Sponsored by:

Infineon Track Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mark kibort
How did you do in the race. the video was a little alone, but still very watchable!I would think that the 1:41 would put you in the top 10 at least in that tough POC or PRC crowd and alll those pesky cup cars!

Mark
Sorry you asked about the race--it still hurts to discuss. Won on Sat (GT2). Qualified 1st on Sunday and then led GT2 in the race until turn #10 of the final lap where I got hung up lapping Todd (Nostatic) and another guy Todd was racing against (Mike?). My arch nemesis/competitor in GT2 passed me on the inside and we crossed start/finish 1/10 sec. apart. That 1/10 sec. meant BIG ramifications for the Championship --I'm now down 8 pts. and have to win both upcoming races at Willow in a couple weeks in order to win the Cship. Had I won on Sunday, the reverse would have been true and my competitor would have had to win both the upcoming races for the Championship. Oh well, the fat lady hasn't sung yet!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 62 Posts

I hear you! That's the same that happened to me with the SCCA ITE Champtionship. 5 cars all mathematically in it, the one car i needed to beat both races to win. It came down to a 2 point situation that is still being argued. SCCA tosses out a race of the 13 we run , and now they are saying toss out a weekend lowest point total, which could be 2 races tied together. The Vet and i both have one bad finish due to mechanical, mine on a double race weekend, his on a single. (but i have more 1sts and higher finishes all year long. He might win by 2 points if they stick by the rules even though i have 304 points to 294 points. In this regard, the POC point system is much better!

So, great drive, and best of luck at willow springs!

Mk

Originally Posted by Johninrsf
Sorry you asked about the race--it still hurts to discuss. Won on Sat (GT2). Qualified 1st on Sunday and then led GT2 in the race until turn #10 of the final lap where I got hung up lapping Todd (Nostatic) and another guy Todd was racing against (Mike?). My arch nemesis/competitor in GT2 passed me on the inside and we crossed start/finish 1/10 sec. apart. That 1/10 sec. meant BIG ramifications for the Championship --I'm now down 8 pts. and have to win both upcoming races at Willow in a couple weeks in order to win the Cship. Had I won on Sunday, the reverse would have been true and my competitor would have had to win both the upcoming races for the Championship. Oh well, the fat lady hasn't sung yet!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:42 PM
DarinB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sean. I think that is probably it. We'll see what it's like when the efi gets installed.
Darin
Old 11-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Johninrsf
Racer

. In this regard, the POC point system is much better!
So, great drive, and best of luck at willow springs!
Mk
Why do you think the POC system is better? (BTW, we/POC throw out 4 races towards the total that counts for the Championship--which worked well for me due to mechancal issues all year).
Old 11-15-2007, 01:02 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

4 races? wow, that kind of rules out the major mechical factors

SCCA is really unfair in a close season. Think about this. they toss one event out. an event can be one weekend with one race or two separate events over one weekend, (two separate races) OR, (get this) one even weekend can have 2 races tied together withone event number! What this means is that someone that wins every single race, but breaks down in one race as part of a double race, single event weekend, will loose the championship if the other close competitor that was 2nd in each of those races, breaks down in a single event weekend, not a dual race, single event weekend. ALL the races count for equal points, but if you are going to have a bad race, it better happen on a single weekend, otherwise you get really hosed!
It is kind of a crazy system, and i wonder why this wasnt noticed over SCCA's extensive racing past. heck, why not just toss 2 races, or 4 races like POC does?

mk

Why do you think the POC system is better? (BTW, we/POC throw out 4 races towards the total that counts for the Championship--which worked well for me due to mechancal issues all year).
Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Johninrsf
Racer

What this means is that someone that wins every single race, but breaks down in one race as part of a double race, single event weekend, will loose the championship if the other close competitor that was 2nd in each of those races, breaks down in a single event weekend, not a dual race, single event weekend. ALL the races count for equal points, but if you are going to have a bad race, it better happen on a single weekend, otherwise you get really hosed!
It is kind of a crazy system, and i wonder why this wasnt noticed over SCCA's extensive racing past. heck, why not just toss 2 races, or 4 races like POC does?
mk
Agreed, that makes no sense at all. Sorry you have to deal with that!!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Thanks. the frustrating thing, is in our second to last race, the vet was gridded incorrectly (up one spot to where he should have been, as in , behind me ) , so during the start, the porsche dogged turn 1, so the vet on the outside sprinted ahead, where if he was gridded properly behind me, that would have never happened. he was .5 seconds slower a lap during the race too. I didnt protest, because i thought i had a 10 point championship point lead, tossing out my lowest season race point total. THEN, the reality of this happed after the season ended. i lost by 2 points as they tossed a full point weekend race out, and not the botched race of a double race, single event, weekend.

At least its not a $million issue like if we were pros! so , his trophy will be a little bigger than mine. i guess size isnt everything, right?????

mk

Agreed, that makes no sense at all. Sorry you have to deal with that!!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Johninrsf
Racer

Thanks. the frustrating thing, is in our second to last race, the vet was gridded incorrectly (up one spot to where he should have been, as in , behind me ) , so during the start, the porsche dogged turn 1, so the vet on the outside sprinted ahead, where if he was gridded properly behind me, that would have never happened. he was .5 seconds slower a lap during the race too. I didnt protest, because i thought i had a 10 point championship point lead, tossing out my lowest season race point total. THEN, the reality of this happed after the season ended. i lost by 2 points as they tossed a full point weekend race out, and not the botched race of a double race, single event, weekend.

At least its not a $million issue like if we were pros! so , his trophy will be a little bigger than mine. i guess size isnt everything, right?????

mk

Man you got me cryin' and laffin' at the same time (but mostly cryin'). That's a terrible tale and I feel your pain. Come to some POC events!!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I do miss POC, but they make me run with 300lbs extra weight to run in R5, so my same hp to weight ratio can compete with Roush, alarcon, and a couple of others that weight 1000lbs less! (POC has a great point system except for the fact that they dont understand weight helps braking and cornering too So, the 928 doesnt get classed very fairly, until you put a stroker in it like Anderson and Fan and put down 500rwhp for GT2!

I will do some POC/PRC events next year, so ill look for the bumble bee rocket!

MK

Man you got me cryin' and laffin' at the same time (but mostly cryin'). That's a terrible tale and I feel your pain. Come to some POC events!!

Quick Reply: Infineon Track Video