Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slotted Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

if you stick with "drilled" rotors, use a pressure washer to clean out the holes. Eff poking the holes with a wire or drill.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:31 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

For a NB 993, RS brakes work extremely well. I got about 12 DEs on a set of front rotors (same as TTs) with the RS brakes, while I would go through 3 sets of front and 2 rears of the standard 993 rotors. (Pagid blacks) However, it will be hard to beat the price of stock 993 rotors.
I have Stoptechs on another car, and those rotors are also very good. I don't think they are any better than RS's though.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:51 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

slotted have been better in all ways for me.....

Old 06-11-2008, 11:59 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Price
For a NB 993, RS brakes work extremely well. I got about 12 DEs on a set of front rotors (same as TTs) with the RS brakes, while I would go through 3 sets of front and 2 rears of the standard 993 rotors. (Pagid blacks) However, it will be hard to beat the price of stock 993 rotors.
I have Stoptechs on another car, and those rotors are also very good. I don't think they are any better than RS's though.
I was about to start a thread asking the same thing. My Zimmerman rotors are GROOVED BAD! and starting to crack on the drilled spots. I wanted to go to slotted.

What is the difference on the RS Brakes (different Calipers Required?)
Old 06-12-2008, 01:39 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by mhm993
Mike --

Marc said that he has spoken to PFC and they don't have 'em. I just checked their website and confirmed. We are not quite ready to jump into the neat many piece floating rotors. We share a 993 and try hard to keep equipment costs in check.
Sorry, I immediately thought floating slotted rotors because that is all I have seen for Porsche during my track events. Best of luck!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:41 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
if you stick with "drilled" rotors, use a pressure washer to clean out the holes. Eff poking the holes with a wire or drill.
Problem is that during a DE weekend you need to un-plug the rotors a few times a day.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how long you guys are expecting to get out of these. Not sure if you believe in Cryo treatments but many of our fellow local racers use it and I have found I get much longer life out of my rotors. I use stock rotors and have had very good luck with them. I have been able to get at least 3 to 4 sets of pads to one set of rotors. I am using the DTC 70 compound from Hawk. Great brakes. Watch out behind you kind of breaking...I am not easy on them either. Some tracks more than others are very hard on brakes. The price is good as well. They are cheaper than pads. I just consider them disposable items that I just need to keep several spares around. If slotted were available then I would go with those but only if they were the same price or cheaper as it would be hard to beat what I have now.

I don't bother to blow out the holes. My brake cooling ducts seem to do that for me. Just got a new set of rotors in but our local cryo guy passed away so not sure. Might just run them un treated and see what the differance is. I think I will be sorry as my past experience tells me.

FWIW.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:07 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Much thanks, all!

Quick Reply: Slotted Rotors