Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALMS at Laguna Seca

Old 10-19-2008, 10:54 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
NBC's Speed coverage was so bad I was thinking that I could do a better job if I was standing on the side of the track with a camcorder and a microphone.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:04 AM
CoGT3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, what a weekend!

This was my first time at Laguna Seca. I have watched many videos, telecasts and in car, of the track, as well as "driven" the track on both computer sims and Xbox. None of this prepared me for the elevation changes and cambers of the track in person. Not to mention the incredible condition of the track (my home track is Sebring, weird to see a track without a broken surface somewhere).

The only problem now is how to get my car from South Florida up to Laguna sometime to drive the track myself (CJ: you make me truly jealous). However, I now think I will try to come back for the Skip Barber school. I had planned to do the 3 day race course in the next 6 months in Florida at Sebring or Moroso, but I have already started the negotiations with the CFO to come back in spring.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:16 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

why do I make you jealous? is it because I'm doing the 2 day formula car school there next week? or because I got to say drivers start your engines? lol
Old 10-21-2008, 07:43 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

or because...I made some new pals? who happen to have cool toys???

Old 10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 570 Posts

Holysh*t! Homeboy you are livin' the dream now. Throw in some Brazilian supermodels and you will have officially passed "Go"
Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
NBC's Speed coverage was so bad I was thinking that I could do a better job if I was standing on the side of the track with a camcorder and a microphone.
All of the yellow flags, commercials, and a complete lack of pitstop coverage made the race really difficult to follow. They would just skip around and next thing you know someone else was in the lead. The announcer didn't even know the difference between LMP1 and LMP2, he was talking about how Porsche wasn't on the podium but he was looking at the overall results... Zero GT coverage too. I want to see ALMS grow but not if it means this is the race coverage we'll get.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory M
All of the yellow flags, commercials, and a complete lack of pitstop coverage made the race really difficult to follow. They would just skip around and next thing you know someone else was in the lead. The announcer didn't even know the difference between LMP1 and LMP2, he was talking about how Porsche wasn't on the podium but he was looking at the overall results... Zero GT coverage too. I want to see ALMS grow but not if it means this is the race coverage we'll get.

The really sad part of this is that ALMS PAID NBC to run the race.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ALMS at Laguna Seca