Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Malaysia F1 Race Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008 | 03:36 AM
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Are they showing from now on Speed right through the race? Just got off the plane from Shanghai so not chance to sleep now anyways...
Old 03-23-2008 | 03:58 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993944S2
Are they showing from now on Speed right through the race? Just got off the plane from Shanghai so not chance to sleep now anyways...
Oh yes!

I don't know who's still up or already sleeping (those ***** girls!)... Me and Mr. P. are still here with no problems!
Old 03-23-2008 | 05:34 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Here we go, were we friggin' go!!! Like I predicted, Kimi had no problemsof getting past Massa and after that, it was all said & done for him.

I'm little trouble though... I watched the race live with my friends Patron & Heineken and it worked beautifully for the Finns!
Ok, maybe Heikki could've been 2nd instead of 3rd but outqualifying his "wonderkid" Hamilton and beating him in the race ain't too shabby... Does this mean I need to repeat every time there's an F1 race...?

Where's eveyone else? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who watched it live?! Man, it's almost 5 am, pretty much time to put the coffee on, maybe I should skip the sleep entirely.
Old 03-23-2008 | 07:10 AM
MM-Racing
Racer

if Massa had not gone away of the track non of McL would have been on the podium.
Congratulation for Kimi And Kovalainen but Robert is Ayrton alike. He will be nr 1 soon.
Hamilton is a good driver but mostly for sunny days but when the rainny days are comming he's often in trouble
Old 03-23-2008 | 11:30 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Massa kills me.

Maybe they should give him an older Camaro or Mustang with 500hp+ to drive in between races so that he can learn to focus on throttle control without TC.
Old 03-23-2008 | 12:04 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Massa kills me.

Maybe they should give him an older Camaro or Mustang with 500hp+ to drive in between races so that he can learn to focus on throttle control without TC.
Old 03-23-2008 | 12:08 PM
ez996
Advanced

Originally Posted by MM-Racing
if Massa had not gone away of the track non of McL would have been on the podium.
Congratulation for Kimi And Kovalainen but Robert is Ayrton alike. He will be nr 1 soon.
Hamilton is a good driver but mostly for sunny days but when the rainny days are comming he's often in trouble
Not sure what is so alike between Kubica and Ayrton?
He's quick but Senna was super quick. Senna used to take Prost's settings at McLr. I don't believe that's the case in BMW team. He is very good with car setup that's for sure. But I don't think he has outright speed of Senna.

BTW. only reason why I watch F1 this season is Kubica
Old 03-23-2008 | 12:12 PM
ez996
Advanced

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Massa kills me.

Well that's..... Massa
He said it was possibly car problem since he hit the curb
Old 03-23-2008 | 02:09 PM
MM-Racing
Racer

Originally Posted by ez996
He's quick but Senna was super quick. Senna used to take Prost's settings at McLr. I don't believe that's the case in BMW team. He is very good with car setup that's for sure. But I don't think he has outright speed of Senna.

BTW. only reason why I watch F1 this season is Kubica

Senna and Kubica "are" not the men who drive but they born to race. If you meet the person like they you just already know it.
i.g. despit of the fact that Senna and Massa are Brazilians, Ayrton has more in common with Robert as a racer than Massa. . Rober is a fighter, without emotion in the car.
After the race He siad in the interview: The jurnalists asked Robert: what did you feel in the last 10 or 15 laps being on the supberb 2 position.
Robert: I was hoping for rain. Mayby it would cause possible to win the race.
He goes always to win, That's what I mean. No empotion, calcilation, passion and outstanding technique.

I m watching F1 before Ayrton's time. Robert is not average racer because polish racer do not came to F1 just like that
Old 03-23-2008 | 02:21 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Congratulation for Kimi And Kovalainen but Robert is Ayrton alike. He will be nr 1 soon...
Originally Posted by ez996
He's quick but Senna was super quick. Senna used to take Prost's settings at McLr. I don't believe that's the case in BMW team. He is very good with car setup :that's for sure. But I don't think he has outright speed of Senna...
Senna and Kubica "are" not the men who drive but they born to race. If you meet the person like they you just already know it.
i.g. despit of the fact that Senna and Massa are Brazilians, Ayrton has more in common with Robert as a racer than Massa. . Rober is a fighter, without emotion in the car.
After the race He siad in the interview: The jurnalists asked Robert: what did you feel in the last 10 or 15 laps being on the supberb 2 position.
Robert: I was hoping for rain. Mayby it would cause possible to win the race.
He goes always to win, That's what I mean. No empotion, calcilation, passion and outstanding technique.
*sigh* I let the first post go since you're Polish but too much is too much...

WHHHOOOAAAA MOTHER****ER!!!! *slap on the back of MM's head that makes him spill his drink*

IT'S SENNA YOUR TALKING HERE! YOUR *** WIPE KUBICA WAS IN DIAPERS WHEN GUYS LIKE SENNA WAS FIGHTING WITH CARS WITH NO SLAPPY PANEL GEARBOXES & WHATNOTS THAT MAKE LITTLE PUNKS LIFE SO EASY.

BACK THEN PEOPLE ACTUALLY DIED WHEN THEY HIT THE WALL SO SHOW SOME RESPECT, YOU HAVE A GUY DRIVING ONE OF THE BEST CAR IN THE FIELD FOR A YEAR OR SO AND YOU THINK HE'S SENNA NOW?!

GET THE **** OUTTA HERE! *another huge slap in the back of the head*
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2008 | 02:23 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

My apologies MM, Paulie Walnuts steps up every now and then and takes control of my laptop when he feel there's need to straighten things up...
(and I hope you have Sopranos in Poland)
Old 03-23-2008 | 04:07 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
WTF kind of wuzz answer was that? I thought you where Finnish?! That sounded more like the Finnish way of cuddling...

*good 'ol closed fist, a la Kimi, straight in the face - then wake up the day after and pretend nothing happened*
Old 03-23-2008 | 04:15 PM
MM-Racing
Racer

Flying Finn I suggest to take control of your live

In the past racers had less professional attitude to "job" than today: smoking, drinking and having party. Today racers and F1 has changed. Always there were advantages and disadvantages.
As for today F1. The car is more important than ever. M. Schumacher had great influance on building bolid, Alonso in Renault and Kubica as well. Thats result of their talent. Talent not only being driver but also the mechnick. Kuibica drives in this season better car because all 2007 new components were tested on him. Developing is a process and he has great influence on it in BMW team.
Old 03-23-2008 | 04:42 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Flying Finn I suggest to take control of your live
Finn is fine...but that Paulie guy goes over the top every now and then...
Old 03-23-2008 | 04:52 PM
ez996
Advanced

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
*sigh* I let the first post go since you're Polish but too much is too much...

WHHHOOOAAAA MOTHER****ER!!!! *slap on the back of MM's head that makes him spill his drink*

IT'S SENNA YOUR TALKING HERE! YOUR *** WIPE KUBICA WAS IN DIAPERS WHEN GUYS LIKE SENNA WAS FIGHTING WITH CARS WITH NO SLAPPY PANEL GEARBOXES & WHATNOTS THAT MAKE LITTLE PUNKS LIFE SO EASY.

BACK THEN PEOPLE ACTUALLY DIED WHEN THEY HIT THE WALL SO SHOW SOME RESPECT, YOU HAVE A GUY DRIVING ONE OF THE BEST CAR IN THE FIELD FOR A YEAR OR SO AND YOU THINK HE'S SENNA NOW?!

FF, no need to drop F... bombs,

I believe Kubica knows how to develop a car, he can very well interpret what car is doing and BMW on the other hand knows how to take that info and make it useful. Not every test dirver is a racer and not every racer is good test driver. For sure he can do both. The car is fast at the moment but remember this was not the case at first tests this year.
There have been a lot of changes done to this thing. Feedback of drivers is very important to give direction for teams to take.
To win in F1 takes all aspects of team to work at +100% we all know that.
BMW is very methodical at what they do from building street cars to going about their racing programs,it is all the same approach for them.

Hamilton would not win one race if it wasn't for a good car he had last year.
Kubica and Heidfield had to develop their car from nothing. It is BMW's only second chassis. McLr/Ferrari on the other hand can fall back on their experience.

Kubica and Hamilton go back many years. In 1998 Kubica beat him and many others to become first ever non Italian Karting Champion in that country. Italy is a mecca for Karting, the best chassis are coming out of Italy (TonyKart, CRG, Birel etc). And the biggest competition is there. Of course, he won many other races in his days before F1 entry. Actually he is known to be superb in street circuits, finished second in Macau twice in inferior cars ( very technical and you need skills to drive there). So Kubica is no slauch- you don't enter F1 unless you have talent or a lot of money. Fact is he had no money.

But we should not prematurely compare drivers, especially so early in their carriers.
Senna was in class of his own, so did Schummi for me. I look at them as both
truly great but different. That's all. Actually Senna was emotional in the car, Remember Monaco GP.. shoot... in the 80's, he crushed his McLr from a big lead! Went straight to his apartment, was so pissed off! That's another story. But I think those emotions gave him his speed. So it is not such a bad thing if you know how to control them.

As far as crushing go, Kubica had probaly one of the biggest crushes last year. I thought he was dead or will never race again. I don't believe any other driver in modern F1 car had crush of that magnitude. So he payed his dues in that respect (if you want to look at this that way). Did not die (thank God) but G-forces he experienced on his body are probably simular to others who were not so lucky
What I like about him he's not a cry baby.
So calling him *** WIPE is below belt. Maybe that is your style.

Time will tell where all new drivers fit in history of F1.

I want to sit back, get some beer and enjoy the season of racing.

Arek

Quick Reply: Malaysia F1 Race Thread