Sponsored by:

Great WGI RL reunion....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Noel
He didn't want us to see how quickly Gary pulled away. Don't worry, he did it to me too.
In reality that exercise was to bring Paolo up closer to what his car (and he) are capable of. It's a lot easier to do (IMO) when you are running with someone. You can see how strong his car pulls and he should be able to WAX me out of the S's and any other turn exit. I believe he picked up 4-5 seconds from his PB after just a few laps which is EXCELLENT work. When we came up on Alan (who I believe was taking a student out in White?) and the other gent in the laces I took a quick left-right pass (well done Alan and red Carerra guy!) and the exercise was over. I have quite a few days at WGI (and 3 races) so I applaud all of you that were new there and running at a good pace!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:42 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gary R.
In reality that exercise was to bring Paolo up closer to what his car (and he) are capable of. It's a lot easier to do (IMO) when you are running with someone. You can see how strong his car pulls and he should be able to WAX me out of the S's and any other turn exit. I believe he picked up 4-5 seconds from his PB after just a few laps which is EXCELLENT work. When we came up on Alan (who I believe was taking a student out in White?) and the other gent in the laces I took a quick left-right pass (well done Alan and red Carerra guy!) and the exercise was over. I have quite a few days at WGI (and 3 races) so I applaud all of you that were new there and running at a good pace!
Agreed! Paolo's car impressed me too, and seemed to pull like a freight train even with my 210# of ballast in the right seat. He was driving really nicely, and with a few sessions like that lead/follow to get a sense of what is really possible he will be doggin' you Gary

Last edited by APKhaos; 07-01-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
F both of you!
LOL. I guess that bracelet is still on. Nice going Streak!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:07 PM
MLIN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
as of 10am today streak still hasn't removed his black group bracelet
lol. Congrats Hunt on the promo.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
techno99
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Herod
It was great being able to put faces with names. Thanks for hanging out with us and thanks for putting on such a great feast. I wish I had more time to relax. I was glad we able to get the run groups somewhat sorted before we began. Thanks for helping make this a successful and fun event.
Great event Alan. Thanks so much for sneeking our lowly bimmer in at the last minute. I actually enjoyed having an instructor in the right seat. It gave me a refresher on what the new student is going through. My instructor Chuck did a great job.

Also, thanks to Todd for all the great tips.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

In a couple of places it looked like you were pulling away from him on the straights but maybe he was easing up?

Do all the "Connecticut stock" SCs shoot flames?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris M.
In a couple of places it looked like you were pulling away from him on the straights but maybe he was easing up?

Nope, you pegged it, we are all cheaters up here.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Nope, you pegged it, we are all cheaters up here.
I knew there was room for a turbo in there somewhere. No really, why does it shoot flames?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

OH SNAP!

Does SC stand for "Some Cheating"?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MLIN
lol. Congrats Hunt on the promo.
Thanks
Old 07-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I knew there was room for a turbo in there somewhere. No really, why does it shoot flames?
They just adjusted the mixture as it was lean, maybe they went a little nuts.. It is something I need to discuss with Dan J. today as that is a new motor and I sure don't need problems.

SC = SUPER Cheater Hunt... get it right! Remember, if i'm faster - i'm cheating, if i'm not I suck.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... When we came up on Alan (who I believe was taking a student out in White?) and the other gent in the laces I took a quick left-right pass (well done Alan and red Carerra guy!) and the exercise was over. I have quite a few days at WGI (and 3 races) so I applaud all of you that were new there and running at a good pace!
I knew I should have put you in Red. I went out in a few of the White sessions with a student in the car and had a blast, White was really running well. It seemed to me that everyone was driving really well and demonstrating great track awareness. The White group was a lot of fun. The Red group is more fun when the track is slightly damp.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan Herod
I knew I should have put you in Red. I went out in a few of the White sessions with a student in the car and had a blast, White was really running well. It seemed to me that everyone was driving really well and demonstrating great track awareness. The White group was a lot of fun. The Red group is more fun when the track is slightly damp.
Thank you Alan, I appreciate the compliment.

Streak - this one is for you --
Attached Images  
Old 07-01-2008, 01:49 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

It is all fun and games till someone points a finger at you........

Alan, are you dispensing any more online run group promotions?

Great job organizing the event.....
Old 07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Thank you Alan, I appreciate the compliment.

Streak - this one is for you --

Quick Reply: Great WGI RL reunion....