Glock and Trulli ran the same times for their last lap, in the 1:44s, because both were still on dry tires.[/QUOTE]

maybe now they can see it......
Old 11-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Brendan, you seem to not see how he allegedly won. Do you even realize he fing threw it away AGAIN and if not for Glock he would be a 2 time loser in the same fashion as last year.
Why is this so hard for you to understand? Glock gained track position over Hamilton by NOT pitting for wet tires like everyone else did. That turned out to be a bad call. If the track had stayed relatively dry then Glock's big gamble would have paid off. Instead it rained heavily during the last lap and a half, like everyone else predicted, and Glock could barely keep it on the track. Don't blame Lewis because Toyota lost betting against the weather.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:04 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KurtC
Did you miss this?
I read it. Larry posted the differnce was 1:44s, the others 1:26s. Difference of 18 sec. laps. Glock started 15 seconds ahead of Hamilton on that lap and finished 5.4 seconds behind. Very close, but the difference is that as Mtosi pointed out, that part of the track was dry/drier and his speed differential was massive. Usually on the groved tires there is a long of slipping and sliding, but that wasn't evident with the Toyota of Timo Glock.

Don't worry Kurt, I'm opening up the investiation tomorrow morning, I promise. The report will all finding will be posted at a later date.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim Child
Why is this so hard for you to understand? Glock gained track position over Hamilton by NOT pitting for wet tires like everyone else did. That turned out to be a bad call. If the track had stayed relatively dry then Glock's big gamble would have paid off. Instead it rained heavily during the last lap and a half, like everyone else predicted, and Glock could barely keep it on the track. Don't blame Lewis because Toyota lost betting against the weather.
Ahhh Jim the bitterness by brother wackypete no logic will be accepted.

WackyPete !

Bridgestone - Conspiracy
GLock - Conspiracy
Toyota - Conspiracy

Call De Police , it's a state of emergency !
Old 11-03-2008, 12:07 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

and Glock could barely keep it on the track. Don't blame Lewis because Toyota lost betting against the weather.
That's your opinion on Glock, I didn't see the "barely keeping it on track" as you did.

All you Lewis fan boys need to check yourselves. He choked again with a 22 year old rookie schooling him and if not for the racing gods or Glock he'd be on suicide watch for the 2nd year in a row.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

That's your opinion on Glock, I didn't see the "barely keeping it on track" as you did.
Its not my opinion. See post #144 for the following quote by Glock:

Timo Glock, Toyota (6th):
"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap. I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap."
I'm guessing you've never tried racing in the rain on dry tires.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Rolling Chicane
Intermediate

Chris and Jim,

I can see where Chris Walord, Pete and others see Lewis "choking". He did everything right today, played it safe, didn't get into any first corner antics, passed others with very careful, calculated moves and did everything a lot of others said he couldn't do.

However, when an unexpected variable was placed before him (the rain with a handful of laps to go) he then felt the pressure, expecially with a young Vettel behind him. A Vettal who has proven that he can race and win in the rain of Monza earlier. Basically Hamilton could not produce under the pressure, and was overtaken when all he needed to do was keep Vettel behind him and he would be World Champ.

What I think they are saying is that Hamilton backed into the WDC, he didn't exactly win it.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:25 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm guessing you've never tried racing in the rain on dry tires.
Never a Formula 1 car, but 125cc karts with similar power to weights and with no luxury of pit stops to change tires when the rain comes down. Don't take it personally, Jim, we simply differ on opinion.

Wayne, I never said anything about Toyota. Don't put words in my mouth.

Who knows, Glock is German, perhaps he has a drive lined up with a Mercedes engine
Old 11-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rolling Chicane
Chris and Jim,

I can see where Chris Walord, Pete and others see Lewis "choking". He did everything right today, played it safe, didn't get into any first corner antics, passed others with very careful, calculated moves and did everything a lot of others said he couldn't do.

However, when an unexpected variable was placed before him (the rain with a handful of laps to go) he then felt the pressure, expecially with a young Vettel behind him. A Vettal who has proven that he can race and win in the rain of Monza earlier. Basically Hamilton could not produce under the pressure, and was overtaken when all he needed to do was keep Vettel behind him and he would be World Champ.
Vettel did get around him. Good for Vettel. He's an awsome driver with a great future. Maybe better than Lewis. Hopefully he'll get the good drive he deserves, and we'll find out. My point is only that Glock wouldn't have even been a factor if not for a big gamble that didn't pay off.

Quick Reply: 2008 Brazilian F1