Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After a full year of DEing.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008 | 09:38 PM
Alan G.
Pro

Default Must be the shoes

Richer regions have the fastest cars. They also got the $$ to add the go fast goodies, and can better afford to wad & walk. There are more GT3s at DEs every years. Not to mention DE based wet cups.

Some of the regions and events are closer to the old run what you brung days, and they are not the mega regions. Richer regions also tow in sooner. CVR is fastest at LRP, not everywhere.
Old 07-02-2008 | 09:44 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

And there you have it!
Old 07-02-2008 | 09:49 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan Goettel
CVR is fastest at LRP, not everywhere.
Agreed.... Rennsport is faster at LCMT and Calabogie.....

As far as the rest I was just talking about comparable cars, although I have passed my share of GT3s, with equal drivers GT3s should do laps around older cars like mine, not just a measly pass........
Old 07-02-2008 | 09:49 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan Goettel
Richer regions have the fastest cars. They also got the $$ to add the go fast goodies, and can better afford to wad & walk. There are more GT3s at DEs every years. Not to mention DE based wet cups.

Some of the regions and events are closer to the old run what you brung days, and they are not the mega regions. Richer regions also tow in sooner. CVR is fastest at LRP, not everywhere.
Not sure what better hardware has to do with it. Usually the guys with the best hardware are among the slowest.
Old 07-02-2008 | 09:51 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian P
Not sure what better hardware has to do with it. Usually the guys with the best hardware are among the slowest.
And there you have it!!
Old 07-02-2008 | 09:54 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
And there you have it!
And there you have it!!
Hey Gary, is there anything else you could add........
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:03 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

OK, I'll chime in in the interest of reaching six pages.

I think the perception is skewed relative to the club's home track. If you come to Summit to run with Potomac you'll be running with guys that almost live at that track and you'll think "Damn! those guys are fast!". Conversely, If I were to come up to WG I'd hold my own but I've only been there twice so I'd be relatively slow next to the guy with 20 track days there. Give me twenty days at the Glen and maybe I could catch Gary
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:16 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Streak, I personally have been to Summit once, and I think Gary has been there twice.......

We did pretty well with the home boys (I think I still have a video), but of course we have cheater cars........

Although there is merit in your theory...... you don't need extra days, you need a cheater car, like Gary's has.....

Then, if you get a GT3, it doesn't matter what track you are at or how many days you have on it....... you should always win that DE......

BTW, are you still wearing that Black run group bracelet?.........
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:29 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

4 pages so far
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:34 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Streak, I personally have been to Summit once, and I think Gary has been there twice.......

We did pretty well with the home boys (I think I still have a video), but of course we have cheater cars........

Although there is merit in your theory...... you don't need extra days, you need a cheater car, like Gary's has.....

Then, if you get a GT3, it doesn't matter what track you are at or how many days you have on it....... you should always win that DE......

BTW, are you still wearing that Black run group bracelet?.........
I'm glad to see you admit to cheating

I didn't say you would suck at Summit but if you had more seat time at any given track you'd be quicker even if you are super fast. Are you faster on Saturday morning or Sunday morning?

I have no doubt that if I'd stayed at WG for 3 more days to keep working on finding seconds I'd prolly have a red wrist band by now!
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:37 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Agreed.... Rennsport is faster at LCMT and Calabogie.....

As far as the rest I was just talking about comparable cars, although I have passed my share of GT3s, with equal drivers GT3s should do laps around older cars like mine, not just a measly pass........
Paolo you'll be able to comment more once you run Calabogie with UCR next week.

As mentioned previously, my first time at the Glen was at the 48hrs. Zone 1 DE this year. I was put in black which is where I've run this yr with Rennsport. Although I felt like a rolling chicane the first couple times out I felt a lot better on Sunday even though 3 sessions were cut short during the weekend (somebody spread oil, rained with not enough time to switch to rain tires, entire group got black flagged). A couple things I noticed is that a lot of guys were uber-aggressive on my *** like an inflamed hemmroid and that driving off line and cornering speed was not as good (on average) as with Rennsport or the guys I drive Calabogie with on private days. Overbraking etc. Although I was tentative, being my first time at the Glen and all, I found I was braking for cars ahead, not necessarily the corner.

What's with not driving in the rain? I went out with maybe 10 cars on the track.
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:51 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Chris does that mean I will see you and Santi next week?
Thank goodness we will be in different run groups.......
How are the UCR guys compared to the Rennsport?

Oh, and BTW what is the weather forecast? No rain I hope......
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:52 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

It's two things IMO..

1. Overall driving skill. Doesn't matter where you go, you adapt, learn, and refine with seat time on the track.

2. Familiarity with the track, which just goes back to #1. All this more $$, faster car, better go-fast goodies is BS. If a GT3 or Cup car passes me so what? They SHOULD pass me! If a 912 or 2.2 911 goes zinging by, then it's time to find out why... regardless of where I am (especially after a day on the track)..
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:53 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Streak you are a very funny dude......

That is probably why "we" all get along........
Old 07-02-2008 | 10:57 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

It's two things IMO..

1. Overall driving skill. Doesn't matter where you go, you adapt, learn, and refine with seat time on the track.

2. Familiarity with the track, which just goes back to #1. All this more $$, faster car, better go-fast goodies is BS. If a GT3 or Cup car passes me so what? They SHOULD pass me! If a 912 or 2.2 911 goes zinging by, then it's time to find out why... regardless of where I am (especially after a day on the track)..
Words of wisdom..............FINALLY..........

Quick Reply: After a full year of DEing.......