Sponsored by:

Spec Miata?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Barfly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
See I think thats real racing not money spending and cheating games !!! Thats what I like to hear about a class, now all I need is the 20k

Btw thanks for being so helpful pyruvate!

No problem. Another benefit may be, if you are fast and I mean really fast, you may be able to get partial sponsorship from the CSR (customer service representative). Each CSR wants to have a driver that can win on any given weekend. They also want to have the divisional championship driver...it helps business.

Good luck on finding the money and series that does it for you.
______
Jason
Old 06-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Animus
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also trying to race without paying or paying too much. I heard a nifty trick the other day (something along the lines of buddy sponsorship). Anyway, everyone knows that racing is expensive and its going to be hard to get a paid ride. In trying to race, i'll guarantee that you'll hear this more often than you hear, "go for it, while doing 944...." However my opinion is, if you're willing to take a risk that you may die racing, then you can take a risk going broke/divorced/living out of your race car. I was going to try race in pca under the stock 944 class (i have a 88, turbo S), but now i'm excited about the 944 spec, especially if you can race it in NASA, PCA and SCCA...I'll see you on the track.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by prg

If one wants to win a national championship, any class is really expensive.

True words!

Quick Reply: Spec Miata?