Sponsored by:

Looking for an enclosed trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:50 PM
cosmo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an enclosed trailer

Just got a track car, an 3 yr old Koni car w/ no windows so I'm looking for a nice enclosed trailer. What do you guys recommend. I think I want full roof height so I'm looking for something other than a trailex. I have an 8045 if anyone wants to talk trade. What length and options should I be looking for? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

What's your tow vehicle.

That will determine what you can tow.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^^ What he said.

I have a 36 foot gooseneck than I actually can deliver to the VA area since I have a trip planned there in the next month or so.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

My company has sold Pace American for 15 years.

Good company. Solid aftersales support and the best warranty administration by far of all the companies we deal with. Good product and good people.

You guys would like the owner ... he's one of us.
Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

The goose is a Pace and I wish I had the truck to pull it. It's one of the nicest quality trailers I've seen.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:25 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
The goose is a Pace and I wish I had the truck to pull it. It's one of the nicest quality trailers I've seen.
Serious question, what do you do with 36 ft ? Is that long enough for 2 cars, or just really comfortable for 1 with lots of cabinets and tire racks?....
Old 03-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Serious question, what do you do with 36 ft ? Is that long enough for 2 cars, or just really comfortable for 1 with lots of cabinets and tire racks?....
28' of bed.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Four formula cars and full trackside support if you're good at organization. The guys I run with just upped to a 48 foot that's the reason for sale. They now can bring 5 cars, 3 mopeds, 1 4 wheeler and way more stuff than I can imagine. Still a decent amount of room to add stuff.

If I were to run with the 36 I'd put a lift back in it so I could bring the FC and a smaller doorslammer if I wanted to bring 2 cars or have one car and lots of room for whatever else.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:15 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Pace does make great trailers. I almost bought a Daytona until I found out about Millenium trailers.
I ended up buying one like this...

http://www.milltrailers.com/sales/De...?ListingID=242
Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Featherlight and am happy with my choice. I think a 24' is about right for a single car for a guy who supports himself. The Featherlight does not need sway control and is available with heavy duty axles. I can't say enough good things about the trailer.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:53 AM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cosmo
Just got a track car, an 3 yr old Koni car w/ no windows so I'm looking for a nice enclosed trailer. What do you guys recommend. I think I want full roof height so I'm looking for something other than a trailex. I have an 8045 if anyone wants to talk trade. What length and options should I be looking for? Thanks.

I'm guessing that my suggestion of Hefty bags and duct tape didn't quite work out?????
Old 03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
joel-cs
Instructor

I have a Thule 24' and am very happy with it. Great value for the quality. If I were to do it over again, though, I would buy a used trailer that someone else had fully set up. Like a track car, much more economical than doing the build yourself...
Old 03-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

I have several race cars without windows (and one without windows, doors, roof or windshield), but on any given day, I might be using the open trailer or the enclosed trailer.

It's fairly easy to construct removable lexan or plexi "window inserts" that can be used purely as "towing windows". Added benefit - you don't have to set up a canopy if the weather is crappy and there are no garages available.

Go to friendly neighborhood hardware store. Ask for a couple pieces cut into squares slightly larger than you need for each window. Make cardboard template, or use a borrowed stock window to mark out a pattern on the plastic stock. Cut with slow-speed jig-saw or air body-saw. Add "tabs" & "stops" to keep your new plastic windows from falling "down" or "in", and some kind of lanyard or bungee-tie to keep them tensioned snugly to the frame when installed.

I've just saved you $10,000 to $50,000....depending on how much of a tow vehicle you'd need to buy with whatever enclosed trailer you'd have dragged home. Please forward check for 5% of that amount immediately. Once received, I'll feed you other money-saving gems on a similar commission-basis.

You're welcome.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Im in the same boat, could you post a picture or two? Thanks.....

Originally Posted by Professor Helmüt Tester
I have several race cars without windows (and one without windows, doors, roof or windshield), but on any given day, I might be using the open trailer or the enclosed trailer.

It's fairly easy to construct removable lexan or plexi "window inserts" that can be used purely as "towing windows". Added benefit - you don't have to set up a canopy if the weather is crappy and there are no garages available.

Go to friendly neighborhood hardware store. Ask for a couple pieces cut into squares slightly larger than you need for each window. Make cardboard template, or use a borrowed stock window to mark out a pattern on the plastic stock. Cut with slow-speed jig-saw or air body-saw. Add "tabs" & "stops" to keep your new plastic windows from falling "down" or "in", and some kind of lanyard or bungee-tie to keep them tensioned snugly to the frame when installed.

I've just saved you $10,000 to $50,000....depending on how much of a tow vehicle you'd need to buy with whatever enclosed trailer you'd have dragged home. Please forward check for 5% of that amount immediately. Once received, I'll feed you other money-saving gems on a similar commission-basis.

You're welcome.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:41 PM
cosmo
Instructor

Default trailer

great ideas and comments, keep them coming
thanks

Quick Reply: Looking for an enclosed trailer