Sponsored by:

LSRPCA DE February 9-10

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:37 AM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LSRPCA DE February 9-10

I didn't see a thread for this, so I'm creating one. I'm sure we'll want to have some discussion. Sorry if it's a repost.

First question: on clubregistration.net, it says that registration opens today (January 9). However, I don't see a "Register" link/button. Maybe it will open later today?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
boze_man
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it is noon
Old 01-09-2008, 01:02 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was it confirmed that it will be clockwise?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 862 Posts

Yes, CW.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:52 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in. Cool on the clockwise aspect. 67 entries in the first hour!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:12 PM
boze_man
Pro

if VR says it will be so, it will be so...

doesnt seem like registration is open??? i thought it is usually noon???

hey all...how everyone been?
Old 01-09-2008, 03:21 PM
boze_man
Pro

the dude figured it out and is registering as we speak...found the register now button hidden behind the details button...
Old 01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whoohoo! Finally! Roughly at the half-way point between the Dec and Feb DE's. Hope the 2nd half of this downtime doesn't seem as long as the first half did!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:19 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Whoohoo! Finally! Roughly at the half-way point between the Dec and Feb DE's. Hope the 2nd half of this downtime doesn't seem as long as the first half did!
hehe, I'm going to TWS this weekend with TWSMSC.

I'll be there in Feb also, with daughter #1 in tow. She's going to drive on the track for the first time. And no, she's not driving the Porsche.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:41 PM
boze_man
Pro

[QUOTE=mglobe;4965585]hehe, I'm going to TWS this weekend with TWSMSC.

lucky bast@rd...
Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe

I'll be there in Feb also, with daughter #1 in tow. She's going to drive on the track for the first time. And no, she's not driving the Porsche.
That's great! I wish more parents would invest in their kids' ability to actually DRIVE - both below and near the limits of their car. Unfortunately, the only thing the State requires is that they know how to "operate" a vehicle under controlled conditions and identify the rules of the road.

I had a chance to put my daughter in the passenger seat for a few laps at MSR over the holidays (I've never heard a longer "wheeeeeee!!!!"). She's still at the learner's permit stage, but it didn't take long for her to translate concepts to the street. She used to tense up and brake so much for a turn that by the time the turn was completed, we were almost at a dead stop. After her MSR passenger experience, she finally got the courage to accelerate through a turn and the lights just went on. She looked at me, astonished at her feat, identified the increased stability and the fact that we were doing 30 AFTER a turn, and said "wow, let's go around block and do that one again!".
Old 01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
After her MSR passenger experience, she finally got the courage to accelerate through a turn and the lights just went on. She looked at me, astonished at her feat, identified the increased stability and the fact that we were doing 30 AFTER a turn, and said "wow, let's go around block and do that one again!".
MAN! She's driving almost as fast as YOU are!

And on a more serious note... Just found out that 2nd gear has been sliding back and forth on the mainshaft due to a failed thrust washer. Mainshaft main be "toast"! More detail on other damage by Friday. This is gonna be expensive!

I just hope I can get it repaired in time for the DE. #2 on waiting list for a garage! Dang it!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:20 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
hehe, I'm going to TWS this weekend with TWSMSC.

hehe, Me too this weekend.

My daughter will be there this week and Feb too, but she's got 11 years to go before she gets to drive. - Crying the thought of her driving, not the 11 years.

She's already instructing me on parade laps, though. It's hiliarious, she knows every turn and can call out the flag stations.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:29 AM
boze_man
Pro

Originally Posted by deep_uv
hehe, Me too this weekend.

u guys have a good one...see ya in feb...
Old 01-10-2008, 12:31 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
MAN! She's driving almost as fast as YOU are!
Yeah, but she's trying to help. Now she calls out every apex I miss just driving around town!

And on a more serious note... Just found out that 2nd gear has been sliding back and forth on the mainshaft due to a failed thrust washer. Mainshaft main be "toast"! More detail on other damage by Friday. This is gonna be expensive!
Toby, YOU are on that slippery slope you warned me about!

I just hope I can get it repaired in time for the DE. #2 on waiting list for a garage! Dang it!
uh, I think #2 on the waiting list means you're with "group 2".... that is, the group who doesn't have a chance of getting a garage. (I am also #2. Well, at least I got my #2 before you got yours, so get in line!)

If you can't get the tranny fixed by then, come on out anyway - the C4 can do double duty. Might the only way that car ever sees the white run group (that is, until my daughter gets it there).

Quick Reply: LSRPCA DE February 9-10