Sponsored by:

Silly Season in Formula 1 keeps going strong

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007 | 11:25 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Silly Season in Formula 1 keeps going strong

The F1 circus has not stopped with their silly season. All hell has broken out today in terms of topics in the off season:

1. Coulthard blames Toro Rosso for Alonso Rumors.

2. Ralf Schumacher wants the McLaren seat vacated by Alonso.

3. Pinquet believes his son should beat Alonso if they are paired together.

And a couple bonus stories for our man in the black hat, A. Wayne to digest:

The Doctor, Valentino Rossi impressed with Michael Schumacher's MotoGP test and Michael Schumacher wins Massa's kart race. Just keeping it real.

www.f1racing.net
Old 11-26-2007 | 12:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I'm most interested in the article showing schumacher to be more than a second slower than Massa at the end of his last test , where is that one Pete or is your mouth still full....
Old 11-26-2007 | 12:18 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Tick, tock. The clock keeps moving and Alonso still doesn't have a seat.

Will he find one before the music stops?
Old 11-26-2007 | 12:21 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Its more like its Alonso' decision to make.
He is holding tight to see what comes of the Renault spy scandal. If Renault was found guilty and fined $100 mil, I doubt they would remain in F1. It makes sense for Alonso to wait and see what happens.
Also, its looking more and more likely that the rumors of him joining Ferrari for 2009 are true. He wants a 1 yr deal from every team.
Raj
Old 11-26-2007 | 12:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Alonso can take a year off, hang out with that other unemployable 7 wdc , ride harley's , horse's etc, at his american ranch. A 1 year layoff will not hurt much , in preparations for ferrari next year ....
Old 11-26-2007 | 12:50 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Alonso can take a year off, hang out with that other unemployable 7 wdc , ride harley's , horse's etc, at his american ranch. A 1 year layoff will not hurt much , in preparations for ferrari next year ....
You convince yourself of whatever you want there Wayne. One year is a long time in F1. Alonso, false double F1 WC by rules and other's misfortune is persona non grata in Formula 1.
Old 11-26-2007 | 12:50 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Rumours re: Alonso's Ferrari deal for 2009 are BS.

Besides, if Ferrari wanted Alonso why would they wait until 2009 since nothing is different regarding Ferrari's contracts between 2008 & 2009?
Old 11-26-2007 | 01:00 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

Besides, if Ferrari wanted Alonso why would they wait until 2009 since nothing is different regarding Ferrari's contracts between 2008 & 2009?
I agree Finn. Kimi's won a WC. He's the favorite coming into 2008 why in the world would F hire Alonso? I don't believe when Kimi says he's not in F1 for the long haul. Being a WC is a great thing, the money is generational and he's treated well at Ferrari. Besides, Ferrari does not have a tradition of having two #1s. Kimi is the #1, Massa his wingman, period. Monti hand picked Kimi. Kimi stays if he wants to.
Old 11-26-2007 | 01:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
You convince yourself of whatever you want there Wayne. One year is a long time in F1. Alonso, false double F1 WC by rules and other's misfortune is persona non grata in Formula 1.
Ohh now a false wdc, so far, You have Kimi as a false WDC, and now Alonso a False 2 WDC , i guess we should continue ,what about that fired false 7 WDC Schumacher, Hmmm you might be on to something here Pete........
Old 11-26-2007 | 01:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

Something to do with a little contract paragraph, "no works team for 08" might have something to do with it ...Finn.
Old 11-26-2007 | 01:25 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ohh now a false wdc, so far, You have Kimi as a false WDC, and now Alonso a False 2 WDC , i guess we should continue ,what about that fired false 7 WDC Schumacher, Hmmm you might be on to something here Pete........
Never said Kimi was a false WC. You should probably get your nose out of Alonso's a$$ long enough to read properly. BTW, Happy Holidays
Old 11-26-2007 | 01:39 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Something to do with a little contract paragraph, "no works team for 08" might have something to do with it ...Finn.
I know about that rumour too but there's no such paragraph in there.

"Fernando will no longer be with McLaren,” Alonso’s manager Luis Garcia Abad is quoted as telling Diario As. He added: “I can confirm that. He is free to join any other team next season.”
Old 11-26-2007 | 03:56 PM
Geo
Race Director

What I find very interesting is some BS being said by the Spanish FIA VP:

"I cannot say anything about this matter," Gracia said. "The only thing is that this sort of thing has always happened in Formula One. I don't know whether you can call it espionage or not."

"It used to be called exchanging documents and now it is spying, but historically it has always existed in the sport," he added.
So what is this BS? Is it espionage or not? That is my question and always has been. Or is it only espionage when a McLaren employee has Ferrari documents.

I'm not exactly a rabid McLaren fan or Ron Dennis fan for that matter. I just think they got screwed this year because the Prancing ****** whined so damned much. I think (as I have said all along) that this sort of thing has always happened. Furthermore, there is ZERO evidence that the Ferrari documents were shared around the McLaren facilities, yet the McLaren documents have been freely shared at the Renault facilities and they have even admitted it. If Renault is not punished greatly, then F1 is pure and total BS. Personally I expect that Renault will barely get a slap on the hand and that F1 is total BS. Bernie and Max have to go.

In the end, Bernie and Max will want Alonso at Renault so Renault won't be punished.

I think the most interesting question this off-season is who will fill the remaining seat at McLaren? It damned sure isn't going to be Ralf. He has always sucked and not only does Ron know it, but so does Norbert. So, wild speculation aside, who do you think will fill the open seat at Big Mac?
Old 11-26-2007 | 04:05 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Is that why Michael Schumacher just ran fastest in Jerez tests and won the Karting event in Brazil. Either you have it, either you don't. Michael and Alonso are people that will not lose much in a yr.
Raj
Old 11-26-2007 | 04:09 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

I think in the end it will be Heikki going to Macca and Fred going to Renault along with Nelson Piquet jr as his wing man.
I would love to see Alonso join someone like Honda, now that they have signed Ross Brawn. It would take a few yrs though and I don't think Alonso wants to wait that long.
Raj

Quick Reply: Silly Season in Formula 1 keeps going strong