Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HCRPCA DE - TWS October 25-26, running clockwise!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe there was an unusual number of new cornerworkers this weekend...

Joost
Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mglobe
Also saw a pinata completely blow T11 and go off track, and the corner worker didn't even see it.
How could they miss that? Wouldn't that be right next to the T10 flag station?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:22 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
How could they miss that? Wouldn't that be right next to the T10 flag station?
Don't know how they missed it, but we were watching as we went up the hill towards T9, and there was no yellow flag out. I had an instructor who saw it too.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Chris Alvarado
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I do apologize for the scales not arriving on Saturday but they eventually made it out there. We had a constant stream of cars coming in. Some thought the Mentor services were only for Green students. While each mentor has several assigned to them the services are for everyone including the scales. The Lone Star event in December is another event not to miss. It is their last for the year and they always treat us great with giveaways.

Thanks for coming out,

Chris Alvarado
Hill Country Region, Club Race Chair
Old 10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
True dat. I saw a car go off between 3 and 2 into the infield and I had to honk at the T1/T2 corner station since they were looking into the bleachers
That was probably me...2nd session Sunday. I had just switched back to street tires and took T3 a wee too hot. So I sat there waiting for the corner workers to acknowledge and point me back on for about a minute. I was and for quite some time. They were both looking downstream the whole time. Luckily T3 flagging was on the ball. FYI...that was my first time off track EVER.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:09 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
That was probably me...2nd session Sunday. I had just switched back to street tires and took T3 a wee too hot. So I sat there waiting for the corner workers to acknowledge and point me back on for about a minute. I was and for quite some time. They were both looking downstream the whole time. Luckily T3 flagging was on the ball. FYI...that was my first time off track EVER.
Yeah I think it was your silver 993. I was worried that no yellow flags were up to slow the traffic down
Old 10-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

Thanks to everyone for putting on a great event. Especially thanks to the instructors. Great group of guys.

I posted a few laps on Youtube.

Final Yellow on Sunday. Very little traffic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUTDmdJBP-4

Few laps with VR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_or6OEalC0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGwwPXgQIck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQp2Jc4V0To

Entire Session with VR processing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TLqdA9FXc

Thanks VR for all the great advice.

Last edited by Martin Bishop; 10-27-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: update link
Old 10-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Paul (in the other thread) inspired me to make a list of what I learned from the DE this weekend. Here's the short list:

1. The more I know, the more I realize I don’t know.

2. My driving seems to have progressed past my understanding/realization of what is going on. In other words, I got a lot faster this weekend, I can't really put my finger on why or how, yet my instincts have adapted to it. I'm not sure I'm fully aware of how that happened, but it's like I suddenly "get it" and that little light bulb lit above my head, but I don't really understand it and couldn't possibly explain it.

3. Driving faster than your brain and butt want you to is incredibly scary, but only for a session or two until your brain catches up.

4. Cussing like a sailor immediately after track out really helps aleviate number 3.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 PM
pmgoodwin
Racer

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Paul (in the other thread) 2. My driving seems to have progressed past my understanding/realization of what is going on. In other words, I got a lot faster this weekend, I can't really put my finger on why or how, yet my instincts have adapted to it. I'm not sure I'm fully aware of how that happened, but it's like I suddenly "get it" and that little light bulb lit above my head, but I don't really understand it and couldn't possibly explain it.
It's quite simple. Now that you're married you don't have to worry about anything except driving. Everything else will be someone elses fault ;-)
Old 10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

I couldn't have chosen a better event for getting back on track after a number of years (8, actually) and shaking down my newly completed project (the #222 blue 944). Had a great weekend both in terms of the car's performance and getting comfortable with it all again. Started in Blue with Kerry Bonner (whose instruction I much appreciate) and moved to Yellow running solo on Sun.

Between messing with the car when I wasn't on track, and helping my wife wrangle our 1 year old son I did not get to meet many folks. Next time I'll do a better job of socializing.

Thanks to those involved in putting on such a great event!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:31 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris Alvarado
I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I do apologize for the scales not arriving on Saturday but they eventually made it out there. We had a constant stream of cars coming in. Some thought the Mentor services were only for Green students. While each mentor has several assigned to them the services are for everyone including the scales. The Lone Star event in December is another event not to miss. It is their last for the year and they always treat us great with giveaways.

Thanks for coming out,

Chris Alvarado
Hill Country Region, Club Race Chair
Chris were you giving people just total vehicle weights or also giving them corner weight numbers for their cars ?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pmgoodwin
It's quite simple. Now that you're married you don't have to worry about anything except driving. Everything else will be someone elses fault ;-)
Oh, that started way before I got married....
Old 10-27-2008, 06:41 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Thanks to Hill Country for putting on such an excellent event. You guys do such a good job of it, I personally think that you should try your hand at 1 or 2 more a year.

Again thanks to the mentors and all of the sponsors, especially ClubRegistration.com.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:50 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eclou
BTW can anyone see a late and illegal pass on my video? I was told afterwards of such an infraction.
If that was an illegal pass I am in deep sh*t, in the Miata I do much worse !
I think your time warp speed and super sounding exhaust note may have just been too much for the one being passed.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:50 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

Viking - I got total weights with and without driver, F/R distribution of each, and the corner weights.

Quick Reply: HCRPCA DE - TWS October 25-26, running clockwise!!