Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to knock down rough primer and paint recommendadtion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:18 PM
CARVAL Motorsports
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

Contact one of our own OH/IN racers, Vince Massa - Mid Ohio Soda Blast, LLC. He told me about 4 hours to do an entire tub to the metal......CLEAN. www.midohiosodablast.com if nothing else, could be good for knowledge base.

Carl
Old 09-26-2007, 11:29 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Carl

Any idea on the cost? You can pm me if you want or email me at hotshoe@rennlist.net

Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll agree with media blasting the car and then having it powder coated. My entire chassis is done that way and it is lighter than if primed and painted, not to mention indestructable. The powercoating was something like $800 for the entire chassis which is far cheaper than you'll get anyone to paint it for.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:26 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

...lots of good ideas. Actually only interior part where primer is rough is the cabin and roof, trunk and engine compartment are fine. ballance of car is stripped of undercoating etc, so prefer not to send out for blasting again. looks like i'll just have to sand a little on the interior, few panel missing too so less work ;-)

checked on the spies hecker and it wasn't much more than a good base / clear coat in a blue, or maybe i was just getting ripped off with glasurit or it was that red color (heard they're more expensive).

Interested to hear more / see pics on the rustoleum hammerered finish, never heard of that.

Hey Carl -- glad to see ya over here. Like that model of your car.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:52 PM
CARVAL Motorsports
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Joe, Thanks!
Also, it will be good to get you back on the track REAL soon, so keep hammerin' away at the project.

John H. - No idea about the price, give him a call and let us know what you find out.

Joe, The model is by far.... almost a collector item! Valarie blew me away with it for a wedding present just after 04 championship. She commisioned Bob Hossack out in California. It is about a foot long, hollow clay artpiece, raku fired finish and really detailed in his farout caricature style. I love the thing, but am always worried someone will break it. I have three other pieces from Hossack, Andretti/Lotus78, Hulme/McLaren M8D and a plain, beautiful 911 that Val loves.

Carl

Quick Reply: How to knock down rough primer and paint recommendadtion?