Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track insurance: Kudos to WSIB (paid in full)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:49 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Track insurance: Kudos to WSIB (paid in full)

I wanted to leave some feedback regarding my recent (and unfortunately required) claim with WSIB. Overall, I was extremely pleased with the professionalism and speed with which they handled my claim. No questions, no challenges, and immediate payment.

Specifically, my agent (Jean DeWitt) was extremely reassuring and responsive. The day after my accident, she stated on the phone, " I promise you that we will make this right". She definitely came through. I recieved payment wtihin 1 week of submitting the estimates from my body shop.

Again, I have only positive things to say about this experience and how the claim was handled. Please feel free to contact Jean directly if you were on the fence about DE insurance.

WSIB
Jean DeWitt
Director
Wholesale Division

Office: 866.904.9742 Ext. 2507
Fax: 866.974.2329
Email: jeand@wsibinsurance.com
Old 07-18-2008, 02:00 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Great to hear the good news about DE insurance claims (sorry you needed to test it, though).
There have been a lot of skeptical posts about DE insurance, so this is refreshing.
Can you comment on the extent of the repairs ($)? Any problems with recovering the damage to all of those aftermarket parts (if you had damage to them)?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

both bumpers, left front fender, left rear quarter, and basically all the suspension links/control arms on the left side of the car (including a brand new Ruf Oil cooler that I had installed 1 week before the incident, ouh!!). Overall, no frame damage and I should have the car back in shape by the end of next week (that is if I can get all the parts in time)... I'm trying to look at the bright side, which is that I don't have to worry about messing up my pristine garage queen any more at the track... and I have an excuse for more unnecessary upgrades (erp links / monoballs, etc).
Old 07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear things turned out well... What are their prices like? I'm sure there are a ton of variables, but what would be your best guess per event for $10k of coverage?

As a side, once they fix the suspension and align it, see if you can find out what the alignment was like. I'm not sure what the best way to test for this is, but here's what happened to me:

Had a small impact on the front left... small enough that none of the suspension/wheel components needed replacement, but did need an alignment. No components had cracks or any signs of damage, so none were replaced. Car was aligned to spec, and no issues reported.

5 years later, I go to switch from a 'street' to a 'track' alignment. Upon doing so, I find out that my front left caster mount is 'bent'. In order to get 'even' caster, the front left needs to be put to 'max', and the front right to 'min'. The resulting caster is within factory spec, but far from ideal for track use. Even though I have plenty of adjustment left in the front right, my front left is limiting me to something like 1.5* of caster.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
I wanted to leave some feedback regarding my recent (and unfortunately required) claim with WSIB. Overall, I was extremely pleased with the professionalism and speed with which they handled my claim. No questions, no challenges, and immediate payment.

Specifically, my agent (Jean DeWitt) was extremely reassuring and responsive.
Thanks for sharing! I submitted an application to Jean yesterday and I'm waiting to get my quote back from her.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:39 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Again, thanks for sharing. It's good to hear about their service.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:45 PM
s997gt3
Racer

sorry to here about your accident.glad to here about the outcome on wsib paying for your claim.
i am also covered by wsib since march of this year and have peice of mind, if something happens to my 100k car,and hope i will never have to put in a claim.
best of luck,and drive well
Old 07-18-2008, 04:20 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Glen,

So sorry to hear about your accident -- but thank you for the follow up with the insurance. Now when asked, I think it's nice there is a recommendation to add to our recommendation. Hope you get back on the saddle again soon...
Old 07-18-2008, 07:32 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

We all have questons in the back of our minds regarding DE insurance claims and settlement. It's nice that you posted this thread to give WSIB some well deserved attention.

Best of luck............... George

Quick Reply: Track insurance: Kudos to WSIB (paid in full)