Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Brazilian F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:09 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Next year could be great, but I'm sure the FIA will step in and screw it up, in the interest of making it more compeitive. Toyota has come of age, BMW showed some flashes, Renault is back, let them all go at it next year and it would be great. Give points for pole position, eliminate refueling and let the cars run Q3 in a qualifying trim. Stop penalizing drivers for trying to actually execute a pass, and let them go racing!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:11 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I tried calling last night , to FA but could not get him and lauda and flav are in transit , i guess later this week or as soon as i hear something the amigos will be the first , but now for the spoils .....

Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KurtC

http://www.motorauthority.com/f1/alo...away_5445.html

The resilience of the speculation surrounding Fernando Alonso's future continues to impress, as the Spanish press once again raises the prospect of the 27-year-old switching to Ferrari in 2009.

AS newspaper acknowledges Renault boss Flavio Briatore's claim that his drivers for next year will be revealed on Wednesday, but said the days until then could stage some final intrigue.

Ferrari has already confirmed that Felipe Massa will again line up alongside Kimi Raikkonen next year, but AS said president Luca di Montezemolo may be in contact with both Alonso and Raikkonen this week.

According to the story, Raikkonen - who had a lacklustre season with the Maranello team - could be asked to step aside and move to Renault to make way for former double world champion Alonso.

On Cadena SER radio, Alonso was asked about the likelihood of the switch. "Is it possible? No, it is not."

Ross! he is not here , believe me ..................................................
Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2008, 02:41 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, lets quit the BS and post up the predictions made before the first race of the 2008 season.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:55 PM
DanR
Drifting

take note that this is from a Brit ....... Alonzo, then Lewis then the Ferrari boys
Old 11-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...1. Finn how about FA passing Heikki in the WDC standings , look at that , beat him last year swap cars and beat him again this year ... LOL.......
You're correct, I would've never believed Renault would improve as much as it did and on the other hand, very disappointing year from Heikki.

...2. Finn how about FA beating KR , again ! sent to the back of the class and now he is at the point again , Hmmmm...
Well, yeah, that was only because of later pit stop from Kimi and order to not challenge Alonso. I was hoping to see a good battle in the end but understandable they didn't want to risk anything. You can hold on your horses on that one.

...3. Finn last but not lease hammy won ! ahh i'm going to be very drunk ...
I have no doubt about that, congrats you bastard!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 776 Likes on 417 Posts

Yessssssss, true dat , FA PUTTING it on, on KR again last weekend helped to sealed the deal also....

I tried calling last night , to FA but could not get him and lauda and flav are in transit , i guess later this week or as soon as i hear something the amigos will be the first , but now for the spoils .....

1. Finn how about FA passing Heikki in the WDC standings , look at that , beat him last year swap cars and beat him again this year ... LOL....

2. Finn how about FA beating KR , again ! sent to the back of the class and now he is at the point again , Hmmmm...

3. Finn last but not lease hammy won ! ahh i'm going to be very drunk ...
I would argue that Pete, Petu and Ray think you've been drunk for quite some time now.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:18 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DanR
take note that this is from a Brit ....... Alonzo, then Lewis then the Ferrari boys
very accurate assessment , i do believe as lewis gains experience and maturity , it will be all FA and LH , with a little vettel sprinkled in , the rest are below them ....

The Ferrari was the best car all year , with Mclaren a touch behind and the Renault 2 tiers down .. Yet FM and KR made it a race

Put FA in that Ferrari , Brazil would have been a parade ,
Put LH in that Ferrari, Brazil would have been a Parade

Vettel , well you get the point ..............................................

As to those, who come on here and make excuses about the Ferrari is pathetic.. The FInn is now making excuses for KR in brazil LOL... what happended in Japan , FInn ,what happened all year , the dude won as much as FA driving a freaking Renault.

FERRARI NEED 2 DRIVERS .......OR PR MASSA WITH ANOTHER DRIVER....

there can be no justification to Keep KR , NONE

Ferrari was the team that wanted to replace Lauda after his accident !
Ferrari was the team that fired Prost
Ferrari was the team that Fired Schumacher after 5 wdc

Now a putz like KR get a break........................... Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

Freddy the amigos don't count anyway , well not wackypete , the others are OK ... i will have to give them a new member for 09 , wackypete might be in his straight jacket for sometime ...
He is taking this LH WDC conspiracy thing a bit hard ...
Old 11-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
I would argue that Pete, Petu and Ray think you've been drunk for quite some time now.
Only couple of years or so although his conditions seems to be getting worse every day...
Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It's beyond mere alcohol. I suspect prescription pharmacuticals are involved.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Wow!!!!! I take back what I said earlier.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/1101...735cde4fd4c923

Alonso shows he's a first class gentleman
Although the former team mates aren't the best of friends, Fernando Alonso has showed that he's a true gentleman as he returned to the McLaren garage on Sunday to personally congratulate Lewis Hamilton with his championship title. With this, the Spaniard gives a good sign to his Spanish fan base to stop abusing the Briton on forums and internet sites.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KurtC
Wow!!!!! I take back what I said earlier.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/1101...735cde4fd4c923
Ohhh, say it isn't so............

Alonso shows he's a first class gentleman
Although the former team mates aren't the best of friends, Fernando Alonso has showed that he's a true gentleman as he returned to the McLaren garage on Sunday to personally congratulate Lewis Hamilton with his championship title. With this, the Spaniard gives a good sign to his Spanish fan base to stop abusing the Briton on forums and internet sites.

Anyway old news , we already knew that about FA...............................................

Waiting now for the big news as Wackypete interviews glock with da Police !
Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Please.....Bernie told him to do it.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:04 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,092 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Why do you think Wayne always places bets for alcohol? The dude is lit 24/7 and now he has more booze for the off season.

I can't believe I'm about to side with Alonso, but he always said he didn't have a problem with Hamilton. His problem has always been with Ron Dennis and McLaren for what he perceives was done last year.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:26 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sir A. Wayne,
It's time.
As you mentioned on thousands of occasions, now that Lewis has won the WDC, Alonso WILL be driving for Ferrari in 2009.
You were quite clear, no wiggle room.
We have had your statements run by the Amigo Legal Department (Attorneys Dewey, Cheatum and Howe) and they concur.

Quick Reply: 2008 Brazilian F1