Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Britney did it again.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Stacey@ogracing.com
to: LV Dell, thanks for you PM and I am very sorry to have come across to you and maybe others as being dishonest, stupid maybe, but never dishonest.
You didn't come across that way. The reason for my PM to you was to let you know about the tone that the thread was taking and to know that poeple are under the assumption that the ADMIN is closing threads without notice or consent.

As Chris has alluded and I said in my PM to you, I (we) have the greatest of respect for the OG people. Many of us have spent alot of $$$ with OG and never had anything but great service.

Chris, you can come down off your soapbox now The point on wanting to know why people wanted to know why the thread was closed and by whom was due mostly in part to the new "management" and hoping it didn't take a turn for the worse around here. Censorship anyone???
Old 11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
That is pretty unfair. Why do you think that 'management' closed this thread?
If it is such a big deal, did anyone report it so that 'management' would even be aware of the question. "Management' does not read each and every post in each and every thread on each and every forum.
Well whom then Mark? Stacy made it quite clear that it wasn't her so are there any other possibilities?....
Old 11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Chris, you can come down off your soapbox now The point on wanting to know why people wanted to know why the thread was closed and by whom was due mostly in part to the new "management" and hoping it didn't take a turn for the worse around here. Censorship anyone???
C'mon Dell, don't be so conciliatory. Get that famous righteous indignation fired up and make me chuckle on a dreary Wednesday afternoon by opening up both barrels of the bile cannon!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:00 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Well whom then Mark? Stacy made it quite clear that it wasn't her so are there any other possibilities?....
I have no clue who closed it. I am not a moderator of this forum.

Like I asked - Did you report the post to a moderator for this board? Every post has a button to do so, or you can click on the moderator name at the bottom of the screen to PM them. Unless you make a moderator (of this forum) aware of an issue, it isn't necessarily going to get attention.

Besides, it appears that it was accidentally closed and has been re-opened. So much for all the outrage over censorship and new management.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm glad I saved my outrage for something else....but I'm still looking!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Besides, it appears that it was accidentally closed and has been re-opened. So much for all the outrage over censorship and new management.
Actually I think it was the "outrage over censorship" that was responsible for the "accidentially closed" thread being reopened....
Old 11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BOO!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the highest respect for Stacey and OG Racing, both as a company and as a site sponsor.

To try to quash the fears of "new management" censoring threads I pointed out that it was the original poster who closed the thread. I did not think that it was right of me to try to hazard a guess as to why it was closed -- it turns out it was a simple and honest mistake.

I hope that the next time all the conspiracy theorists give everyone (IB, Admin, Mods, and Sponsors) the benefit of the doubt before coughing up their own hair-brained explanations.

Marc

Last edited by Marc Shaw; 11-07-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
I have the highest respect for Stacey and OG Racing, both as a company and as a site sponsor.

To try to quash the fears of "new management" censoring threads I pointed out that it was the original poster who closed the thread. I did not think that it was right of me to try to hazard a guess as to why it was closed -- it turns out it was a simple and honest mistake.

I hope that the next time all the conspiracy theorists give everyone (IB, Admin, Mods, and Sponsors) the benefit of the doubt before coughing up their own hair-brained explanations.

Marc
Thanks Marc.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:36 PM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to admit I was the first one to post the possibility of it being the new management. I actually meant it tongue in cheek. I should have anticipated the usual "Off on a wild *** tangent". My apologies.

But you other jokers out there sure jumped on the conspiracy bandwagon didn't you?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:26 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
C'mon Dell, don't be so conciliatory. Get that famous righteous indignation fired up and make me chuckle on a dreary Wednesday afternoon by opening up both barrels of the bile cannon!
It's tough Todd. My brain just doesn't function well lately from lack of sleep. Besides, Chris is a good friend.

I feel as though my cognitive faculties have got up and risen against me. I have a new found respect for all the parents on this board as well as my own. I have to admit, when we had lunch in Georgetown with you and your lovely family, all I could tell my wife was, WOW!!! Todd and his wife are great at this and I only hope we can have half the patience you showed.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:44 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

The best part about parenting is that you really have no choice but to succeed. In addition to my wife, my kids are the very best thing in my life.

They always surprise you.

My four-year-old is always saying "Daddy, come here, I need to tell you a secret." So I lean over, at which point she typically whispers "I love you!"

Well, earlier in the week she calls me over and says "Daddy, I really need to tell you a secret." So, very happy at the thought that Sofia is going to tell me that she loves me, I lean over, at which point she says "I am going to marry Andersson," who is one of her four-year old classmates.

It took all of my willpower not to say "The hell you are!"

It only gets better from here . . .

P.S. I hope all is going well . . .
Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Besides, Chris WASa good friend.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAhhahahahha

Quick Reply: Why is the "Fake Hans" thread closed?