Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After a full year of DEing.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:30 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default After a full year of DEing.......

with 8 different regions I was wondering why some regions run group are much faster or much slower than an exact same color run group of another region at the same tracks?

It might do with track home advantage, but what else could it be?

Is it because of the quality of the vehicles present, the type of students partecipating or the instructors teaching?

I know for a fact that Rennsport at Mont Tremblant and Calabogie or CVR at Lime Rock and WGI are the fastest region I have been with.......

Of course, Cups and Saucers was the fastest of all, but that is only because there are no run groups............

Please feel free to comment......
Old 07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

time to go racing
Old 07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1957 356
time to go racing
I am.....

Just asking for those who are too afraid to ask.....
Old 07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have only run with the slow Regions.

6 pages minimum.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
with 8 different regions I was wondering why some regions run group are much faster or much slower than an exact same color run group of another region at the same tracks?

Is it because of the quality of the vehicles present, the type of students partecipating or the instructors teaching?

I know for a fact that Rennsport at Mont Tremblant and Calabogie or CVR at Lime Rock and WGI are the fastest region I have been with.......

Of course, Cups and Saucers was the fastest of all, but that is only because there are no run groups............

The faster run groups have received coaching from me.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Bull, is that all you can contribute?.... Not like you........

VR
, I didn't know you were ever out of Texas, but some regions around here on the east coast might need your help.....badly.......
Old 07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think it has much to do with regions or home field advantage. You are likely attending more events that are near club race dates, so you tend to get more club racers at the event. Even the slowest racer is generally faster than the fastest DE guy. Hence, those events seem faster.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My own theory... CVR is pretty fast and that may be due to the size of the region. I understand we're perhaps the largest (by member count) in the country. Maybe that means there's that much more competition for limited track time. In other regions where there are fewer members and more tracks to pick from, those chapters really have to market the DE program, where here at CVR, we typically sell out quickly (about 24 hours to sell out the April 5 event). Also, because of where we are, the track rental is very expensive - so perhaps that discourages the more "casual" DE prospect. Another factor might be that here in the Tri-state area, in general the pace of living / competition is pretty extreme?

I've not really noticed a difference between the 3 chapters I typically drive with - CVR, HV, HCP. Maybe we're all pretty much the same guys that frequent LRP and WGI (and soon Monticello)? I have had some great sessions at LRP when we've combined Red and Black - 3 wide going into the braking zone of Big Bend. And I'll agree, Cups & Saucers is a hoot - I do feel for those that attend and end up in the garage. I've had more than a couple of guys say "I'm afraid to go out there, it's like the Wild West" (these would be relatively new-to-White intermediates commenting after a session when quite a few Cups mixed in with the Saucers because of morning rain -- first dry session and everyone is out).

I wouldn't necessarily say it's equipment related - I know guys around the country that talk about their events and it's much of the same - Cup cars, GT3s, race prepared cars, etc.

Interesting subject and not something I've really experienced as I've lead a pretty sheltered DE life sticking close to home (other than that 2005 One Lap experience where I covered 7500 miles and a bunch of different tracks).
Old 07-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

VR
, I didn't know you were ever out of Texas, but some regions around here on the east coast might need your help.....badly.......
Actually, yes, I have done coaching out of Texas. I just don't disclose clients.

In fact, I am in the process of creating a web site. HA! Imagine that!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

heh heh Rennsport Rules!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:29 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian P
I don't think it has much to do with regions or home field advantage. You are likely attending more events that are near club race dates, so you tend to get more club racers at the event. Even the slowest racer is generally faster than the fastest DE guy. Hence, those events seem faster.
Nice try......

As far as the theory of the slowest racer being faster than the fastest De guy, I know a guy that in his first and second race podiumed......so there goes your theory...... of course the guy's car was unfortunately hit and looks like a death fish, but that is another story...... and if I recall correctly he is a CVR member......
Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, but since I know you are bright enough to already know most, if not all of the answers, I'll pass.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:36 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Ron thanks for your input....

BTW, congrats on your new wheels, you definetly should rule in DE now.......

Monsieur Rouleau I completely agree with you, I attribute it to those in charge in your region.......
Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
No, but since I know you are bright enough to already know most, if not all of the answers, I'll pass.
You are not getting fresh with me, are you?.........

BTW, I have run with NNJR.....
Old 07-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
Hahahahaha!

Well played.

Quick Reply: After a full year of DEing.......