Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodbye to Club Racing - for now.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008 | 12:51 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Matt,

Congrats on your decision. I am only a D.E.-er and have not raced, but hope to once we are done paying for college (1-2 yrs). Mine are 21 and 25, and the 25 yr. old just returned to college 2 years ago after a failed attempt right out of H.S. I was sitting with an old friend last night who has younger children. I was able to tell him that mine are turning into and will be two independent, self-reliant, responsible contributors to society. He thought it awesome that I am able to say that, and I agree. That is in spite of their suffering a difficult divorce ten years ago and have to adjust to living with me and my new wife as they entered adolescence. I believe this success, which is much more important than any job or position I have held or any money I have earned, is the result of being here, being strong and consistent, and lots of help from God.

So, along with all the other kudos on this thread, I offer mine. See you at the Zone 2 club race? There is still room in the single advanced D.E. run group.
Old 07-04-2008 | 05:03 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Matt, these years with your family will are once and done. The track will always be there. I myself stopped from 1999 to 2002 for family reasons. Those years spent with the boys coaching travel soccer cannot be replaced. And once they got older, don't you know that they came to me and said "Dad, you have to get back to the track, but this time with us!". So we started DEs again as a family, and 2 years ago I bought the RSA racecar.

Looks like the economy has me on the sidelines again for who knows how long, but the racing will always be there.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-04-2008 | 09:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Looks like the economy has me on the sidelines again for who knows how long
Old 07-04-2008 | 09:44 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Matt, you won't be the first. I had to quit cold turkey. I work long hours as it is, and my 3 boys were growing up without me. I still keep tabs on things and think about racing all the time. One of these days I'll make it back out, I'm still young. Best wishes to you and your family.

Quick Reply: Goodbye to Club Racing - for now.