Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackie Stewart comparing race cars and women......

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:30 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whew! Glad that's over!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:01 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hell is with the music in the background of the first video?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpaton
As a matter of fact, I do. VR and ervtx can verify.

Michael
I can attest as well. Great accent! Hey thanks for all your help trying to get me into the TWS DE. Didn't work but I really appreciate the effort & your time.

Last edited by Blondurant; 06-25-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 823 Posts

Oh, so YOU'RE the one.....
Old 06-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Oh, so YOU'RE the one.....
and only.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 823 Posts

Um....ok. I seem to recall your "situation" being tangentially mentioned in one of our instructor meetings, although I could be wrong.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Um....ok. I seem to recall your "situation" being tangentially mentioned in one of our instructor meetings, although I could be wrong.
But you're probably right... SO, what was mentioned?? In case you're wondering the reason I didn't sign up earlier, I had plans that weekend but things changed mid-week. That's when I started firing off emails and calling folks. Didn't prevail though. No biggie.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:28 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Many people have missed out on the very popular LSR events at TWS because they sell out. Don't know if that was this case this last time, but whenever it does sell out, someone is one person who just missed getting in by one slot. Personally, if I were that person, I wouldn't want to find out that a single slot subsequently opened up, and that someone else got it because of their volume of emails, a master plan, or a case of beer or any other method of influencing Richard.

The method of confirming registrations in the order in which they were received is a good one. If you want to go around it, I would think you'd want to keep it private so that you're not publicly implicating Richard in bending the rules. He probably gets enough hate mail as it is.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Blondurant
Racer

Originally Posted by ervtx
The method of confirming registrations in the order in which they were received is a good one. If you want to go around it, I would think you'd want to keep it private so that you're not publicly implicating Richard in bending the rules. He probably gets enough hate mail as it is.
Yep, that's a good method. I wasn't trying to go around it. When my weekend opened up, I simply tried to get in. Surely I'm not the first one that's made a phone call or sent some emails to see? I didn't think about a wait list, there was probably one. Open slots should go to those folks first of course. Wasn't a big deal that I didn't get in. This really shouldn't get blown, there's no sordid tale here. Nobody bent any rules. No beer was exchanged. And I sure hope Richard doesn't get hate mail. That's insane.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:52 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by caygirl
This really shouldn't get blown, there's no sordid tale here. Nobody bent any rules. No beer was exchanged.
Editing your earlier post to remove references to your "master plan", and beer for Richard, detracts from your dismissal of whether rules were bent. Why remove those references if there's nothing to tell? It seemed more innocent before, but since your edit now makes me appear to have made up a beer story in my head, it appears manipulative. I never suggested that beer was exchanged (only you suggested that perhaps it should have been). Better to have left the post alone and interpreted as I'm sure you originally intended (as a tongue-in-cheek, not a serious suggestion).

I understood from the beginning that the end result was that you did not get thru to Richard or end up attending. I was simply offering another perspective to you for a future, theoretical event (not the one you missed). I'm at least happy that you appreciate the potential for a wait list and the first come first served rule.

Originally Posted by caygirl
And I sure hope Richard doesn't get hate mail. That's insane.
No, actually, it's not...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=54

Given the fact that he volunteers his time, it's a shame that it does happen.

Quick Reply: Jackie Stewart comparing race cars and women......