Sponsored by:

FSR DE @ VIR Sept 22-24

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Don we missed seeing you and it was a great weekend. Thanks for all you do. Rmag and Sissernot, good times, thanks for the line! T.Roy
Old 09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Trj
Don we missed seeing you and it was a great weekend. Thanks for all you do. Rmag and Sissernot, good times, thanks for the line! T.Roy
You were smoking out there compared to a few weeks ago! But we can't take credit for that new line you found in T1
Old 09-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

what's open passing? Is it for red group only? I used to love the south course. Was like a nice sized autocross course. Great for teaching students since you got so many laps in one session.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:53 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

OPen meaning anyplace, anywhere, anytime
Old 09-25-2007, 01:54 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 84 Posts

It was NOT open passing. In the red group it was passing in any straight. Open passing would be passing anywhere (inc. turns) like they did at the Trackdaze event a few weeks ago. I wish they would do open passing in the red and black groups.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:55 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
It was NOT open passing. In the red group it was passing in any straight. Open passing would be passing anywhere (inc. turns) like they did at the Trackdaze event a few weeks ago. I wish they would do open passing in the red and black groups.
Hmmm, well then don't tell anybody that we were passing in non-straight locations

As Belicheck said last week...."I misinterpreted the rule"
Old 09-25-2007, 02:02 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I too also had several clear laps during virtually each session. I think it was in part due the the open passing and not having any trains build up.

It was funny, my student was green on Monday and was nervous about running the "Big" track so he asked me to take him for a ride in my car in his first session to show him the line etc. I had planned to run the session about 5/10ths but there was such a train that I had to step it up a notch or two in order to get some clear track and show him how several of the corners were linked together and the flow of the track.
After the session he commented how much nicer it was to run in an open track. When I finally let him run solo later that afternoon he really pleased me with his patience and ability to time his passes.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:03 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 84 Posts

There were some VERY slow and inconsiderate people in red. There was a red 944 that had "Farm Use" tags that was going as slow if not slower than a tractor! And I am not exaggerating. I swear he was doing 30-40 mph up the esses!
I got "spoken to" about passing multiple times without a signal and "possibly" passing in a turn. (Maybe I am Brian's long lost relative.)
I had fun running with Louis in the cup car. We had NO clean laps though.
I honestly think this was one of the slowest red run groups I have run with. First Settlers events were NOT like this in the past.
I did have a fun day though, all said and done.
Thanks for putting it on!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:05 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by LVDell
Hmmm, well then don't tell anybody that we were passing in non-straight locations

As Belicheck said last week...."I misinterpreted the rule"
As I mentioned to Bill Timmerman if I come up to you in a corner and my back end starts to drift out and I straighten out the wheel isn't that a straight??
Old 09-25-2007, 02:05 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Don't even get me started on Mr. Farm use! WTF was he doing? Driving to church? I swear he was doing 30 mph as well. My student was amazed when he counted it up that there we passed him 2-3 times in a session!

I agree though it was not the typical FSR event. Slow drivers in red, slow to give a pass signal, etc.. Where's Don when you need him!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by smlporsche
As I mentioned to Bill Timmerman if I come up to you in a corner and my back end starts to drift out and I straighten out the wheel isn't that a straight??

Old 09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Matt the red 44 was slow. Even I passed him twice in a session...
Old 09-25-2007, 02:12 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Matt the red 44 was slow. Even I passed him twice in a session...
I know he was slow, but not THAT slow
Old 09-25-2007, 02:35 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the dude was a Pansie...
Like I've said, Pansies shouldn't be in Red...
Old 09-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for holding you all up, but you're all exaggerating again. Farm Use blew by me on the bridge straight, but I was able to keep close enough through the climbing esses to know that he was doing at least 45 mph there.

Farm Use Racing (FUR) apparently consists of two identically prepared red '84 944s, which would explain why Eddie thought he passed the same car twice in one session.

Slow instructors who had Green students could have run in Black without a problem, and those who had Blue students could have run in White without a problem. But then we couldn't wear the impressive red wrist band, which is the most important thing.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jim Michaels

Farm Use Racing (FUR) apparently consists of two identically prepared red '84 944s, which would explain why Eddie thought he passed the same car twice in one session. .

Originally Posted by Jim Michaels
........ But then we couldn't wear the impressive red wrist band, which is the most important thing.
You know Jim it's all about the BLING !!

Quick Reply: FSR DE @ VIR Sept 22-24