Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LONE STAR REGION - December 2007 DE

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007 | 09:08 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yes, Mike, you drove very well in T1/T2 !!
Old 12-06-2007 | 02:47 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Thanks Dave! That only leaves me with 13 more turns to learn.
Old 12-06-2007 | 04:21 PM
TR6
Drifting

Does the guy that takes photos at TWS have a website like Blair does for Maverick region?
Old 12-06-2007 | 04:26 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
Thanks Dave! That only leaves me with 13 more turns to learn.
Especially the 3 stooges! Heh Heh!

I like to think of TWS T7 being a little like Laguna Seca T7. Looks scary off to the right, but it's uphill and has positive camber... stay on the gas and your car just squeezes down on to the pavement giving you more grip than if you were to just coast. That's how I caught up to you at 8 every time.

Here's my 1-lap clip at Laguna (Skip Barber school, side by side with a friend's clip; I'm on the right - guess who wins?).

http://homepage.mac.com/ervtx/.Publi...naSeca_Lap.mov
Old 12-06-2007 | 04:41 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
Does the guy that takes photos at TWS have a website like Blair does for Maverick region?
He does. I have it at the house; will post it later tonight if no one else does.
Old 12-06-2007 | 07:07 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervtx
Especially the 3 stooges! Heh Heh!

I like to think of TWS T7 being a little like Laguna Seca T7. Looks scary off to the right, but it's uphill and has positive camber... stay on the gas and your car just squeezes down on to the pavement giving you more grip than if you were to just coast. That's how I caught up to you at 8 every time.

Here's my 1-lap clip at Laguna (Skip Barber school, side by side with a friend's clip; I'm on the right - guess who wins?).

http://homepage.mac.com/ervtx/.Publi...naSeca_Lap.mov
That track & those cars look fantastic. Did you do the three day racing school?

A short TWS story. One of my garage mates this past weekend had a tire failure & needed a spare to make it home to Houston. I gave him the donut spare I carry, & we exchanged phone numbers & addresses. And... today my spare tire came back safe and sound. I figured you could trust a trackie & it turns out I was right.
Old 12-06-2007 | 07:44 PM
boze_man
Pro

A short TWS story. One of my garage mates this past weekend had a tire failure & needed a spare to make it home to Houston. I gave him the donut spare I carry, & we exchanged phone numbers & addresses. And... today my spare tire came back safe and sound. I figured you could trust a trackie & it turns out I was right.

if it was me who borrowed the spare u would have gotten it back at the next DE...lol...deep_uv will tell ya
Old 12-06-2007 | 10:10 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes. The track is indeed fantastic. In fact, I signed up only because they had a rare weekend opening for the 3-day course at that specific venue. The cars, however... no downforce, sticky transmissions, street tires, etc. Their marketing spin is that if you can learn high speed, trail braking, threshold braking, heel-toe, etc. in these cars, then you can learn them in ANY car. I'll just say that the above is a true statement . Still I would recommend it to anyone who can afford it. Definitely a blast and definitely a learning experience.
Old 12-06-2007 | 10:43 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6

Greg,

Was the photographer the one with the small, self-contained trailer? If so, that would be the Digital Photo Cafe guy - http://www.dphotocafe.com I got my photos from him from the Feb 2007 DE at TWS, but it took quite a while and I had to "remind" him that I had already paid for my pictures. That said, he did do a nice job.

Sorry I missed you guys. Tweety Bird is down with a bad case of "broken 3rd gear" after the Octover DE at MSR. Hopefully, after Todd finishes my new cage, I can get the transmission swapped for a spare I am on the verge of purchasing from Pete Zimmerman. Feb DE at TWS and then Mar Club Race. Then May and some NASA GTS races and MAYBE a trip to Road America for Labor Day!

MAN! This slope sure is slippery!

TBP
Old 12-06-2007 | 10:48 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

digitalphotocafe@gmail.com
Old 12-06-2007 | 11:34 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff

MAN! This slope sure is slippery!

TBP
Oh yeah, and thanks to this man for challenging me to get my car out of the garage in the first place!

Toby, I need a new expense category in Quicken because of you... I think I'll call it "Auto Entertainment".
Old 12-06-2007 | 11:59 PM
TR6
Drifting

Greg, Was the photographer the one with the small, self-contained trailer? If so, that would be the Digital Photo Cafe guy - http://www.dphotocafe.com
Yes, that's the guy. Thanks for the link. But I guess he doesn't have his website set up like Blair where you can view and order photos. At least I can't find that on his site.
Sorry I missed you guys. Tweety Bird is down with a bad case of "broken 3rd gear" after the Octover DE at MSR.
Yeah, it would have been great if you could have made it. Just bring out the 930 next time if tweety is still down! I should have my RS America back around Dec 15. I can't wait. Its been a long time since I've driven it.
Old 12-07-2007 | 07:47 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervtx
Oh yeah, and thanks to this man for challenging me to get my car out of the garage in the first place!

Toby, I need a new expense category in Quicken because of you... I think I'll call it "Auto Entertainment".
You're welcome. And don't forget, I think Glen still has his Cup Car for sale!
Old 12-08-2007 | 01:53 PM
boze_man
Pro

toby...man your car looks great...hopefully i will see it in person at the feb lsr de...
Old 12-08-2007 | 04:40 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by TR6
Yes, that's the guy. Thanks for the link. But I guess he doesn't have his website set up like Blair where you can view and order photos.
If you email him, I think he'll send you a temporary link to your pictures so you can check them out.

Quick Reply: LONE STAR REGION - December 2007 DE