Sponsored by:

2008 ONELAP of AMERICA FLM effort.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OneLap996tt
Whoa, guys! Let's spread the love around! :-) I'm not certain that I like all this talk about me going down! Hahaha! My co-driver is extremely competitive and he's always putting in 100% effort to win. Drew has spent endless hours going over every nut and bolt, making sure that everthing is just perfect. My project was getting the 1964 GM bus running to tow the car to the event, and unfortunately I failed Drew. I was able to finish the air throttle and the power steering upgrade. Sorry Drew. He's still not happy with me over it.

Leh, we have our spies in place at CMP tomorrow, and the time to beat is Danny Corcoran's 1:40 lap times.

Peter, it'll be good to see you out in your car this year. Don't be a stranger. Chuck Veth's picked up a GT3 for this years race and has put alot of time in setting it up. His is also black.

The car I hear we have to worry about is Winkler in the ACR Viper. Hennesey has built the engine and Winkler designed the suspension in the new ACR. He's also very well versed in going fast. If it holds together, he'll be really difficult to beat.

See you guys on Friday.

Mark

Make sure to keep the turbophiles at 6speed updated on the progress.

I'd also like to ask a few questions on parts of your setup (aero, suspension) when you get a chance.

whitee@bellsouth.net.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck to you guys, I'll be pulling for a P-Car, but I gotta tell ya, Leh, as a past two time competitor in this event (and trophy winner); it's a horsepower event. I hope that Caymen is blown or force-fed or even juiced. The only way to win on tracks you may not know, without practice, is to storm down the straight like the house is on fire.

I'll be watching....
Old 04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Yeah it is sort of funny when I tell my friends that a GT3 is an underdog in the OLOA.

Mark, I am rooting for you as you have proved that you don't have to be the fastest at every track, just be consistant and don't break.

Team Cannon Fodder is hoping for a top 10 trophy as it is 10 times bigger than our class winning trophy from last year. LOL

Jon K was telling me that Chuck Veth's GT3 was really fast @ the Beavrun event.

Leh, I hope the PS2's last you better on the rear than they did last year in the Supra

Peter
Old 04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

haha.... tires in the rear of the supra... were past done.. i still have no idea how we did so well on the dry skid pad.. with 3 corderd tires.....

Today went really well at CMP.. the car is really alot of fun to drive.... its like a mid engine GT3..... and slides very nice too......the Dif it has and all that stuff works really well also.... i liked it!

we finished off a set of PS2s and will get new ones for the event....

its gona be tuff because we dont have the big power of the fast cars.. and we prob wont have the pace of the big power front running cars... but we should be fine... my goal is a top 3.... which would be very good....

Donnie and his guys were great.. ad all worked really hard to do everything we could with set up and such....

they are gonna do final prep on the car tom and then it will head to Southbend.... its ready to rokNroll....

but as far as tests days go... its the smoothest test day ive ever done...

heres some pics...

Donnie giving it the stick!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Pilot_951S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We're Ready!

Ok it's 11pm April 29th.

Mark just rolled out of the shop in the #1 One Lap 996TT.

Shocks have been overhauled.
New clutch installed and broken in.
Corner balanced and aligned.
Fresh filters and fluids
and a little bit of secret stuff thrown in for good measure.

We are ready to race!

And damnit I am tired!
These late nights are starting ot get to me... I better get some sleep before Saturday!

Last edited by Pilot_951S; 04-30-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-30-2008, 12:34 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car looks awesome.

I'm still in shock guys ran a 1:38 (if it's true) on street tires. That's just plain mad insanity. Which car was it? Had to be one of the Porsches or that Viper, or maybe one of those Mongoose GTP's.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 AM
OneLap996tt
AutoX

Pilot of 951s,

The turbo made it 100 miles home with no problems! She's ready to go. Tomorrow we'll pack up the rest of our junk and drag it out to South Bend.

Wanna991, pm either Drew or me and we'll tell ya whatever you'd like to know about the car.

Later guys.

Mark
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 AM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wow, I knew Leh could drive, but he's also a hell of a photographer! Nice shots, dude! You make me look fast driving that thing. No small feat.

I stole one for a new avatar. Hope that's okay. Wait, it's me in my car and you're driving it next week in the One Lap. It better be okay!

--Donnie
Old 04-30-2008, 10:48 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck all, may you not pop up on any radar, and your red bull supplies never dwindle
Old 04-30-2008, 11:21 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wanna911
Car looks awesome.

I'm still in shock guys ran a 1:38 (if it's true) on street tires. That's just plain mad insanity. Which car was it? Had to be one of the Porsches or that Viper, or maybe one of those Mongoose GTP's.
it was Ron adee... full tube frame car... carbon "Viper" shell.. doesnt even have doors... they hafta climb out the windows.... it has a chevy engine.. twin turbo.. 900hp.... 315s up front 345s rear..... sequential gear box... so... 'street' car is a stretch!!!

i ran a mid 45 yesterday on a very green track... we were the only ones on it the whole day (other then a 1950s F1 car doing 5 laps).. and it had rained the 2 days prior.... with a fresh set up Michelins and good rubber laid down... i could see a low 44 possibly a hi 43....

the fastest car that will be out there ran a 40 there during the testdays.. it a factory Dodge effort with their new ACR... and engine modified by Hennessy.... with their Factory Driver.... who used to race open wheel..... we just wont have his pace... or a couple others.... we would need a ALMS spring motor for that!!!...

keep in mind.. this is all on the new track config.. with the increasing radius turn in the back section.....

DONNIE?... alms sprint motors are only like 100k!? overnight one?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by djb_rh
Wow, I knew Leh could drive, but he's also a hell of a photographer! Nice shots, dude! You make me look fast driving that thing. No small feat.

I stole one for a new avatar. Hope that's okay. Wait, it's me in my car and you're driving it next week in the One Lap. It better be okay!

--Donnie
haha....

yes Donnster...... its ok... actually... if u want i can upload every pic i take on the event to your laptop... since we wont really have anything else to doo!!...

ps... im bringing Ricky Bobby.... last year we watched it 3 or 4 times....

shake n bake baby!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Dear god, please don't let the invisible fire burn my friend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDqRy9bhtc
Old 04-30-2008, 04:35 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorris3
Dear god, please don't let the invisible fire burn my friend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDqRy9bhtc

"Ah, help me Tom Cruise..." "Help me oprah Winfrey"
Old 04-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Leh how is the GTR handling? I heard that F-L hand trouble getting the suspension dialed in when they first started building those cars.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:13 PM
sbarton
Instructor

Originally Posted by kingleh
haha....

yes Donnster...... its ok... actually... if u want i can upload every pic i take on the event to your laptop... since we wont really have anything else to doo!!...

ps... im bringing Ricky Bobby.... last year we watched it 3 or 4 times....

shake n bake baby!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_isgXzxIa24
I think this scence from Ricky Bobby was inspired by your WGI race.

-Scott

Quick Reply: 2008 ONELAP of AMERICA FLM effort.....