Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acceptable brake pad thickness for track?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 06:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,654 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
If they are pagid oranges and they are not crumbling in your hands when you pull the pads, you arent standing on the brakes enough, and they would probably work fine . if you look at my pads at equal the backing plate (ie 5mm) they are toast, literally. Ive heard that pagid blacks , hawks HT10s and cobalts are fine til the last drop.
mk
RS29 and 19 are yellows.
they are about to crumble. but i use up every bit of them.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: Based on Bull's convincing logic (the lazy factor), I went ahead and swapped the pads out today. What the hell, it was already up on jacks with all four wheels off. Moved the fronts to the rear and put new fronts in. I also took the opportunity to do a fluid flush since I had a bottle of SRF sitting around. Of course, now I gotta buy another back up bottle and another back up set of pads....
Old 10-19-2008, 09:23 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Todsimpson
OK, I typed my response before I saw Scott's...so even experienced, fast drivers can wear the rears faster than the fronts on the '84-'89 Carreras.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Update: Based on Bull's convincing logic (the lazy factor), I went ahead and swapped the pads out today. What the hell, it was already up on jacks with all four wheels off. Moved the fronts to the rear and put new fronts in. I also took the opportunity to do a fluid flush since I had a bottle of SRF sitting around. Of course, now I gotta buy another back up bottle and another back up set of pads....
What, that's only $200 or so... LOL
Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6

Ahem......
Old 10-19-2008, 10:25 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Ahem......
Okay, okay. deep_uv's recommendation also. I think it went something like "Dude, WTF? You've already got the car up in the air and all four wheels off! "
Old 10-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,564 Likes on 822 Posts

Greg, how often are you flushing the SRF?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:52 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Greg, how often are you flushing the SRF?
Last full flush was back in January and that was when I first converted over to SRF. I did a refresh bleed (not a full flush) in June. I suspect that it takes a couple of flushes to really get it fully converted over, so hopefully, I am 100% SRF now. Honestly, though, I never had a problem with brake fade anyway.

I've heard from some of those that race with SRF that they do a full flush once a year with periodic bleeds in between. Honestly, I don't know that mine really needed a flush this time, but the car was already up on jacks and I had the bottle sitting there...

Quick Reply: Acceptable brake pad thickness for track?