Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any helpful hints on renting race cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008 | 12:34 AM
str8ner
Racer

TD,

Sorry to hear about your addiction problem. Just like Phokaioglaukos I bought a Spec Miata. Very cheap way of racing and way more fun than you can think. I can probably say that I enjoy it more than my GT3! Astrid and I are going to Nelson Ledges this week-end for the SCCA school. Next we are trying to get ready for the 12 hrs of Summit. By the way, we may be looking for an additional driver! Let me know if you are interested. To test it you can rent a Miata for $600 a day, there is 3 co at Summit that rent them. Also, we will be preparing May 5-6 at Summit with NNJR. Rent a Miata and join us. There will be 2 1/2 hrs of track time a day.

Stephan
Old 04-16-2008 | 08:19 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Stephan and I did the WDCR SCCA fall school last year, he in his car and I in a rental. Renting a Miata is a great way to try the car, and for the 12 Hours at the Point advisible even if you own a car. As Stephan notes, there are several people renting Miatas at Summit Point, and I think they are all good.
Old 04-16-2008 | 08:59 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by stisseront
TD,

Sorry to hear about your addiction problem. Just like Phokaioglaukos I bought a Spec Miata. Very cheap way of racing and way more fun than you can think. I can probably say that I enjoy it more than my GT3! Astrid and I are going to Nelson Ledges this week-end for the SCCA school. Next we are trying to get ready for the 12 hrs of Summit. By the way, we may be looking for an additional driver! Let me know if you are interested. To test it you can rent a Miata for $600 a day, there is 3 co at Summit that rent them. Also, we will be preparing May 5-6 at Summit with NNJR. Rent a Miata and join us. There will be 2 1/2 hrs of track time a day.

Stephan

Hey Stephan! I am very interested in being a additional driver for the 12 hours. What fun would that be! Let's talk next week.

Also, I won a wine auction and my cellar is overstocked. You and Astrid NEED to come over and help me cull my stock

Chris, you and your wife are invited, but it might be much more of a trip for you. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-16-2008 | 09:45 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by stisseront
................. Also, we will be preparing May 5-6 at Summit with NNJR. Rent a Miata and join us. There will be 2 1/2 hrs of track time a day.

Stephan
And it will likely be way warmer than we had at Pocono! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Astrid again.

Come on TD, do as Stephan says and join us!
Old 04-16-2008 | 09:52 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sideways Stephan - in a Miata??? Holy smokes. Now that'd be fun to watch!!!!

Stephan - is Astrid going to race also? If so I commend both of you! Excellent!!!!
Old 04-16-2008 | 07:36 PM
prg
Pro

I am also planning on running the 12 hours of Summit Point this year. We'll be running a 2nd generation RX7. If your eardrums are bleeding, that will probably be our fault.
Old 04-17-2008 | 01:57 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Rental is really appealing to me too if not to race just to get in on an occasional HPDE like during a familiy vacation so I can drive some of the famous tracks around the country like WGI, VIR,Mosport, etc... As a left coaster it is just too far to pull all my crap out East. and I am sure the same holds for you Easters who would love to drive laguna Seca.

Quick Reply: Any helpful hints on renting race cars?