Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running with the Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007 | 01:17 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Here in Carolinas region, DE's are open to all marques and members/non-members of PCA. I believe registration opens early for members and if there are spots available after that time, anyone can register with non-members paying slightly higher rates.
Before I got my C4S, I ran with PCA with an Acura RSX-S and a *cough* Corvette *cough*. I only caught minimal flak for not having a P-car at the events.
Old 10-18-2007 | 03:45 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

I drive a Mini Cooper and run with ARPCA--nicest bunch of people. In the past I've also run with NOR, MV, OVR, and MOR--same deal.
Old 10-18-2007 | 04:27 PM
RushGT3
4th Gear

Just spoke with Russ, Track Chair of the NNJR PCA, and here's what I've learned (in PowerPoint form):

- For all events they host, Porsches are given preference and the DE is not opened up to non-Porsche registrants until, at most, a couple weeks before the event
- DE's at popular tracks (e.g. VIR) fill up with Porsches pretty quicky, where tracks like Shenandoah often have open spaces
- Unless they deem you experienced enough to run solo, they're often limited to non-Porsche participants by number of instructors

Unfortunately that leaves me excluded by the last camp of thought.

Will just have to attend several more non-PCA driving events and hope for the best. Or buy a Porsche...
Old 10-18-2007 | 05:10 PM
Z-man
Race Director

RushGT3 -
That is the reality of the situation. As an instructor for this event, I'd gladly do double duty and have you as a second student.... HOWEVER, since there will be only three run groups at this event (One advanced/instructor, one intermediate, and one beginner), that would mean I would have no downtime all day long.

Maybe next time...
-Z-man.

Quick Reply: Running with the Porsches