Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen June 27-29 with Potomac.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 273 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by techno99
So this will be my first time at the Glen. What is the pit situation? Are there covered pits available or are you out in the open?
There are garages but I believe you had to reserve one in advance..
Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s997gt3
hey george and todd i'm in to i'm staying at the falls and a friend dan from metro driving a 996 gt3 is staying at the seneca,we will be running in white.i just got an e-mail no garage for me at this event.see you their .stop by my trailer we should park together and bar be que for lunch should i bring the grille let me know and i'll buy lunch i'll bring hams and dogs and fixens
hey Stuart, i'll be there too and staying at the Falls. no garage. save a burger or two on the grill (let me know what i can bring) i'll try and park close by. btw, i know Dan and George also...see ya then
Old 06-16-2008, 07:09 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by techno99
So this will be my first time at the Glen. What is the pit situation? Are there covered pits available or are you out in the open?
There were garage spaces available but I dont know if there are still any. They tend to go fast. Well have a couple of people trailering out in the first paddock area separated from the garages. You're welcome to hang with us. I'm hoping Russ C. will be out there with us and he knows this track really well. I know I'll be paying attention to what he has to say.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope that guy with the yellow Cayman isn't around this year. He got all bitter at me last year when I motioned him to not stand in the middle of the road and talk with his buddy when people are driving in. Give me a break!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

hey george and todd i'm in to i'm staying at the falls and a friend dan from metro driving a 996 gt3 is staying at the seneca,we will be running in white.i just got an e-mail no garage for me at this event.see you their .stop by my trailer we should park together and bar be que for lunch should i bring the grille let me know and i'll buy lunch i'll bring hams and dogs and fixens
Hi Stuart,
Some clubs have lunch available on site. I was at Watkins Glen with NASA recently and they had a great buffet lunch in the dining hall for ten bucks... all you can eat. You can bring the BBQ if you want, but it may be more work than it's worth just for lunch. Then you gotta clean up and all that. I'll see you at the Falls !!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

If anyone is willing to bring a grill, I am willing to BBQ some juicy steak tips as opposed to chewy
burgers......

Any Webers out there?....... Gary R.?.......
Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sally and I are at the Falls as well, garage #28 -- See you there.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:59 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC
hey Stuart, i'll be there too and staying at the Falls. no garage. save a burger or two on the grill (let me know what i can bring) i'll try and park close by. btw, i know Dan and George also...see ya then
Hi Bobby,
How've you been? I got some more work done to my car. I ran with Potomac a few weeks ago at Shenandoah. The weather was scorching hot, but the Potomac Region is a great bunch of guys !! Really had a good time.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:11 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by George3
Hi Bobby,
How've you been? I got some more work done to my car. I ran with Potomac a few weeks ago at Shenandoah. The weather was scorching hot, but the Potomac Region is a great bunch of guys !! Really had a good time.
Hi George, can't wait to see all that u did to the car! See u at the Falls...cheers.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:52 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by BobbyC
hey bobby glad to here you'll be their too.do you know if the track will be open on thursday to drop off trailers?if so what time?

and since most of us this group doesn't have garages, whats the plan so we can all park together.i have a webber kettle charcoal grille.and a folding table to set up food and condiaments on.yea steak tips sound good paolo said and how about skirt steaks.
also is their a potomac dinner event planed?i think i saw it somewhere for sat nite but maybe i got this mixed up with another event.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:01 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

yea steak tips sound good pablo said and how about skirt steaks.
OK my friend, first of all let's get my name straight......
I am Italian and therefore the name is Paolo.....
I will supply the steak tips if you have a ready grill to go.....
as far as the skirts.....well, I can't provide those....I will leave that all up to you......
Old 06-16-2008, 10:02 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by George3
Hi Stuart,
Some clubs have lunch available on site. I was at Watkins Glen with NASA recently and they had a great buffet lunch in the dining hall for ten bucks... all you can eat. You can bring the BBQ if you want, but it may be more work than it's worth just for lunch. Then you gotta clean up and all that. I'll see you at the Falls !!!
george no to much work if we all chip in to set up,for some good bbq,as far as cleaning up paper plates and plastic forks and lots of napkins we'll be good to go.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 273 Likes on 167 Posts

Hey PABLO, i'll be over at Mr. Chicken!!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Hey PABLO, i'll be over at Mr. Chicken!!
Yeah, I might have to join you there......
Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 PM
s997gt3
Racer

mr chicken is condemed.................

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen June 27-29 with Potomac.....