Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has a lift in their garage?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My turn. Just installed my scissor lift for helping me take care of my DE/race car. Love it. Here are a few pics. Don't look at my messy garage. Installed and took some pics.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:49 AM
mts
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
. It would be cool if I could get a failure model run on it. With a 2200# car on it there is about 1/8 deflection in the tubing on the rear of the car and less in the front. The give is not much more with my 4800# PU truck on it and there is 100% spring back. When the car is on the lift in normal mode the posts deflect inward some and I bet if I had a cross bar lift the tube deflection would be far less. I think increased load cap could come from thicker wall tubing, round and box, and perhaps gussets where the tubes meet the end plates. I might add some plate in the wheel holes later if the tires get deformed from storage. I do not want to if this is not needed as the car has little chance of rolling off the device as built.

Full head bolts were used. They are counter sunk in the box tube via a close fit hex hole the size of the head in the bottom of the box tube and a close fit hole for the bolt shaft to protrude out of the top of the box tube. The bolts shoulder in the box tube, are welded to the box tube in 2 places (shaft and head) welded to the 1/4 inch angle plate across the bolt head and to the 1/4 top plate.
I'm having a failure analysis done on an aluminum design that's somewhat similar to yours. I hope to know the results and have a working model in the next few weeks.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:21 PM
SDCLTD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Questions:
1. Who makes this lift?
2. Can you share the price?
3. What is the clearance when fully retracted?
4. Did you require 'Race Ramps' in order to obtain the clearance to drive the Porsche over it?

I have 3.5" Clearance @ the Front Jack Point & 3.75" Clearance @ the Rear Jack Point. Wondering if I need the Race Ramps to allow for additional clearance.

If you choose not to openly post, please send to JSeitz@SDCPartners.com

Thanks very much!

Quick Reply: Who has a lift in their garage?