Sponsored by:

LSRPCA DE February 9-10

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:18 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

How did you guys get a private run session? There was hardly a sole on the track. Or couldn't you catch any of us?

Seriously, was that the last run on Sunday? Every one of my out-of-focus videos I checked had multiple passes on each lap. I never got a single unobstructed lap.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:45 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mglobe, you have a pm.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Did no one get a picture of the Manor Ho sign???

Here ya go Boze_man... from Sunday's lead-follow. That was a blast! Thanks for playing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su9IVSwGhyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c1nZS23118

It was also nice to watch our lines into T15 after we both got the same instruction on that lower entry. I think it definitely helped us carry speed from the straight over a lot more track.

Steve, thanks for the ECR CD! I hope to return the favor...
Old 02-12-2008, 09:53 AM
SWA911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
How did you guys get a private run session? There was hardly a sole on the track. Or couldn't you catch any of us?

Seriously, was that the last run on Sunday? Every one of my out-of-focus videos I checked had multiple passes on each lap. I never got a single unobstructed lap.

We were the first ones out. That video was from the first Yellow session on Sunday.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:38 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Well at least you didn't catch me before the end of the video. What class do those cars run in? Are they the equivalent of the old F class? I want one!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...What class do those cars run in? Are they the equivalent of the old F class? I want one!
I dunno, Mike. No computer to drive the car...
Old 02-12-2008, 03:44 PM
boze_man
Pro

Originally Posted by TR6
I figured it would be a white russian....

DUDE
This is quite a pad you got here,
man. Completely unspoiled.

TREEHORN
What's your drink, Dude?

DUDE
White Russian, thanks.

actually it is called a 'caucasian'...
Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM
boze_man
Pro

Originally Posted by ervtx
Did no one get a picture of the Manor Ho sign???
would be a shame to not have a pic of da' ho

russell...thanks for the video, good playin out there with ya...now i need to get a camera to return the favor...

boy the video really helps...i can see where i miss apex a couple turns esp 6...and maybe displace 3 a little and 7 and ...

would be good to get some robert plant feedback on the video...hey VR?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

What, you think they are gonna fix da 'ho sign anytime soon? Duh!! You'll have plenty o time to get a pic of da 'ho. Like, years I bet!!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:21 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrienne
What, you think they are gonna fix da 'ho sign anytime soon? Duh!! You'll have plenty o time to get a pic of da 'ho. Like, years I bet!!
If vacuum cleaners were used to fix signs, then you're probably right!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:25 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boze_man
would be a shame to not have a pic of da' ho

russell...thanks for the video, good playin out there with ya...now i need to get a camera to return the favor...

boy the video really helps...i can see where i miss apex a couple turns esp 6...and maybe displace 3 a little and 7 and ...

would be good to get some robert plant feedback on the video...hey VR?
Video quality sucks. First cut got rejected due to size, and I did a quick and dirty fix on it. I'll post a better one soon.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:49 PM
SWA911
Instructor

Well at least you didn't catch me before the end of the video. What class do those cars run in? Are they the equivalent of the old F class? I want one!

They are the old F and G class cars. 2008 rules make them D and E cars.

714 & 779 are E cars used to be F
737,767, and 735 are D cars and used to be G

Give us a call at Buckley Racing.....We would love to build you a car.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:02 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervtx
Video quality sucks. First cut got rejected due to size, and I did a quick and dirty fix on it. I'll post a better one soon.
Russell,

Try out www.vimeo.com You can upload HD videos, & they allow you 500mbytes per week. You will bet a much better quality video compared to whatever it is youtube does to the video files.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,656 Likes on 854 Posts

Jeff, here are a couple of suggestions:

-T1 & main straight: begin straightening steering way sooner (and gradually) in 1 so that you roll up onto the banking sooner; this releases the tension in the car, and gives you a much faster launch down the straight; then, allow the car to come maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up the banking before beinging it all the way down to the apron; at start/finish, begin letting it climb again towarss the fencing; this makes a straight line out of the main straightaway (which is cirved) and allows you to drive way fewer feet

-T15: you are letting your car get too close to the left side grass too soon; you don't need to make the entry that wide (do thatin a rac,e and you lose 3 places); also, you are missing the apex by at least a foot

-T14/T13: instead of swinging the wheel left then immediately right, let it straighten for the barest instant before going right into 13; it will be MUCH mor estable, allowing you to use a lot more throttle sooner, giving you MPH all the way to 11

-T11: you are turning in too late; turn in sooner, get closer to a relatively early apex, and thread the needle between it & the T10 curb

-T10: if you do 11 as I said above, you will end up apexing 10 twice; after the first one, your wheel should be straight (rather than turned as it is on the video), allowing you a short straight gas-then-brake zone before turning into 10 & apexing the 2nd time (you did better in 10 the 2nd lap)

-T8: you are apexing slightly too early; the apex is where the black patching ends on the right side

-T6: you need to apex earlier & right down on the apex; the actual apex is the same as going CCW--the 3' long x 6" wide missing top layer chunk of asphalt (look for it your next warm up lap)

-T3: begin unwinding steering lock sooner, and take more time bringing the car to the left for T2; also, after you go over the hump approaching 3, swing your car a bit right as the track widens, then turn in to the left for 3--this widens the radius of the turn, meaning less steering input & more power
Old 02-12-2008, 10:33 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave, great input that will be invaluable to all of us.

Unrelated, here's some shots that I took from atop the grandstands as a group of us were observing the red run group's multitude of lines through 15, 14, 13. It was really cool to see that perspective. I haven't seen that since I was a kid actually attending races there and sitting in the grandstands.
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: LSRPCA DE February 9-10