Sponsored by:

Lime Rock Park Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lime Rock Park Update

Does anyone have a update on the status of Lime Rock becoming a private club and cutting PCA DE programs? Anything heard from New England regions about this?
Thanks
Rick
Old 11-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

All previous informtation is still in good standing. As of a few weeks ago, they have said that they have 58 members signed up and are on target for 100 by year end. It appears that there is 1 fully paid membership and 57 deposits, but that has not been said by the track, but from those close to the track.

PCA has asked for a decision by December so we'll see what happens.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:07 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
PCA has asked for a decision by December so we'll see what happens.

Who is "PCA", National? Or a particular region?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Specifically a member of CVR PCA who is somewhat acting on behalf of all of the PCA Regions that rent the track. I say somewhat because I'm not sure that evey Region has agreed to representation. Lime Rock has requested one PCA representative and CVR and Zone 1 has suggested this person.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Lime Rock has requested one PCA representative
Interesting, thanks!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:47 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

They've changed their process recently in an effort to stimulate more interest. They now have a "guest pass" where you pay $500 for a track day, which is applied to the membership. With that $500 you get to drive on the track, meet Skip, hear about the plans, and take home the documentation for review. The dates are late November into mid December
Old 11-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
They've changed their process recently in an effort to stimulate more interest. They now have a "guest pass" where you pay $500 for a track day, which is applied to the membership. With that $500 you get to drive on the track, meet Skip, hear about the plans, and take home the documentation for review. The dates are late November into mid December
What a deal...

Trending Topics

Old 11-11-2007, 06:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you serious or are you just joking around?
Old 11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will also help the the President of PCA lives in CT. and I am sure PCA will be in constant contact with LRP officals. I hope we don't lose it as I LOVE LRP and it would be a sad day to lose it.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Their marketing guy (located in Atlanta I believe) sent a note to the PCA regions (and other car clubs I assume) asking if there was any members interested in the Lime Rock club. They mentioned about the privat track day for $500, I concur with what Ron mentioned.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Z-man
Race Director

I read a blurb in Road and Track about them actually re-paving the track -- no time frame mentioned though...

In that same clip, they said they are planning on redesigning the downhill since it is taken flat out by many cars these days... (I say leave the track design as it has been.)

-Z-man.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:10 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Are you serious or are you just joking around?
Serious. They will not provide any documentation until you send a $500 deposit, which is refundable if you don't go ahead. Out of principal, I would never do that - you want me to consider buying something, provide the information up front. When I was approached again last week, it was with the news that there's a new way to check out the club and get the documents. $500 for a "guest track day", credited toward the $100k.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been getting more direct mail from them than American Express which is saying a lot.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Serious. They will not provide any documentation until you send a $500 deposit, which is refundable if you don't go ahead. Out of principal, I would never do that - you want me to consider buying something, provide the information up front. When I was approached again last week, it was with the news that there's a new way to check out the club and get the documents. $500 for a "guest track day", credited toward the $100k.
Wow, that seems very odd. $500 for a track day? How many laps/cars?

I'm guessing LRP is a golf course/country club in 5 years.....Skip has jumped the shark
Old 11-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Todsimpson
Racer

In that same clip, they said they are planning on redesigning the downhill since it is taken flat out by many cars these days...
I'm gonna bet that's for safety. The downhill has eaten a lot of cars over the years.

The esses at the Glen are taken flat out too, no one says those should be redesigned.

Quick Reply: Lime Rock Park Update