Sponsored by:

LSR & HCR PCA Club Race & DE March 14, 15, & 16 -- Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Waco Kid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Weston Dillard
IMO, that's pretty harsh throwing that label on Bill if all you have to back it up is that video. It was an agressive move to let the car drift out before T2, but he left Brad room to race, and that's co-existance. He doesn't have to make it easy for Brad just because Brad had a better run into 2.

Watch the red car in your mirror the first time you come through 6 and ask yourself if he may be saying the same thing about you.

I'd call both situations hard, clean racing. Your opinions may vary.

West
I was hoping he was going to make it easy for me.
I watched the video a couple of times and it was a good move on his part. It broke my momentum and gave Jeff an opportunity to have a go at me as well. I spoke with Bill after the race and he said he'd seen me make that move in a prior race so he was expecting it.

Great race weekend. Its Thursday and I'm still smiling. For the group I was with, the racing was close but clean and at the end of the weekend I was able to put my street tires on and drive my car home in one piece.

Brad
Old 03-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Weston Dillard
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm truly envious of the amount of great racing you guys have in that group! If it wouldn’t require selling my car + another $10K to get into it, I’d seriously consider getting in there. I’m interested to see how the Spec Boxster thing shakes out as far as where they run, and how much the ongoing expenses are. I’m glad to see "JJ" and Steve diving in.

West
Old 03-20-2008, 11:53 AM
SWA911
Instructor

OK.

First I must offer an apology to Bill Tutt. I am sorry I called you a Blocker and have edited my previous post. After further review of my tapes and discussion I guess he was just holding his line. If I had a few more laps available to me I could have eventually gotten around him cleanly. He just didnt' make it as easy in Sprint 4 as it was in the previous races. I had consistently faster times in all the previous sessions and after looking at all the races that was the only time Bill was in front of me. All I know is that for the entire time of sprint 4 Bill was the leader of a 5-6 car train and was driving a hard DE line.

As a rookie I made it a point after every session and race to go find the folks I had been running with and see if they had any problem with me. Over all I got very positive responses. After sprint 4 the Black 944 E car didn't specifically have a problem with me but said "you 911's are way too agressive in the corners" and left it at that. I could tell he wasn't too pleased.

As far as the red car goes. Yes, I saw one or two times I may have dropped in on him. It was not on purpose. I hate to use my rookie status as a crutch but yes, it was a rookie screw up. I did my absolute best over the weekend to give plenty of room to everyone around me even if it meant they got an easy pass on me. My goal was to complete the requirements for my CR liscense, not to go ***** out trying to prove something.

Brad it was great racing with you. I never once felt uncomfortable around you . Same could be said for David Gross and Dick Scariano(sp?). The 944's make me nervous. The early braking and fishtailing in the corners made me want to get far, far away from them.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,589 Likes on 830 Posts

Originally Posted by SWA911
OK.

"you 911's are way too agressive in the corners"

fishtailing in the corners
Both of these sound like West & me at any given PCA DE!
Old 03-20-2008, 02:12 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SWA911
Here is video from Sprint 4. A little bit more action in this one. Features Brad Boyd and Bill Tutt along with numerous screw-ups from yours truly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y73N9uyShtI
Looks like the white 911 came off the brakes earlier to take the turn in the brake zone...I'm guessing he drifted out wide while trying to gather the car back up. Thats what it looks like to me anyways.

Trust me, you will know when someone is really trying to blocking you. And yes it happens in PCA too.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Weston Dillard
Racer

SWA,

Don't be hard on yourself for the rookie mistakes. There is a lot to learn. As far as rookie screw-ups, they happen to veterans too. I did the exact same thing that you did to the red car, to WallyR last weekend. Totally unintentional. I got blocked by a slower car and didn't think the guy behind (Wally) had time to dive in beside me, but I was wrong. If he wouldn't have seen it coming and avoided, I would have probably clipped him. It's nice to know that the guys around you have their head in the game, because we all make mistakes sometimes.

West
Old 03-21-2008, 11:23 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Default OUR RACE PICS

sorry for so many but I thought you would like to see more
Attached Images           
Old 03-21-2008, 11:29 AM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
sorry for so many but I thought you would like to see more
Can you post a bigger one of these - or email it to me I'll PM my email.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 03-22-2008, 02:42 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A few hi-res videos of blue group qualifying - caught every car going thru turn 9, down the hill, into and out of the carousel

http://www.vimeo.com/810816

http://www.vimeo.com/811410

Last edited by ervtx; 03-22-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:22 AM
amondc
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah if you want to see blocking I will post some video of me on old worn out Yoks following West around...man he knows how to block!!(Just kidding West)
Old 03-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Weston Dillard
Racer

I must not be doing it very well, Chris passed me about 6 times last weekend!

West
Old 03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Jess
Instructor

E Russel,

Thanks for the for the video! I love to see how badly my car handles.

Jess
Yellow 101
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jess
E Russel,

Thanks for the for the video! I love to see how badly my car handles.

Jess
Yellow 101
Yeah, I assume that you lost some exit speed coming out of the carousel, but it sure made for some classic 3-wheeling photography!

Quick Reply: LSR & HCR PCA Club Race & DE March 14, 15, & 16 -- Roll Call