Sponsored by:

Aria GP-5W Helmet Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:45 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the exact same issue - mine is only 1.5 years as well. Custom painted helmet and radio so I dont want to replace.

Anyone know who can fix?

Thanks,
Norm
Old 01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ngoldrich
I have the exact same issue - mine is only 1.5 years as well. Custom painted helmet and radio so I dont want to replace.

Anyone know who can fix?

Thanks,
Norm
I bet arai can replace just the liner...
Old 01-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Barfly
Racer

Same exact problem fellas. Bought mine in 2006 and the liner was destroyed in less than 6 months. I will contact Arai directly.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:33 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

pyruvate - if you get some good contact info for repair pls let us know.

Thanks,
Norm
Old 01-17-2008, 03:49 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I registered at the Arai webite and posted a help desk ticket. They replied today and said that I could ship to it their PA facility for repairs under warranty. From that reply:

"Please note that the entire tech team will begin traveling for the new race season the second week of Feb. and back in the third week of March so they are not guaranteeing the helmet to be worked on if recieved after the first week of Feb"

FYI...
-B
Old 01-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Barfly
Racer

Originally Posted by ngoldrich
pyruvate - if you get some good contact info for repair pls let us know.

Thanks,
Norm
I just registered at the Arai website, registered the helmet using the serial number, and created a help ticket.

Hopefully, I will get it taken care of soon.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Barfly
Racer

By the way, thanks for posting this issue. I thought it was just my nappy head that caused it. jk
Old 01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

They replaced my fabric last spring and after a full season there is no sign of wear. CDOC handled it for me.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:35 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts
Default Aria GP-5W Fixed!

Well, good news to report. I already got my helmet back from Aria and it looks brand new. Aria customer service was great and I am happy with the result. So, if you have an Aria helmet that needs to be fixed get it to them ASAP because the whole tech team will not be available from February to March. The service I recieved from Aria was super.

My only disappointment is I did not directly contact Aria when I started seeing the ripping of the lining. I made the mistake of contacting the vendor NorthStarMotorSports to fix the problem. They were horrible and offered only lip service, and problems. To make matters worse they told me that contacted the Aria "Representative" and Aria said that the damage must have been my fault. My guess is they never contacted Aria. To add insult to injury NorthStarMotorSports said the damage was probably because of my beard. I don't know how they came up with this conslusion because I never had a beard, and they saw or meet me. I you can bet I will never purchase anything from NorthStarMotorSports.

Here is the helmet after Aria did the repairs.
Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Barfly
Racer

Looks good. Arai has given me a return authorization and said they will be busy between February and April, but they will try and get it done ASAP. Luckily, I have a second helmet.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rodneyr
Well, good news to report. I already got my helmet back from Aria and it looks brand new. Aria customer service was great and I am happy with the result. So, if you have an Aria helmet that needs to be fixed get it to them ASAP because the whole tech team will not be available from February to March. The service I recieved from Aria was super.

My only disappointment is I did not directly contact Aria when I started seeing the ripping of the lining. I made the mistake of contacting the vendor NorthStarMotorSports to fix the problem. They were horrible and offered only lip service, and problems. To make matters worse they told me that contacted the Aria "Representative" and Aria said that the damage must have been my fault. My guess is they never contacted Aria. To add insult to injury NorthStarMotorSports said the damage was probably because of my beard. I don't know how they came up with this conslusion because I never had a beard, and they saw or meet me. I you can bet I will never purchase anything from NorthStarMotorSports.

Here is the helmet after Aria did the repairs.

Be careful posting this stuff. There is a Northstar Motorsports in Illinois as well. When this happened to my Arai, they took it back, no questions asked, and I got it back yesterday. They even shipped back the other helmet that I brought in for comparison and left there by accident. The Illinois Northstar has shown me nothing but excellent service - seems different than your experience out East.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:08 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

SterlingDoc thanks for clarifying as I purchased mine at Northstar Motorsport in Ill as well.

Mine is painted and has radio & hans so I guess I will just do it directly with Arai...

Thanks,
Norm
Old 01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
catchacab
Instructor

I thought that I was the only one with this problem

Quick Reply: Aria GP-5W Helmet Issue