Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LONE STAR REGION - December 2007 DE

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007 | 02:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Oh, I think you'll find that I am EXTREMELY calm.

See you soon, Noby.
Old 12-02-2007 | 09:13 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Yet another superb DE run by LSRPCA. Congratulations to all the organizers, instructors, & volunteers for putting together a first class show. Richard & Dave, thanks for riding along with me. It was a blast, & I learned a bunch. Stay tuned for video to follow...
Old 12-02-2007 | 10:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

A very fun weekend!! Great to see & ride with a bunch of folks from here.

Especially Jeff AKA Cupcake.
Old 12-02-2007 | 10:48 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

How was the track on Sunday? I had to work today so Saturday was my only chance this time. Thanks to John for giving me some tips to help tame this turbo beast around the track.
Old 12-02-2007 | 10:59 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by mglobe
Yet another superb DE run by LSRPCA. Congratulations to all the organizers, instructors, & volunteers for putting together a first class show. Richard & Dave, thanks for riding along with me. It was a blast, & I learned a bunch. Stay tuned for video to follow...
+ 1 billion.

One the most fun DE's I've ever been to. Weather was fantstic - short sleeve T-shirts were appropriate in the afternoon today. Lone Star Region DE's rock! The intructors, corner workers, organizers (all volunteer) do such a fantastic job every time keeping us safe while we all have a great time. It was also great hanging out with all the Rennlisters and non Rennlisters alike. We are very lucky that the 3 regions Lone Star, Maverick and Hill Country put on such great DE's here in Texas.

Here's a clip of TR6 in his wife's bimmer shot from my in-car video. We were having a great time today, even though we're just a couple of rookies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1aCEBaf7ts
Old 12-02-2007 | 11:01 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

i enjoyed the day today very much...riding with friends

giving up on the 911 (even though driving is why I work so hard) was a good decision.

Mike you drove great and it was fun to ride in the ritz carlton of 911's

the last run session was wet and we had 5 spins in yellow....
turn 4 was ice skating and turn 6 was a guarantee spin

the BBQ was a real treat and a real success

I am committed to selling all my spare parts I don't need to finish the track car I have been diligently building for 2 years
Attached Images    
Old 12-02-2007 | 11:06 PM
weneversleep
Racer

As I expected, I knew I would regret missing this weekend. Ah well. I was planning on coming up for the BBQ on Saturday evening, but it just didn't work out.

Glad to hear everyone had a good time and that everyone stayed safe!
Old 12-02-2007 | 11:31 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Nice driving Steve. You need to get out of those blue trains. From the look of the video you're due.

TTGasman -- Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Hopefully next time. The track was great for the first three runs on Sunday. From Richard's report, it sounds like leaving after session three on Sunday (which is what I always do) was a good choice.

I've got some editing to do & then I'll post a vid of me following boze_man around. Be sure to check out my special video on the HWFMR forum.
Old 12-02-2007 | 11:57 PM
SWA911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
A very fun weekend!! Great to see & ride with a bunch of folks from here.

Especially Jeff AKA Cupcake.
I got your cupcake hangin' sport.

Great riding with you though. Super smooth and fast. It was a very fun ride and I hardly feared for my life once. Also big thanks for the check ride on Saturday. I'm sure it was not the most relaxing thing you did that weekend. I think I progressed pretty well from that initial session through Sunday.

I did have one little incident in T1 that took me off the track at fairly high speed on the outside, straight across the grass, through the ditch, across more grass, and out onto the apron of T2 of the oval. I went on around and chatted up with the EMS guys who acted pretty suprised when I pulled up next to them.

All in all, great weekend. LSR puts on a great DE and everyone was really nice. Super track and can't wait to come back in Feb.
Old 12-03-2007 | 12:23 AM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Here's a clip of TR6 in his wife's bimmer shot from my in-car video. We were having a great time today, even though we're just a couple of rookies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1aCEBaf7ts
Good times, man. As always, it was a large time hanging out with you and the rest of the gang. Can't wait to do it again.
Originally Posted by mglobe
Nice driving Steve. You need to get out of those blue trains. From the look of the video you're due.
Yeah, we were stacked up pretty good for a couple of laps there for sure. Nothing worse than having the braking zone moved up in every turn because of traffic stacking up....
Old 12-03-2007 | 12:40 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by TR6
Yeah, we were stacked up pretty good for a couple of laps there for sure. Nothing worse than having the braking zone moved up in every turn because of traffic stacking up....
Given the size of the train, I was happy with the way everyone managed it. It was the start of the first hot lap so everyone was a little bunched up. It took a lap or two but it thinned out really nice by lap 3 or so with everyone generally cooperating as they should.
Old 12-03-2007 | 09:49 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SWA911
I got your cupcake hangin' sport.

Great riding with you though. Super smooth and fast. It was a very fun ride and I hardly feared for my life once. Also big thanks for the check ride on Saturday. I'm sure it was not the most relaxing thing you did that weekend. I think I progressed pretty well from that initial session through Sunday.

I did have one little incident in T1 that took me off the track at fairly high speed on the outside, straight across the grass, through the ditch, across more grass, and out onto the apron of T2 of the oval. I went on around and chatted up with the EMS guys who acted pretty suprised when I pulled up next to them.

All in all, great weekend. LSR puts on a great DE and everyone was really nice. Super track and can't wait to come back in Feb.

Actually, riding with you was not a big stresser. I have had worse! Seriously, though, I would say that you picked up the track EXTREMELY quickly, and your driving instincts were spot-on, as evidenced by how you reacted when we began to spin in T4. I was very pleased with riding in your right seat, and would happily do so again!

I am glad you enjoyed riding with me. Sorry we were sliding around so much--after we came in, I discovered that one of my rear RA1's had corded all the way around....hence the high level of tail happiness we experienced 2/3 of the way thru our session. I thought it was because it suddenly was 85 degrees, and i had set tires for 70 degrees, but apparently I was wrong!

Oh....and I am very glad you didn't get sick in my car!

Please tell Jim hello for me. See you next time, cupcake.
Old 12-03-2007 | 10:33 AM
boze_man
Pro

hey all...great weekend, was good to see the usual suspects and meet some new...

thanks and great job as always richard and lsr...

and thanks to my 2 fantastic instructors...mpaton and veloce raptor...they pushed me ever so slightly and helped me take my drivin to a higher level...boosted my confidence in myself and my car...many many thanks

have a great holiday and happy new year everyone...see ya in feb

cheers
Old 12-03-2007 | 11:57 AM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Given the size of the train, I was happy with the way everyone managed it. It was the start of the first hot lap so everyone was a little bunched up. It took a lap or two but it thinned out really nice by lap 3 or so with everyone generally cooperating as they should.
Yeah, that session wasn't too bad after the third lap. But the second session on Sunday, I found myself in the biggest train I've yet experienced at any DE. Six cars opted to go through the hotpit to get out of it and that still wasn't enough to thin it out for another lap or so. And then they threw the checker right when I finally got clear. deep_uv happened to be on the opposite side of the track in the clear during that gigantic train and he reported afterwards having the track pretty much to himself....
Old 12-03-2007 | 12:22 PM
boze_man
Pro

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
I am committed to selling all my spare parts I don't need to finish the track car I have been diligently building for 2 years
looks good so far...like the color

Quick Reply: LONE STAR REGION - December 2007 DE