Sponsored by:

How Hot Is Too Hot?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 02:49 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
VIR? All that nice cool grass, fountains and the air conditioned Oak Tree tavern? Try Sebring or Homestead in July /August. I've gotta finish painting and finishing off my interior but it's too damn hot in the garage. Maybe I should wear my cool shirt.

Scott-
Spent my graduate years on the Gulf Coast and can agree that they have humidity like no where else!
I must be gettin' old!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:22 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Interesting! So we can test it out in our grand finale in late Oct.

Thanks

Mark

Originally Posted by Wreck Me Otter
They start paving on the 7/28 after the regional is over.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:25 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

sounds pretty bad. RA was like this, but there were places to hide.

I have a world of respect for the guys runing at all the "Willow" tracks in California! Willow Springs (no place to hide), Buttonwillow, flat as a pancake (also no place to hide) and Thunderhill (in the town of Willows) however, at least Thunderhill has trees and hills.

mk

Originally Posted by smlporsche
VIR in August will test the mettle even the best athletes.
Upper 90's w/ humidity to match and very little shade. That's the reason I bought an AC unit for my trailer. Now I have lots of friends !!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:50 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 171mph
i was there too in a black gt3. i saw your 993. nice looking car! i spent a lot of time in gotbluemilk's AC trailer. ending up buying a print just so they wouldn't kick me out.
Thank Kim for putting that jewel together! Was too busy taking this and that and everything else out to make the rounds. Garage wasn't cool, but it was shade.....

Don't blame you at all for using Dito's rig as a hangout!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:41 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Scott-
Spent my graduate years on the Gulf Coast and can agree that they have humidity like no where else!
I must be gettin' old!
I was mostly kidding. I've spent a lot of time in Richmond and I've been to VIR a few times in the summer so I know it's hot in VA this time of year. I also spent most of a summer in DC and it was as oppressive there as almost anywhere I've been but once summer hits down here it doesn't stop until about November, at least you guys get a break from time to time. I still can't figure out why all the old folks come down here, ten years ago I was living on the equator and it didn't bother me as much as it does now.

I did go out and work on the car for a while though. I want it ready by the beginning of September and I'm heading to Maine for most of August

Quick Reply: How Hot Is Too Hot?