Sponsored by:

data logging - DL1

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:00 AM
fly2low
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default data logging - DL1

I have just picked up a '93 RSA for track and wtw when I am ready. I have taken a Race Technology DL1 out of my 996TT, and am putting it in the RSA. Will have brake pressure sensors and steering sensors. Need to tap into the OBD1 and RT makes an adpter to do this, but mapping the inputs is a bitch. Inquiries to Porsche by myself and my installer have hit a wall. Has anyone done this, and if so could you please share?
Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry but I don't understand the question. I had a DL1 in my 964RSR and my 2000 GT3 Cup and what I did was simply piggy back on the wires going into the ECU (RPM, throttle position) or making my own (brake pressure sensor, steering angle) and going straight into the DL box. The difficult bit is calibrating the sensors that are not sold by race-technology as you can only do it by trial and error.
Hope this is if some help
JM
Old 04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

On the 964, the there is not throttle position sensor, only an idle switch and a WOT switch, so you will need to use a string pot or linear pot and configure it yourself using a custom calibration. Steering position is easy with a string pot on the shaft, there are some pictures around here that show the installation on my car. Brake pressure will require you to make a line from the master cylinder to the ABS pump. On the 964, the front and rear pressures to the ABS pump are the same, so all you need is one sensor. With the exception of RPM, I don't think there is anything you can get out of the OBD II port that is worthwhile.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:42 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>> + 1
Geoffrey is 100% right.
Even if some of the data you wanted was on the OBDII port, the data rates are so low that they are next to useless.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:21 PM
fly2low
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys
Have the brake and steering taken care of. All I really want in addition is throttle and rpm.

Quick Reply: data logging - DL1