Sponsored by:

New MAVPCA - MSR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 12:49 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default New MAVPCA - MSR Thread

Anyone know this car? White-Red run group at the Driver's Edge Event at MSR Sept 16. Yes, those are feathers for numbers. And, yes, those are horns on the front.

http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...ewImage=263066

http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...ewImage=263081

http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...ewImage=263094

Has anyone been to the Eagle's Canyon track lately? Is November a real possibility?

-td
Old 09-29-2007, 02:05 PM
NightFlyer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, I was thinking of mounting some horns to the front of my car, I guess someone beat me to it.

I just signed up for the November DE at Eagle's Canyon. I hope it happens. George A, are you going to be there?
Old 09-29-2007, 02:41 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll probably be at the ECR DE on Nov 17. I also bought a membership there, but haven't been on the track there since mid May before the monsoon season started. Regarding whether they will be ready by then, I certainly hope so. But I haven't had any updates from the Cooks in a long time. I know they've been paving. I suspect that it will be ready, but just barely.

Its a hell of a fun track though.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:45 PM
JayP
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the Blue Goose 24hr of Lemons car. Jefferson was driving it in the instructor group.
1600lbs of pure hell.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:03 PM
rickdm
Racer

Greg, the Lone Star Chapter of BMWCCA is running an event at Eagles Canyon the weekend before the Maverick PCA event. So you could do it two weekends in a row. Should be interesting instructing on a track I haven't driven

rickdm
Old 09-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Dat( https://rennlist.com/forums/members/27303-cosmosm3.html ) is on the team or whatever for that car.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:45 AM
cosmosm3
Intermediate

You don't want a piece of the Team Blue Goose CRX...we only race for pink slips. :rofl: The car does have a facsimilie signature of Colin Chapman, so that's worth at least 100 suspension points.

I'm watching the Fuji F1 race on DVR and I'm pretty sure the CRX could take those weird looking cars.

Dat
http://www.teambluegoose.com
Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Jason, I'll be there. I hear it should be open and operational by the end of October.

George
Old 10-01-2007, 11:38 AM
NightFlyer
Racer

Excellent, can I get a ride in your car again?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 AM
TR6
Drifting

FWIW, I emailed the BMW DE registrar to ask if the registration for BMW ECR DE was open yet and he said it'll be available for registration one week from now. I haven't seen a price tag for it yet.

BTW, as a bit of trivia, the photo in my avatar was taken at ECR. Not that you can tell much about it from the photo...
Old 10-01-2007, 11:47 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Absolutely.....

G.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:32 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
FWIW, I emailed the BMW DE registrar to ask if the registration for BMW ECR DE was open yet and he said it'll be available for registration one week from now. I haven't seen a price tag for it yet.

BTW, as a bit of trivia, the photo in my avatar was taken at ECR. Not that you can tell much about it from the photo...
I'm in for MSR in Oct. The roster seems to have gained some momentum. Apparently lots of new entries over the weekend (I assume so based on them being "unassigned")

Haven't made a call on ECR yet. Er, the wife has made the call

-tom
Old 10-01-2007, 12:39 PM
NightFlyer
Racer

Greg (TR6),
Are you still finding dirt in your wife's car? Hopefully your car will be ready for the next DE. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by NightFlyer
Greg (TR6),
Are you still finding dirt in your wife's car? Hopefully your car will be ready for the next DE. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
LOL. I'll be finding dirt in there probably for years to come. I got most of it out though. At least it shouldn't start sprouting wildflowers out of the vents when Spring rolls around.

Unfortunately, my 911 will be down probably well into November. It may be possible that it will be ready by Nov 17 at ECR, but I'm not counting on it. Which means the wife's M Coupe will be on deck again for MSR in October and maybe for ECR too.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

"Greg, the Lone Star Chapter of BMWCCA is running an event at Eagles Canyon the weekend before the Maverick PCA event. So you could do it two weekends in a row. Should be interesting instructing on a track I haven't driven

rickdm"

Rick- For our PCA event we plan to hold an instructor clinic there that Friday before, for instructors to learn the track and get acclimated. As with our other clinics, we will hold a track walk- describe the line, and we'll have a lot of open lapping on Friday. We haven't put anything out yet, because the final paving is still underway at the track- and there are other issues. This week will be the "Go or No-Go" for that BMW event on November 10th, as I understand it from ECR staff. We are going to reach out to our instructors and drivers one month before the event (end of next week) with our version of a "go No-go." We really want to do this event, but as you know the first events were initally scheduled to begin in May of this year, so we need to be cautious on setting expectations.

There are new contractors working on the track, and money isn't the problem- it is a race between the clock and quality to hold events this year. We will have our first 2008 event there in March (to be published very soon). We hope to get the entire Maverick schedule published for the entire year 2008before the end of October.

Also- Yes, we are running the 1.7 at MSR because of low attendance. We could actually wait until the day of the event to choose the track configuration, however, the corner workers need to be secured 3 weeks prior to the event. That is why we had to make the decision last week. We have only run the 1.7 one other time in the last 2 years since the 3.1 has been open, because we had too few corner workers. This time it is due to low attendance. Frankly, we might have enough enrollment by the time of the event, but we are limited by the corner worker commitment. Also- it is not a self-fulfilling prophecy as was mentioned earlier. Back-to-back events (Sept., Oct. Nov.) with ECR being the last event, have caused much lower signups before we made the decision to run the 1.7. There was a request from someone for a refund. If you do not wat to run the 1.7 track and you signed up before we changed to the 1.7 configuration- we will refund all of your money. We want happy customers. We do not feel the 1.7 constitutes a discount, as a driver gets the same amount of track time, and the 1.7 is used by professional instructors with high-quality results. We do apologize for not running the larger configuration, but we have a few tricks up our sleeves to give those who do sign up some extra track time. Stay tuned.

Thanks- Keith Olcha

Quick Reply: New MAVPCA - MSR Thread