Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 ONELAP of AMERICA FLM effort.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 2008 ONELAP of AMERICA FLM effort.....

yo doods.. whats up.....

Well this year again im able to do onelap..... and im happy to say thats its with FarnbacherLoles and im driving a Porsche!....

I will be doing it in a FarnbacherLoles Cayman GTR..... with Donald Barnes..

The Schedule is very cool this year... alot of awsome tracks....

www.onelapofamerica.com

So.. if you want a Porsche to win... and dont want it to be Davia again... pull for us... haha....

the car has all the GTR trick stuff... + extra like a lil bit of carbon body work.. and Motons and stuff... cooool stuff....

So with Farnbacher racing winning LMS race at Monza and FarnbacherLoles finishing on podium at VIR this past weekend..... Now we can have a 10 day competition inbetween now and their ALMS and Grand-Am weekends coming up in a couple weeks..... busy busy!

I will test the car tomorrow at CMP.. then the car gets delivered to Southbend indiana Friday... and the event starts Saturday....

Like last year i will be taking photos and writing updates (maby with better grammar this time)

We are also trying to set up a GPS tracking system that you guys can use with googlemaps at anytime.. to see where we are.... pretty cool.. but like i said... Trying....

so anyways.... im stoked.. this event is cool... and altho we dont have 750hp like the other top running cars.... we have everything else... and should have extreme reliability... but u know how it goes... anything can happen.....
Old 04-28-2008, 06:18 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Nah Leh, I think it will be a Black GT3 that takes down Davia. I am glad you and Donnie are going in the GTR it should be an awesome ride. I was hoping he would enter when I talked to him @ Topeka last year. See you in South Bend.

Peter
2007 OLOA Lap Puppy SSGT1 SB 1st in class and 16th overall E46M3
2008 OLOA SSGT1 BB 2005 Porsche GT3 in need of a suspension

Last edited by 85Gold; 02-12-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:32 PM
sbarton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool Leh. Good luck.
My brother Brian lives in Camden, SC about 12 miles from CMP. Can he come watch you guys for a while tomorow?

-Scott
Old 04-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts

Is that Chuck's GT3? I was chatting with him at Lime Rock the other day.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Good luck, glad to see you in a P car this year, give them HELL!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:26 PM
OneLap996tt
AutoX

Whoa, guys! Let's spread the love around! :-) I'm not certain that I like all this talk about me going down! Hahaha! My co-driver is extremely competitive and he's always putting in 100% effort to win. Drew has spent endless hours going over every nut and bolt, making sure that everthing is just perfect. My project was getting the 1964 GM bus running to tow the car to the event, and unfortunately I failed Drew. I was not able to finish the air throttle and the power steering upgrade. Sorry Drew. He's still not happy with me over it.

Leh, we have our spies in place at CMP tomorrow, and the time to beat is Danny Corcoran's 1:40 lap times.

Peter, it'll be good to see you out in your car this year. Don't be a stranger. Chuck Veth's picked up a GT3 for this years race and has put alot of time in setting it up. His is also black.

The car I hear we have to worry about is Winkler in the ACR Viper. Hennesey has built the engine and Winkler designed the suspension in the new ACR. He's also very well versed in going fast. If it holds together, he'll be really difficult to beat.

See you guys on Friday.

Mark

Last edited by OneLap996tt; 04-30-2008 at 02:25 AM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
OneLap996tt
AutoX

Holy cow, AnalogMike, it's been a long time! How have you been?

Mark
Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Leh is there a spec tire?

1:40 on Hoos at the new CMP is in reach of that car with you driving
Old 04-28-2008, 09:49 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Nah Leh, I think it will be a Black GT3 that takes down Davia. I am glad you and Donnie are going in the GTR it should be an awesome ride. I was hoping he would enter when I talked to him @ Topeka last year. See you in South Bend.

Peter
2007 OLOA Lap Puppy SSGT1 SB 1st in class and 16th overall E46M3
2008 OLOA SSGT1 BB 2005 Porsche GT3 in need of a suspension

perfect!.... the nickname for the GTR is GT3killer....

gt3 is almost perfect car for it... for fun and reliable.. and sooo nice to drive... also def a top 3 competitor.. as david murry showed....
Old 04-28-2008, 09:50 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sbarton
Very cool Leh. Good luck.
My brother Brian lives in Camden, SC about 12 miles from CMP. Can he come watch you guys for a while tomorow?

-Scott
i dont see why not...

but i dont know the details on the day.. i think we are sharing it with a open wheel team..... so i duno if its private or what...
Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OneLap996tt
Whoa, guys! Let's spread the love around! :-) I'm not certain that I like all this talk about me going down! Hahaha! My co-driver is extremely competitive and he's always putting in 100% effort to win. Drew has spent endless hours going over every nut and bolt, making sure that everthing is just perfect. My project was getting the 1964 GM bus running to tow the car to the event, and unfortunately I failed Drew. I was able to finish the air throttle and the power steering upgrade. Sorry Drew. He's still not happy with me over it.

Leh, we have our spies in place at CMP tomorrow, and the time to beat is Danny Corcoran's 1:40 lap times.

Peter, it'll be good to see you out in your car this year. Don't be a stranger. Chuck Veth's picked up a GT3 for this years race and has put alot of time in setting it up. His is also black.

The car I hear we have to worry about is Winkler in the ACR Viper. Hennesey has built the engine and Winkler designed the suspension in the new ACR. He's also very well versed in going fast. If it holds together, he'll be really difficult to beat.

See you guys on Friday.

Mark

well we now on the same team... and for sure we hafta beat down the american cars!!!.. and i hope that Tony doesnt let totaly loose in that new GTR.. with its reliability and consistency... but i duno how good of a driver he is....

vipers are tuff to beat in onelap as i found out last year.... so def not looking foward to having a hi power well setup one to go against....

i had heard that 1:38 was the time to beat...... so i was gona go for that... i havent drivin the new config.. so i really dont know what to guess for our speed... thats a really fast time tho.. i do know that... and if we are low 40s.. i will be happy i think... but u can never have enough speeeeed...
Old 04-28-2008, 09:58 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
Leh is there a spec tire?

1:40 on Hoos at the new CMP is in reach of that car with you driving

we hafta run street tires....

we runnin PS2s
Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

This is Connor, KINAAGMAAn.

When you gonna post a new thread about that new..urrr PCA urrr van urrrsrrr.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:20 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

neevaaaAr...

CMP has wifi!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by OneLap996tt
Holy cow, AnalogMike, it's been a long time! How have you been?

Mark
Hey Mark!!!

You are my one lap hero, but have turned from an underdog to an overdog by being too damn good!!! I'll still be rooting for you but I also have to pull for my bro's at F-L and also have an odd connection to that Viper (mine was hidden in the far corner of the B paddock at Lime Rock saturday). Maybe I'll bring the snake out to a PCA autox and scare myself, hope to see you there.

Good luck and hope ONE of you wins!!!

Quick Reply: 2008 ONELAP of AMERICA FLM effort.....