Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsches at Laguna Seca this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:34 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

I got to drive through the dust cloud, but he must have dropped a few wheels at turn 4, and then tried to save it. then, as we sometimes see, you end up backward into the opposite wall. (similar to a video clip on my signature line, on turn 6 by a nice duck tail 911)

the two rails that exit the rear of the motor, are shifted about 6" over on both sides. can you straighten something like that? he was lucky, that beautiful motor seemed to be untouched, just everything around it is really tweeked.

mk

Originally Posted by chancecasey
That really sucks. I hit that very wall in the exact same way, except the shot was in the right rear more than the left rear. Frame was easy ($500) to pull, though.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
chancecasey
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6 inches? That's a lot, especially on an earlier tub. My right rail was about 2-3 inches over, the left one significantly less so. Suspension geometry was not changed in the impact, amazingly. Jeff is a great builder as well as driver, though, so I'm sure he'll do whatever makes sense.
Attached Images  
Old 10-08-2007, 06:53 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

thats close to what Jeff is looking at, i would imagine. Be very interested to see what he will do

mk

Originally Posted by chancecasey
6 inches? That's a lot, especially on an earlier tub. My right rail was about 2-3 inches over, the left one significantly less so. Suspension geometry was not changed in the impact, amazingly. Jeff is a great builder as well as driver, though, so I'm sure he'll do whatever makes sense.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:28 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I got to drive through the dust cloud, but he must have dropped a few wheels at turn 4, and then tried to save it. then, as we sometimes see, you end up backward into the opposite wall. (similar to a video clip on my signature line, on turn 6 by a nice duck tail 911)

the two rails that exit the rear of the motor, are shifted about 6" over on both sides. can you straighten something like that? he was lucky, that beautiful motor seemed to be untouched, just everything around it is really tweeked.

mk
Spoke to jeff today, yes the frame and car is repairable , most of the damage is to the engine support tube , engine is fine tranny is not , so it looks like it will be repaired in time for the next race ....
Old 10-10-2007, 12:00 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

thats great news. it looks like a lot of work. probably more to do an other race car from the begining. too bad about the trannie. the impact must have done some damage the way it hit. I think he hit all wall, and not tires, so the impact was kind of hard. the engine did look fine. next race is at the end of the month. Those guys are heading for the POC/PRC at Sears while we will be at laguna again for our grand finale races!

Tell him hello and best of luck

MK

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Spoke to jeff today, yes the frame and car is repairable , most of the damage is to the engine support tube , engine is fine tranny is not , so it looks like it will be repaired in time for the next race ....
Old 04-10-2008, 06:02 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

what happened to jeff's car. Is it back together? change of chassis or repaired?

curious!

MK
Old 04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not see his name on the list for this weekend's races at infineon and he missed the races last month (as did I). We expect the guys from Portland to be coming down though, so I'll know more on Monday
Old 04-11-2008, 02:57 AM
97C2s911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I talked with Jeff last month and it sounded like his car was almost back together . I think his first race will probably be with PRC. It would be great if the 928 guys could come up and run the Rose Cup in Portland. There are 2 run groups in SCCA and the PCA club races lots of track time on the repaved PIR
Old 04-11-2008, 06:24 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Good to hear that Jeff actually was able to save that beautiful chassis.
anyway, would love to get up to PIR. looks like a great track. However, the racing budget is barely enough for the local races until something changes.
Maybe next year we will do a road trip for the portland Rose Cup.

mk

Quick Reply: Porsches at Laguna Seca this weekend