Originally Posted by 38D
Gary, Sean and DrJupe, none of you have PMs
Old 06-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Well, the guy misses the Glen race, so clearly he doesn't care about us anymore, eh?
Thanks a lot. You say that knowing full well that I have to wait until VIR now to set things right in H class.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
ahhhhh...... Gary, you forgot to PM Ron.....
Old 06-02-2008, 09:43 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
Gary, Sean and DrJupe, none of you have PMs
Thank goodness, I get enough "PMs" from Food Angel.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm happy to not have a PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

larry you have another PM....this will never stop
Old 06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
I'll leave the 13/13 decisions to the stewards, who should have all the video evidence they need just based on what we've seen here.

However, the man who punts a guy hard enough to cause the carnage Sean and the #85 car suffered and doesn't have the stones to go talk to them after the incident is a sad individual indeed.
Well, the only two people who I know personally who were punted by other drivers through no fault of their own did not receive any visits from the offending and offensive driver. Very pathetic.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sent you a PM with a link to a new chassis.

Bummer about the crash but like others, I'm glad you're okay.

As for the 944, no excuses for not coming up afterwards. I'll withhold judgement of how contact took place until I see other video though. I even go up to people afterwards that I think we had a sketchy passing situation just to make sure no hard feelings exist.

Last edited by Circuit Motorsports; 06-03-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm...

The door not openning is a bit of concern. That may suggest the cowl is back a bit. This is not necessarily critical, however, as it may be simple fender impact or unibody stress. That portion should relieve itself with a frame pull.

The floor being buckled suggests some fair intrusion. The center tunnel and side sills are of most concern. If they are buckled, you have a much more invasive effort to clip it. They really are much more critical for structural integrity than anything in front of them. Those two items being damaged would set the mourning bells to ringing for sure, methinks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for our erstwhile 944 driver, I too think it *might* be a bit unfair to dogpile him. However, his "silence" does speak volumes, does it not? I myself would feel so badly, having damaged someones car, that I would probably quit the race immediately. I'm surprised he was ABLE to continue, for he clouted you fairly well. That is most unimpressive behavior, for sure.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for our erstwhile 944 driver, I too think it *might* be a bit unfair to dogpile him. However, his "silence" does speak volumes, does it not? I myself would feel so badly, having damaged someones car, that I would probably quit the race immediately. I'm surprised he was ABLE to continue, for he clouted you fairly well. That is most unimpressive behavior, for sure.[/QUOTE]

In PCA racing it is not an option to come in when you have contact. You are to report to black flag immediately.

This is all very disappointing behavior. Our test in life is not the mistakes we make, but how we handle them.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
It speaks volumes. And as Charlie implies, that is not the kind of guy we want PCA racing...period.
For $20 and a latte, I can have him capped.

I have only 1 PM, but I also just had a BM. Does that count?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 AM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The video doesn't impart the severity of the impact to Sean's car of either, the hit from his right rear, or the collision with Steve's car. There had to be some damage to the red 944 and I agree with the earlier comment that the racer's failure to immediately pit-in and report to the black flag station merits the "13".

I was relieved to see Sean out of his car, apparently uninjured and safely on the other side of the armco when we drove the back straight on the 2nd or 3rd lap of the enduro.

Sean - good luck with your rebuild.

Richard
Old 06-03-2008, 02:28 AM
teamNortheast
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a couple last minute tidbits to Sean and my little dance.

When I went to the garage to see the scruts 101 was there and the first thing he said was, "damn someone hit me in the rear". I mentioned that I had video and that he probably did not want to see it.

When Brian Henderson saw it he simply said, "That explains everything".

Another interesting note is something Doug Crossman said while he was giving me his condolences (and I suppose to tell me about his amazing first weekend at the Glen with a 2:13 flat - that's lightning) was that 101 supposedly had contact in one of the Sprint races but was not seen. So Doug said that technically he shouldn't even have been in the enduro. That's food for thought.

As for the red turbo, I am in agreement with Charlie about being careful of casting too many stones. The turbo guy is not a rookie, I have been on the track with him for a few years now. I also saw his video before we saw Brian. His side of the story is that Sean came over on him, bounced off and came back to me but the video did not give adequate reinforcement to that theory nor does it explain the amount of speed that Sean was able to pick up as a result of the impact. The hit on my door could not have happened as a result of two cars hitting that were traveling at similar speeds. My assumption is that he was accelerated by a push from the right rear corner.

To respond to that staement that Sean came over on him... When I moved right to avoid t-boning 101 just after he impacted the wall it caused Sean to move right. Had the turbo been paying full attention he would have known this was going to happen before it did and since he was possibly going to have issues with fitting between Sean and the guardrail I would think he would have been most hasty to reduce speed. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that he had the foresight or racing intuition to reduced speed enough to allow for precise accident avoiding maneuvers.

Sean had to move right as did I since the 911 was butt into the wall basically taking almost 2 car widths away from the track and we were adding 3 more.

It's too bad it worked out the way it did. As for 13's.... Clearly 101 has to receive one, I can't see Sean or myself receiving one but the gray area is if the turbo's role in all this was cause by aggression to get by (as the Ferrari driver in the movie Gran Prix said, "when I see an accident I put my foot to the floor because I know everyone else is lifting theirs".) or if it happened because he didn't see far enough into the future to know what he had to do before he had to do it. It's a fine line.

I am sorry Sean and I have the fix our cars. My tub is bent, not so much from Sean's hit right in between the roll cage on the right side but the impact with the guardrail. My roof is buckled slightly as is my rear hatch area. I was fortunate that none of the running gear or suspension parts were roughed up but the simple task of transferring years of work to another tub will be tough.

I can say that if Colorado comes back next year that they bring a bit of patience too. I will hold no grudges to 101 or 360. It's racing and I will do my best to protect them.

I got a bit of razzing after pulling into the pit after the warm-up lap of sprint 2. As you all know we got rained on in the grid and as I rolled through turn 1 on the warm-up lap, at what 30 - 40 mph, my car had a noticeable wiggle that made me think how wrong things could go in this turn after the start, so I bailed. I did not want to be the one that broke loose with no ABS and boost. I am glad you all made it through that although I did hear some post race comments that it was bad for a couple laps.

So until I see you all at VIR - be good and Sean see you soon buddy. I will go door-handle-to-door-handle with you anywhere.

Steve Boris #85 Hankook car (by the way I have to paint the car anyways since Hankook isn't sponsoring any amateurs this year and I was on Hoosiers).
Old 06-03-2008, 02:38 AM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Steve you are a class act and I always enjoy racing with you.
Good luck with everything.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the post Steve and the additional information. Looking forward to getting out there with you again as soon as possible. Sorry about your car.

One thing about the 360 car that I think is really wrong, regardless of how it all happened, is that he never came in. The stewards had to black flag him after I showed them my video. That is just plain wrong.

Quick Reply: Video of my wreck at the Glen race