Sponsored by:

AMB transponder?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Professor Helmüt Tester
The AMB display system only works if track AMB decoder has been upgraded to accomodate the display software and hardware. It also only works when the AMB system is actually up and running.

Very few Timing and Scoring crews want to screw with the additional crap necessary for this. That's why you see these things on ebay...because they're "ballast" in the car. Don't work. Nada. Squandool. Just riding around.

Go talk to the T & S folks next time you're at a race weekend...ask them if they're running it...or if they know of any T & S crews anywhere who are running it.

Buy one at your own risk. IMO, just wasted money.
PCA supports the system, so for many here it is worth it. I swear by mine (not at it).
Old 09-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Wc0001
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of these and they are pretty useless. Have had it at three events this season without working. Have talked to other racers at same events and they concure. Timing and scoring does not take the time to set it up properly and as a result it does not work well. I see the advantages and would really like to see it work but right now it is a waste of money.

Quick Reply: AMB transponder?