I don't know why you guys do this....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008 | 05:47 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorris3
Can someone tell my why the hell Frank Celenza is god of the track? Who are you anyways? I think it's awesome that you were the fastest person in your Bertil Roos school...
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-26-2008 | 05:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,734 Likes on 893 Posts

ugh
Old 06-26-2008 | 05:51 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts

Can someone tell my why the hell Frank Celenza is god of the track? Who are you anyways? I think it's awesome that you were the fastest person in your Bertil Roos school...
What do you mean, he has his own RACING BIO site, we must "respect his authorataaaa"

!
Old 06-26-2008 | 05:54 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
What do you mean, he has his own RACING BIO site, we must "respect his authorataaaa"

!
My bad....Guess I need my own racing bio site too! Then you will all bow down to the Mighty Jarez Mifkin!
Old 06-26-2008 | 06:01 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess 7 pages was the limit before I get flamed.
Old 06-26-2008 | 06:56 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by gums
I guess 7 pages was the limit before I get flamed.

consider yourself lucky, it usually starts with me before they finish reading my orignal post....
Old 06-26-2008 | 06:59 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MTosi

consider yourself lucky, it usually starts with me before they finish reading my orignal post....
D*mnit MTosi, what the crap are you doing here?? j/k man. I've given you enough poo for a couple of weeks.
Old 06-26-2008 | 08:09 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm actually amazed this thread has lasted this long and hasn't degenerated to the point where people are giving each other the digital finger

I always love the "open to interpretation" threads. They at least prove that people with a lot of passion are sometimes passionately unobjective.
Old 06-26-2008 | 08:46 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was waiting for VR and his PROJECTING
Old 06-26-2008 | 09:16 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
All points well taken, and here on R-list likely preaching to the choir. And I commend the guys who want to learn to drive their supercars properly, I would encourage them. But, what I might be trying to say is that if you want to learn to drive a car to its absolute limit, don't go out in an Enzo or a Carrera GT to probe it. Those cars have way more potential than their rich drivers. Take a lesser, but proper car, and drive that with abandon, you'll find your limits without risking your life.
I don't disagree with the point that it would be smarter, cheaper, and a better learning experience to learn how to drive on a lesser powered car before jumping into a GT3 and showing up at the track like I did.

Trust me, I was self conscious about the fact that guys were saying hear is some dolt, who shows up in that car and can't drive out of the paddock. All I can say is if I knew what I know know, I would have taken a different path because the power of the GT3 does make it harder to learn, But you have to respect it and try to become a good student and not just try and go fast.

I have worked hard to be a good student and leave my ego at home. I go to the track and get as much seat time as I can on average 2x a month, and I am doing a high performance driving school also. I pick the brain of every instructor i meet, and really work this hobby. If i can develop some driving skill and keep the car in one piece then I will count that as a victory, besides a little more risk keeps your butt a little tighter in the seat.
Old 06-26-2008 | 09:45 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 842 Likes on 424 Posts

This thread once again shows the great disparity in skill & knowledge level that exists on Rennlist. We've got everyone from very good club racers to mid pack racers to mid run group DEers to kids that don't even own a track car (sorry MTosi, I couldn't resist ). I tend to interpret posts differently based on how good the person actually is. When a Chris Brown, Larry Herman or Dave Scott posts, I'll really read the post and look at what they are saying. If you're an unknown, sorry, but I'll probably not pay much attention. Just remember the disparity before immediately blasting people that they just might be at a very different level than you (higher or lower).

Now back to your regularly scheduled **** fight...
Old 06-26-2008 | 10:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,734 Likes on 893 Posts

Originally Posted by amondc
I was waiting for VR and his PROJECTING
Haha! Nah, I don't wanna overuse that one.

Again, I am quite happy to see lots of folks at the track, enjoying our sport. While it is likely "better" to learn good driving craft in a less powerful car, I have to admit that I enjoy the extra challenge of helping a skilled driver (i.e., not a Green) learn how to drive a very powerful car like a momentum car. THAT is a breakthrough that, while rare, is incredibly rewarding as an instructor and private coach.

I recall a guy who used to come to a lot of our LSR and Maverick PCA events (he's been out of the country recently) in his heavily modified 6GT3. Good driver, but the car was a big part of that.....and he sort of knew it (to his credit). He worked with me and others, and he gradually became really, really fast with that car, so that it was mostly HIM. He went from being a good driver in a great car to a VERY good driver...and WGAS what car he was in? He'd be fast in anything. That was a beautiful thing.

Colin, I am genuinely flattered by the compliment. Thank you! The feeling is mutual.
Old 06-26-2008 | 10:50 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 38D
This thread once again shows the great disparity in skill & knowledge level that exists on Rennlist. We've got everyone from very good club racers to mid pack racers to mid run group DEers to kids that don't even own a track car (sorry MTosi, I couldn't resist ). I tend to interpret posts differently based on how good the person actually is. When a Chris Brown, Larry Herman or Dave Scott posts, I'll really read the post and look at what they are saying. If you're an unknown, sorry, but I'll probably not pay much attention. Just remember the disparity before immediately blasting people that they just might be at a very different level than you (higher or lower).

I guess i will have to stop posting ! but understandable comment wich i happen to agree with!

i will post again when my kids are older and i can go out racing
Old 06-26-2008 | 11:06 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by 38D

It's all good, its just temporary.... for some reason my college wants me to pay tuition every few months, so I had to sell my track car last winter but I finally have some money this summer ...speaking of that anyone have an S2 with a broken cam belt... I'm in the market....
Old 06-26-2008 | 11:21 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

He is a fellow dentist, isn't that good enough?........

I was on my way to the Glen, is it something that Frank said?

Quick Reply: I don't know why you guys do this....