Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running with the Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:13 AM
RushGT3
4th Gear

Default Running with the Porsches

Anyone know if non-PCA members can sign up for HPDE's hosted by PCA? Am particularly interested in the one hosted this coming weekend by the Northern NJ chapter at Summit Point, obviously assuming there's still availability. E-mailed the event contact listed but haven't received a reply.

This is just asking for trouble, but think they'll hold it against me if I ran my e46 M3?
Old 10-17-2007 | 11:29 AM
jester911
Drifting

I am sure others that are in your region will chime in but most regions allow non-members for a little extra fee. Non-Porsches are also usually no problem. Most events have a mix of different cars. The M3 should not be a problem unless that particular region won't allow it.
Old 10-17-2007 | 11:30 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

from what I understand, that event is full
Old 10-17-2007 | 11:46 AM
sbarton
Instructor

NNJR is one of the few PCA regions in our area that allow non Porsche's to thier events.

-Scott
Old 10-17-2007 | 11:51 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

What's the problem with joining PCA? I'm a member of it and BMWCCA though I don't go to BMW events (they are priced substantially higher than a PCA event at the same venue). As far as running the M3, I believe CVR will allow it (maybe as long as they are contacted in advance with the request, not sure how it works). I have run with BMW's, Lotus's and Miatas quite regularly this year.
Old 10-17-2007 | 12:15 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by 1957 356
from what I understand, that event is full
I believe for that is true for the instructed groups, but there may be spots open in the solo groups, and there is definately always room in the instructor (upper) run group.

Give Russ a call -- his phone should be on the website where you found his email address.

Note that this weekend's event will be held at the Shenandoah Circuit, and not the Summit Point main circuit.

Hope to see you there - and if you make it in, look me up - Red 944S2, #142.
-Z-man.
Old 10-17-2007 | 03:55 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Is this the shootout thing between Porsche and Corvette? One similar to the one I got blasted for posting an idea similar on this forum? Hmmm....go figure.
Old 10-17-2007 | 04:16 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
Is this the shootout thing between Porsche and Corvette? One similar to the one I got blasted for posting an idea similar on this forum? Hmmm....go figure.
Looks to me like someone just wants to attend a PCA DE, isn't a member, and would like to use his M3 to me.. No shooting mentioned that I can see.
Old 10-17-2007 | 04:20 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Looks to me like someone just wants to attend a PCA DE, isn't a member, and would like to use his M3 to me.. No shooting mentioned that I can see.
My point is that one exists genius.
Old 10-17-2007 | 04:23 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Wonder why you were blasted, because of the inane idea or just because you're an *******?
Old 10-17-2007 | 04:27 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Wonder why you were blasted, because of the inane idea or just because you're an *******?

I'm not, but some of the guys here are like pirhanas, looking for fresh meat, I couldnt tell if you were joking or part of that crowd, if not my apologies.
Old 10-17-2007 | 04:35 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Scott, There are a lot of regions that allow non-Porsche cars including RTR.
Old 10-17-2007 | 04:38 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RushGT3
Anyone know if non-PCA members can sign up for HPDE's hosted by PCA? Am particularly interested in the one hosted this coming weekend by the Northern NJ chapter at Summit Point, obviously assuming there's still availability. E-mailed the event contact listed but haven't received a reply.

This is just asking for trouble, but think they'll hold it against me if I ran my e46 M3?
You should be fine. They'll just put you in a separate run group with all the Miatas and S2000's

-td
Old 10-17-2007 | 05:03 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

My experience has been that they all require PCA membership. Yes to different cars but no to non-PCA members. It usually comes down to a liability thing. Even for taste of the track lunch time stuff you need to be a PCA member.
Old 10-17-2007 | 05:29 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

My read on every chapter I'm a member of... The club spends lots of club money to subsidize our DEs and other events. Thus they want to provide services only to club members. To be a club member, you have to own a Porsche (no cheating). A few chapters will allow a non-member, but only as a last minute way to get a few more drivers in order to avoid losing money on an event (I've seen a few emails over the years to members saying -- we have room, ask your friends from other clubs if they'd like to attend).

If you own a Porsche, you should join the club. If you are a club member, then ask your chapter if you can run a different car. With my local chapter I've only seen maybe 1 or 2 at the most non-Porsches at an event this year out of say 100 or more cars.

I'm a life member of BMWCCA, but don't own a BMW right now, so I don't drive in BMW events. Mostly because I don't want to take a slot away from a BMW member that has a BMW that wants to attend (we usually have waiting lists in our area).

Quick Reply: Running with the Porsches