Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MAVPCA - MSR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there in the silver elf hearse again (M Coupe). Number 246 in Blue run group. My 911 is still undergoing major surgery at Buckley Medical Center. My fingers are crossed that it will be ready by Nov 17 at ECR.

Originally Posted by deep_uv
I'm in a black 964 Targa # 324.
Steve, what happened to that lifetime supply of stick-on numbers you got from Blair? I don't think they were number 324...
Old 10-25-2007, 01:33 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
I'll be there in the silver elf hearse again (M Coupe). Number 246 in Blue run group. My 911 is still undergoing major surgery at Buckley Medical Center. My fingers are crossed that it will be ready by Nov 17 at ECR.

Steve, what happened to that lifetime supply of stick-on numbers you got from Blair? I don't think they were number 324...
Don't get me started. Apparently #287 which I use at HCR and LSR region events or any other combination of 2, 8 and 7 is holy to the Mav Region even though nobody on the roster is using it this weekend? I guess I'll have to get a lifetime supply of #324 from Blair as well.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:53 PM
TR6
Drifting

BTW, the weather looks to be very pleasant. Actually a little cool. High of 75 for Saturday and 70 on Sunday with some clouds building.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:13 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now you've jinxed us all.

We all need to remember that Cresson is a lot cooler than the metroplex. Awfully chilly in the mornings...
Old 10-25-2007, 05:27 PM
MJHanna
Instructor

Bring your windbreaker and dover mittens
Old 10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, I may actually enjoy wearing my driving suit for a change. It's definitely warm
Old 10-25-2007, 05:54 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by boxster_s_257
We all need to remember that Cresson is a lot cooler than the metroplex. Awfully chilly in the mornings...
Yeah, I remember last April sitting in the car between runs, huddled in my heavy coat shivering. Keeping our windows rolled up on the grid until we rolled out... Yeah, I know... thin blooded Texan. But it was windy...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by MJHanna
Bring your windbreaker and dover mittens
Remembering last April, I'm bringing a parka. That wind cuts right through you there.

Last edited by deep_uv; 10-26-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: spellin
Old 10-28-2007, 10:39 PM
deep_uv
RIP

What a great weekend at MSR. The weather was great, albeit a little chilly in the mornings. High 60's, low 70's for the afternoons. Mav region put on a really well organized DE. I had to leave after my 3rd session on Sunday due to picking up a large phillips head screw in my left rear tire. About 4 laps into session 3, I notice a vibration during turns. Decided to pit in and take a look. Immediately found the large screw in my tire. Weekend over.

Kudos to the Mav region and instructor Shelly Burbank. She took me out in her G class 911 racecar. Holy cow, she's amazing. She scared the crap out of me. I can't say enough about how great an instructor she is and her driving is unbelievable.

Great to meet all the Rennlisters that were there. Sorry I missed Greg Smith, Greg H. and I went looking for you today but couldn't find you.

See all you guys at Eagle's Canyon in 3 weeks.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

Steve,

The bug-a-boo was out today. Lap 2 of second white session, and my third gear starts whining as I come out of Wagon Wheel headed to Riccochet! 3rd gear ONLY while under power. Sounded like I suddenly had straight-cut gears! Since I know that is not the case, I sadly came in after one more lap and parked the car. Talked briefly with Dr. Buckley..... sounds like it's gonna be TWO SETS of R6's worth of fixin'!

Weather was great all weekend. Good runs. Brad Boyd and I were having fun. And the highlight of my weekend was hounding Myron in his 930 so much that he pointed me by! Nothing like momentum!

Toby
Old 10-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,560 Likes on 820 Posts

Glad you folks had fun, and sorry for the mishaps. Shelly is a good drover.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Sorry Steve, I totally forgot you were going to be out there. To those of you that I met/know, nice meeting/seeing you. I had a rather hectic weekend, my brother signed up for his first DE this weekend and the first session out his car, Black BMW 540i, he was leaking fuel. So for some reason, which remains unknown to me, I let him drive my car(Black 330Ci) in green. He got bumped up to blue today and.... drumroll... spun my car in the 4th blue session(Ricochet). Nothing like seeing you own car doing spectacular 360's through a cloud of dirt from track-side. Well, at least he kept the some-what shiny side up .
Old 10-28-2007, 11:43 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I had a blast this weekend! George got to ride with me all day Saturday. He bailed after 1 day of instructing me. I was probably too fast and scared him Maybe it was that offline spin in Big Bend with the GT3 behind us.

Seriously though, George was awesome and done learnt me real good on a couple corners I was having problems with. Then he drove me around in the white group in a Barbie car. I think the Ken doll was in the glove box.

Thanks George!

The only cr@ppy part of the weekend was that I forgot to clear my SD cards, and every time I thought I was taping, the machine was just kicking back a "disk full" error that I didn't catch. I lost virtually the whole weekend of video.

But I did get 4 lightly used toyo RA-1s for 30 bucks each. I suppose that makes up for it

See you guys at ECR! And George, lunch is on my any time this week!

-td
Old 10-29-2007, 12:19 AM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
...I let him drive my car(Black 330Ci) in green. He got bumped up to blue today and.... drumroll... spun my car in the 4th blue session(Ricochet). Nothing like seeing you own car doing spectacular 360's through a cloud of dirt from track-side. ...
That was your brother??? I saw that and thought it looked an awful lot like your car. There was quite a bit of hay on the track after that!

Of course, he who is without sin... I had my own little adventure off of tombstone in the 3rd session today. And it was when I asked for an instructor to ride with me to work on a couple of turns. Brian Henderson drew the short straw and went out with me. I was cooking it through boot hill/tombstone and the right rear tire dipped off the edge at the outside between the two turns. There is quite a little drop off dug out there now (just like off richochet) and when it hit the dropoff, the car hooked around on the track and I suddenly found myself facing three oncoming cars as I slid backwards off off tombstone. Ahh, good times. A true HWFMR moment. Too bad there's no video...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TR6
That was your brother??? I saw that and thought it looked an awful lot like your car. There was quite a bit of hay on the track after that!
Yup, that was him in my car. If you thought that was a lot of hay, you should have seen the interior!!!... and brakes... and bumpers... and muffler... you get the idea. Potential HWFMR member???

Quick Reply: New MAVPCA - MSR Thread