Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

A couple of shots...
Attached Images        
Old 07-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Great shots Matt! Nice work.

Congrats to the Lizards, nice rebound from Le Mans.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:41 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Great pictures!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:00 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 67 Posts

What a JOKE Of a race!! Are these guys as LAME as they look on TV??? I've never seen such HORRIBLE driving. That poor austin Martin, or better yet, Darren Law?? There is no secret about what it takes to make a pass going into a turn around a slower competitor. Nor, making a pass around a slower competitor and then going out to get back on line before a turn. These two massive wrecks were just plain stupid!

(I'm talking about the wreck with the prototype and Darren, and the other one with the prototype and the Aston Martin with the Ferrari.)

Now that I got that out of my system. That track configuration is about as boring as watching a spec Miata practice session. HMMMM , LETS SEEEEEEE. Let's take a real short track, that has some good high speed straights, race 4 classes and put two chicanes in it to slow the cars down to a crawl, create some accidents taking out almost all of the name players in all classes. I sure hope they at least go back to the old config, if that is still an option.

That would have been a painful 3hours of TV. Thank god for Tivo!! (FF- Gauk --repeat--Delete)

mk

Last edited by mark kibort; 07-14-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts

Great photos guys!

Yes Speed's coverage is weak, but who does a good job of covering motorsports anyway. Interesting the comments on TV about Andretti bringing over some more drivers. With the building interest in Indycar, that might also boost ALMS attendance and coverage. Let's hope though that they send Marco back to Indycar before he wreaks havoc on ALMS
Old 07-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Great Race!!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:02 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
... I've never seen such HORRIBLE driving.... There is no secret about what it takes to make a pass going into a turn around a slower competitor. Nor, making a pass around a slower competitor and then going out to get back on line before a turn. These two massive wrecks were just plain stupid!...

Let's take a real short track, that has some good high speed straights, race 4 classes and put two chicanes in it to slow the cars down to a crawl, create some accidents taking out almost all of the name players in all classes. I sure hope they at least go back to the old config, if that is still an option.

mk
Yeah,
Those were DUMB moves by those prototypes. I have had that kind of stuff happen to me where some a-hole in fast car pulls by then stuffs his car back in line I have have to check up HARD not to plow into the back of him. Heck I gave the f--ker the entire inside of the track what more do you want? Lucky for be never any contact.

As for the track. The new up hill looks ok although they really should straighten the center of the chicane and really need to pave over the back side to keep the dirt down. Grass won't help. The west bend one looks LAME however. Maybe ok for DE guys in street cars, but for pro racers taking away the down hill is stupid. Next time out ALMS needs to use old West Bend. Good news is however all the old course is still there. At least the track surface did not come up.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
What a JOKE Of a race!! Are these guys as LAME as they look on TV??? I've never seen such HORRIBLE driving. That poor austin Martin, or better yet, Dirk Werner?? There is no secret about what it takes to make a pass going into a turn around a slower competitor. Nor, making a pass around a slower competitor and then going out to get back on line before a turn. These two massive wrecks were just plain stupid!

(I'm talking about the wreck with the prototype and Dirk, and the other one with the prototype and the Austin Martin with the Ferrari.)

Now that I got that out of my system. That track configuration is about as boring as watching a spec Miata practice session. HMMMM , LETS SEEEEEEE. Let's take a real short track, that has some good high speed straights, race 4 classes and put two chicanes in it to slow the cars down to a crawl, create some accidents taking out almost all of the name players in all classes. I sure hope they at least go back to the old config, if that is still an option.

That would have been a painful 3hours of TV. Thank god for Tivo!! (FF- Gauk --repeat--Delete)

mk
Dirk? I think you mean Darren Law. He's the one who was collected by the #16 Dyson car in an incident pretty much exactly like the Audi taking out the Aston (btw, it is "Aston" not "Austin").
Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 AM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
From the above list , i thought you where kidding
Still waiting..... sorry I couldn't include your two loves, FA and LH but they don't drive prototype's remember?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
Still waiting..... sorry I couldn't include your two loves, FA and LH but they don't drive prototype's remember?
That's it...

Now you've gone and eliminated his top two picks....

Old 07-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Spyderidol
Racer

Three of the GT2 Porsches - the Werner/Westbook car, the Flying Lizard Johannes van Overbeek/Patrick Pilet Porsche and the Bergmeister/Henzler Porsche, were all outfitted with a new 4.0 liter engine, which develops the same horsepower as the current 3.8 liter engine. The engine, still in its testing phase, is designed to improve drivability by widening the power band.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 67 Posts

That's right. I was going off memory.

Aston, Austin, I cant help that the Brit's can's spell.

Mk

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Dirk? I think you mean Darren Law. He's the one who was collected by the #16 Dyson car in an incident pretty much exactly like the Audi taking out the Aston (btw, it is "Aston" not "Austin").

Quick Reply: ALMS at Lime Rock